Music

“For all of you waiting on LOVE, don’t give up” – MC Lyte is Engaged!

BellaNaija.com

MC Lyte is engaged!

The veteran rapper shared the news with Essence magazine exclusively in a recent interview on finding love after years of being single. In this interview, she reveals how she met her fiancé, John, online.

My biggest thing with dating was the ability to be vulnerable. With [John] I can totally just let go and be myself.

The Keep On, Keepin’ On rapper has also written a book called, ‘Your Man and Your Money: How to Get’em and How to Keep’em‘ – which is available on Amazon.

She announced her new relationship on Instagram earlier this year with the post below, captioned;

What can I say, except thank you Lord!! It’s been a long time, this singe life, and I thank you all for your prayers and kind words of hope. God has sent me true love. For all of you waiting on LOVE- don’t give up – keep God first and he will see that you meet your match. #godisall

1. Mo81

May 5, 2017 at 8:28 am

Yay!! So happy for her

2. Fifi

May 5, 2017 at 8:57 am

I always thought she was lesbo, good for her

• Anon

May 5, 2017 at 10:13 am

“Lesbian rumours begone!”

3. Ifeyinwa Atuanya

May 5, 2017 at 10:10 am

Her own case is different

She has written and published a book which is sold on Amazon

A man would want her, then she can decide whether she wants the man as well

Everything about her is in place, and she is living in her country: the United States of America

Love will definitely find her and did find her

Congratulations to MC Lyte

• bey

May 5, 2017 at 11:50 am

Don’t understand this your comment.
      COngrats to MC Lyte.
      Yes you can find love at anytime even in your 40s.
      In Naija as soon as you turn 30 and not married panic will start and ppl will be advicing you to go for deliverance that you have a spirit husband.
      I went through all this and more as I got married In my 30s .

• Diamond

May 5, 2017 at 12:52 pm

Naija and Africa different oO.
      I’m already 30, and I have started getting advise like lie and reduce your age, go for deliverance.. I don pray oO, do divine mercy prayer tire. I told my advisers, I don’t need a man that will run from me because I’m 30, but it seems a good advise because we are in Naija of Africa.

4. Me

May 5, 2017 at 12:47 pm

The same 90’s MC Lyte that sang the song “It’s All Yours”

This is for all the years you’ve been, my companion as well as my best friend
    So tonight baby I’m giving you what you want
    It’s all yours

Congrats MC Lyte

N.B – – I hope you’ve found your Brooklyn Boy Wonder and you will both grow together and never shatter

5. Felinda

May 5, 2017 at 5:00 pm

I am so happy for her.
    She has waited a LOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG Time
    Many made fun of her call her lesbian call her all sorts of things (even Wendy williams was one of em during her radio days).
    She deserves all the happiness she can get.
    I am extremely happy for her.
    Now her enemies can be ashamed.

Gosh i am so happy for her 🙂 🙂 <3

6. lady d

May 5, 2017 at 7:28 pm

Seriously one can find love at any age but Nigerians put a lot of pressures on ladies to get married before the big 3.0.
    I was having the age discussion with my bf who is almost 35yrs and he was like, he can nevrr marry a lady of 30 and how he prefers our 7yrs age gap,in my mind I was like ,what a jerk?

• linda

May 6, 2017 at 5:07 am

and you are dating the jerk 🙂 🙂 🙂

tis better to date a JERK than be lonely abi ?

7. aj

May 6, 2017 at 1:09 am

Mc lyte ma’am Congratulations and may God bless you.

8. Ifeyinwa Atuanya

May 6, 2017 at 9:30 am

@bey, You won’t understand, you are not MC Lyte

9. Akpeno

May 6, 2017 at 6:17 pm

I am truly happy for her!

But, I am also concerned…. I hope this guy is legit and really loves her… I hate what’s happening to females these days with the guys out to get what they can from them… I sincerely hope this is real and will last for as long as they both are alive.

10. Pamela

May 7, 2017 at 9:13 pm

Wowza!!! Congrats to her. Oluwa please don’t make me wait for that long oh. ???