Career

“When I tell you don’t give up, pls hear me” – Sonnie Badu went from being a University Cleaner to an Honorary Doctorate Degree Holder

BellaNaija.com

Sonnie Badu

We love amazing testimonies!

Gospel artiste Sonnie Badu took to his Instagram page to share the beautiful story of how he went from being a university cleaner to bagging two honorary doctorate degrees.

Sonnie is also a UN Ambassador of Sacred Music and he is a recipient of Key to the City of Brooklyn, New York.

Sonnie, who is the author of 15 books, and has 3 albums in the bag, wrote:

I have worked as a cleaner in london before. I used to clean universities while my age mates were studying. I have also worked as a burger flipper in McDonald’s. I have worked in Tescos, boots, dixon’s, jones boot makers and being homeless before. I wore one suite to church, however it never stopped me from loving God because I understood times and seasons. At a point the mother of a young girl I wanted to marry in London told me never to step foot into their house simply because I had nothing to my name .. I think she provoked something in me. Today by the grace of God, I am a CEO of almost 10 companies, with an honorary Doctorate, a UN ambassador with an honorary key to the city of Brooklyn, an author of 15 books, 3 smashing albums under my record, happily married to a beautiful queen and God has blessed me with 2 kids .. so when I tell you don’t give up, pls hear me .. you are next in line for Gods breakthrough.

1. le coco

May 5, 2017 at 9:09 am

one of my fave ministers.. one of the few ppl that can get me on my knees in worship, then up nd jumping in praise all in the same night.. CONGRATULATIONS!!

2. Sean

May 5, 2017 at 9:44 am

Word!

3. Sophie

May 5, 2017 at 10:02 am

May the Almighty God grant you the peace you deserved as you go about administering his words through songs and testimony my dear brother in Christ Jesus. I love you but God Love’s you the best . greetings from Liberia. Say hi to your lovely wife and kids, we will be expecting you in Liberia some days. Peace!!!!!

4. Eno

May 5, 2017 at 10:23 am

Hallelujah!

5. Tee

May 5, 2017 at 11:18 am

Sonnie keep soaring, nothing do you. I wonder where the babe dey sef. 2005 was when I knew you were going places. But I’m sure you’ve always known that. The sky is your beginning, God still have His eyes on you.

6. Moniker

May 5, 2017 at 11:28 am

Awwwwwwwww.
    Nothing is impossible if we want.

7. M

May 5, 2017 at 12:41 pm

That last pic made me lose it. What a testimony!!

Mama too low for my daughter where are you? I am sure you are seeing it all.

NEVER EVER GIVE UP

8. Papermoon

May 5, 2017 at 12:54 pm

Congratulation Sony, we are proud of you. Well if you didn’t have any money and hadn’t sorted out your finances how were you going to support your family. Her choice of words might be wrong but she was right. Stop embarrassing her and her daughter in public.

• combust

May 5, 2017 at 5:48 pm

In as much as I am happy for Sony, I agree with you. Not every girl wants to fall in love with #potential. It’s her choice. It’s the same way you have guys who would rather marry a girl who is flashy and eye-catching and psychedelic than one who is simple and homely.

• Papermoon

May 6, 2017 at 1:48 am

Yea,

9. Jane

May 5, 2017 at 4:38 pm

God is Good

10. Tulsa

May 5, 2017 at 7:39 pm

Congratulations on your PHD, may your testimony be permanent. Thank you Jesus on his behalf .