News

“Igbos cannot leave the North after spending over N44trn to develop the region” – Ohaneze Ndigbo Youth Council

BellaNaija.com

Following reports of a coalition of northern youths ordering Igbos out of the region, the youth arm of the Ohaneze NdigboOhaneze Ndigbo Youth Council (OYC) has said that Igbos cannot leave after spending N44trn to develop the region.

A coalition of Northern youth groups had on Tuesday demanded all Igbos staying in the region to leave on or before the 1st of October, after which “major moves” would be made to evict them and assume ownership of their properties.

In a meeting themed “Igbos Mandate Against Genocide” with journalists in Enugu, the National President of the OYC, Mazi Okechukwu Isiguzoro advised the Igbos staying in the north to stay put and prepare to defend themselves against possible attacks.

The National President described the paper issued by the coalition asking all Igbos to leave the region as a call to arms, and should be treated as such by security agencies.

“Igbo cannot leave the North after spending over N44trn to develop the region,” the youth wing declared.

The Kaduna state government had ordered the arrest, investigation, and prosecution of the “Northern Youths” involved in making the declaration.

Source: Punch

1. Razz N Bougie

June 7, 2017 at 4:57 pm

Even as I condemn the treasonable declaration by the so called Northern Youths, I think the call from the Ohaneze Youth Council is out of order. You sit down in the relative safety of Enugu and ask Igbos in the North to “stay put” and “prepare to defend themselves”? When the gbege bust, will you be there to lead the defence? I think Igbos in the North should organise themselves properly and honestly, and then dialogue with recognised religious and government authorities. Speak for yourselves! Do not let somebody in Enugu or Umuahia hijack the narrative.

• Darius

June 7, 2017 at 6:50 pm

@Razz, you don’t dialogue with muslims. They hate the idea of peaceful coexistence. You need to listen to the kind of hateful messages their Imams preach about Christians. In the North, most mosques are led by extremists. They incite violence against Christians. Mosques have become centres where fanatics are bred and where evil plots are hatched. If you complain, some idiots who don’t know the situation of things in the North will call you a hater. I keep wondering why the government hasn’t clamped down on radical preachers.

If you think you can dialogue with muslims and foster peace, then you don’t know what you are up against. The word “peace” is an anathema to them. I remember when a Danish cartoonist drew a caricature of Mohammed, Christians in the North were killed and Churches burnt. What business do Northern Christians have with Denmark or the Danish cartoonist? You don’t dialogue with muslims! You arm yourself and keep a watchful eye.

• Anonymous

June 7, 2017 at 7:05 pm

@Darius. I do believe there are Muslims that are not violent. You do make some sense in your post, however it is irrational to lump all Muslims in one box. Historically, the roman Catholics also committed huge crimes directly or indirectly.

I would say the continuous callousness of the north is a function of disunity in the southern Nigeria. When southern Nigeria unites, it will make them understand that the scale of power has been tilted and any violence will be met with corresponding action or even the South pulling out. The north will immediately be humble with the realization of extreme poverty that will set in without the natural and human resource of the south, which continuously keeps the North afloat. As long as the south remains disunited, don’t expect change in the North. However, with the kind of hateful, unprintable comments coming out of channels like radio Biafra to the Yorubas, the possibility of a united south seems far fetched.

• Seun

June 7, 2017 at 9:33 pm

It’s insane to ask a group to just leave like that, Igbo people have invested greatly in North/Nigeria they are part of the success in the country. So no, Igbos are NOT going anywhere. It’s time for Igbos to come together, and have real problem solving answers. Every group has that ethnocentrism in them but in it we can stil build a great nation together.
      I also believe Igbo people should invest in their history, culture, language, and in the East as well. Igbo people’s history shouldn’t start with Biafra and end there. It shouldn’t be the lost Jews neither pointing fingers al the time. There has to be more to it. Igbos, push the government in what is necessary to be done to have the same shot at developing the East.

The conversation shouldn’t only be divide, divide let’s find a middle ground and have peaceful progressive SOLUTION. If Igbos leave now, there will be another division among them. The whole country will be in chaos, worst than the first Biafra. What binds us together is greater than what divides us. Let’s join hands together and kill the enemy(whoever preaches hatred and destruction).

I’ve always wondered why Igbos invested so much in the North, because even northern Christians don’t feel safe because at anytime some alakori/Muslim terrorists will want to burn down churches and businesses belonging to non Muslims. The government don’t want to address the hatred coming from the North because if there’s anything that Hausas/fulanis/northern Muslims don’t play with, it’s unity. They support one another even in destruction.

