News

My son’s Planned Wedding will be a “feast of death” – Taiwo Obasanjo Warns

BellaNaija.com

Taiwo Obasanjo

Taiwo Obasanjo, the wife of former Nigerian president Olusegun Obasanjo has described the planned wedding ceremony of their son Olujonwo and Tope, the daughter of Premier Lotto founder Kessington Adebutu as “devilish,” Premium Times reports.

Taiwo, had approached the Ikeja Division of the Lagos High Court seeking to stop the wedding scheduled for May 11.

Weeks ago, the suit was dismissed by Justice Lateefa Okunnu on the grounds that the court lacked jurisdiction as Olujonwo, 33, is an adult.

Taiwo had, in a petition dated April 4, 2017, to the Commissioner of Police, Lagos State, alleged that her would-be mother-in-law, Rosemary Dacosta was also involved in the plot to kill her.

She also alleged that her twin brother Kenny Martins and Tope are planning to assasinate her.

The letter, addressed to the head of the Methodist Church in Nigeria, read:

The two dates were chosen and compelled by Satan for them to lure unsuspecting numerous souls to a banquet of death, that will result in strange holocaust in our nation.

After the wedding, you will be hearing and seeing incidents of plane crashes, fire incidents, multiple road accidents, tankers and trailer killing people, cancers, diseases of kidney, liver, prostate cancer, eyes issues and diverse health problem causing strange death in people and the economy situation will worsen.

I am not against the wedding, all I am relentlessly pleading is for a shift in the date and they turned against me, even on the 11th and 13th of May they are planning to assassinate me or keep me in police custody from 10th – 14th May 2017, when they would have completed the devilish wedding ceremony.

Sir, is this a wedding ceremony or a clever, premeditated, devilishly calculated scheme to sacrifice thousands of souls as they come to the feast of death, ostensibly announced as wedding ceremony?

I am alive and healthy and I am not mad, God used me to convince my son to change his mind to marry this lady called Tope Adebutu, now they want to kill me by all means possible.

Taiwo said that she will stage a peaceful, public protest on the days of the wedding, and had already informed the police.

“This protest is to bring out people to praise the Almighty God very loud with songs and drummers to sing and dance like King David, as they hold the demonic ceremony. We will not insult or abuse anyone.

Please, I want the whole world to know that I am not mad and I am not against my son’s wedding but the whole truth will be revealed by the Almighty God who sees in secret all that is hidden, for the power of the Almighty God is supreme.

Reminder will be sent out to let people know that as many as are free, can join me in praising the Almighty God publicly when the wedding day draws near,” she said.

1. x-factor

May 3, 2017 at 12:37 pm

Africa Magic Yoruba tinz….Hian!

2. babym

May 3, 2017 at 12:44 pm

Haaa! me thinks paranoid schizophrenia. I’m pretty sure God does not work this way as He is definitely not an author of confusion.

3. nawa

May 3, 2017 at 12:56 pm

Shior!!!!
    Something is wrong somewhere

4. M

May 3, 2017 at 1:01 pm

Hmmmm mm nkan be. She may sound crazy but I never forgot the chills I got when I heard someone died know a ghastly accident on the way from OBJ s 80th. We can pretend posh all we want but these guys are fetish.

• Manny

May 4, 2017 at 4:30 am

Oh please. People die on Nigerian roads everyone. Most of them on the way from an event. It doesn’t mean they were jazzed at the party they attended.

• Manny

May 4, 2017 at 4:31 am

*everyday

5. Kosi

May 3, 2017 at 1:06 pm

I believe her. There’s no smoke without fire.

• Adebutu

May 3, 2017 at 1:56 pm

I HAAAAATE this statement. If I say you are pregnant when you’re not, guess what that is? SMOKE WITHOUT FIRE!

6. chychy

May 3, 2017 at 1:07 pm

Hmmmm this is serious.. this woman is really out to stop this wedding for reasons best known to her.

7. Viv Law

May 3, 2017 at 1:25 pm

As much as this lady sounds crazy…..how hard would it be for her son to shift the date just to put her mind at rest? She’s his mum, who clearly loves him to bits. Something doesn’t add up sha.

• nene

May 3, 2017 at 1:43 pm

very weird

8. Theresa Doghor

May 3, 2017 at 1:39 pm

This is very unusual!

Hmmm it would have been wiser for her to pray personally and probably fast to avert all the things that she is talking about.

I don’t know if she’s afraid, apprehensive
    She doesn’t seem wicked but going to a court to stop the wedding is very much like she’s wanting to cause trouble.

I don’t know what to say. Folks have weird families. Everyone.

9. Pee Wee

May 3, 2017 at 1:56 pm

Drama family….never a dull moment with this clan who appear perfectly made for social media.

10. Sean

May 3, 2017 at 2:49 pm

Crazy stuffs about this Obasanjo Family…………Seems nobody has it together in that family. There’s always one problem or the other from OBJ, his wives or children

• Yomi

May 3, 2017 at 6:32 pm

Dear Sean, its ‘stuff’ not ‘stuffs’ UW

11. Suga

May 3, 2017 at 3:00 pm

This woman again? And where in the world is the head of the family called Olusegun Obasanjo aka the almighty political father , is he not suppose to be the woman’s husband or does he not have a say in his own family? He is obviously busy engaging in every political war in Nigeria and abroad including advising Buhari on the way to move Nija forward which he couldn’t do during his own administration’s, whilst his very own house is on fire… Whatever happened to charity begins at home. What a shame and disgrace of a man and his family!!

12. Dee

May 3, 2017 at 3:55 pm

IDx channel tins.. Sounding very much like an episode of blood relatives.

13. swagg1

May 3, 2017 at 4:31 pm

This woman needs her psychotropic meds STAT!! WTH!!!

14. Biker Chic

May 3, 2017 at 8:55 pm

“After the wedding, you will be hearing and seeing incidents of plane crashes, fire incidents, multiple road accidents, tankers and trailer killing people, cancers, diseases of kidney, liver, prostate cancer, eyes issues and diverse health problem causing strange death in people and the economy situation will worsen”. lOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL. This sounds like those annual prophesies by Nigerian pastors. Why not during the wedding? Why after?