LET’S DEMAND THE GOVERNMENT TO TAKE ACTION AGAINST THIS.

• truth

June 8, 2017 at 2:24 am

I simply do not know why people who are not connected to water can be braggng…I think the igbos should call the yorubas…have a serious meeting on ending this competition between themelves…so they can reset the brain of the hausa/fulani that they are Niger republic without us.

• Lola

June 8, 2017 at 12:49 pm

Dairus abi na virus,I can see the mention of Muslims is giving you a lot of heart attack. Wawa alright

2. californiabawlar

June 7, 2017 at 5:04 pm

Nigeria, yam pepper scatter scatter.

3. Wale Vintage

June 7, 2017 at 5:08 pm

Look I tire o! Se these Igbo people wan leave or they wan stay. Na whose fault that they developed other people’s area and neglected theres. If Na to leave you simply can’t carry all your investments and properties with you. The best we will offer, is to give you small tight time for you to liquidate your assets and sell it off to willing “other” nigerias at rock bottom prices and bid you farewell. Next time you miss us, we will issue you visa to visit, in fact that too will be at our discretion-like if we run out of okirika clothing or if we have low supply of authentic very fair complexioned women. Other than that please quickly carry go, a beg.

• Iya ibeji

June 7, 2017 at 5:45 pm

Your comment is very insensitive. Its a terrible feeling to feel unsafe and marginalized in your own country, yes that is the story of the masses in Nigeria but we cannot continue to ignore this kind of threats whether empty or not towards the igbos.
      Who are these arewa people and what gives them the right to threaten fellow citizens?. If the igbos go back home due to this threat (which is the reasonable thing to do), are we not reiterating the fact that some group of people dictate what happens to the rest of us? Why then are we together as a nation?
      I hear diversity and our number is our strength, but it is only a strength if we make it so. All it is now is a major problem holding the all of us back. As a yoruba person, do you think I want to continue in this present Nigeria because I don’t feel as marginalised as the igbos. I hate when I’m being called a coward for an offence “they” said someone committed years before I was born, I’m shocked when I see yorubas hate igbos and I’m like who are this people who get to tell me how I feel about a group of people or is it when yorubas are the problem because they voted for Buhari. I didn’t even vote for him but everybody has a right to vote for what they believe in even if it turns out to bite them. I hear yorubas dont want the igbos to go and I’m like where is is this info coming from. All I’m saying is I’m tired of the relationship too, its either we work out our differences or we separate. Its tiring being in a “by force relationship” so its time to decide what we all want – leave or stay. Should we decide to stay, the country has to be safe for everyone, policies fair to everyone

• Mrs chidukane

June 7, 2017 at 6:43 pm

You and all the people that loved your comment are extremely foolish.

• Wale Vintage

June 7, 2017 at 7:00 pm

Let us look even more critically at an Igboless Nigeria. I see only pros sha, no cons.
      1- Instant job creation, mainly for the youths in the SW and Ss region, since we all know jobs are of no use to Northerners. By job, I don’t just mean the traditional jobs o, ‘cos like you know igbos have mastered this apprenticeship system. So all the businesses we are bound to take over, we will just continue their system and train people (in my Igbo voice)? All the forces like police and armed will have more open positions.There will even be more options for NYSC placements too. Also internship will be bony…you get my drift.
      2- Transportation- all the ekenedili buses we will instantly commandeer will be used for mass transit in other parts of the new Nigeria.??
      3- Government will shrink and so would govt expenditure. Both houses of assembly will be smaller and that will save us more money. We can direct the extra money to implement a drone program that will hover around the perimeters of the new Igbo country so no one escapes into our new nigeria to do any hanky panky?You know how cunning Igbo people are, their wayo plenty. We know they cannot dig tunnels their land is not very stable so we are fine-the drones will do. But sha, just in case, to really make sure they don’t slip in, we will place ak-47 carrying herdsmen along the perimeter of the 10 feet high wall we will build around Igbo land. You know they shot on sight and aboki no understand English.
      4- We would have to rejig Nollywood and our music industry. We shall miss phyno and the rest and genny baby?Awww. But?There is always YouTube.
      5- For the lonely hearts, wife and husband material go boku. Since I can’t imagine say Yoruba man will follow him wife go Igbo land where they will turn him into nkwobi? So the singles be happy??
      6-ajegunle, awww. Some sanity and organization will soon be your portion o, amen.
      7- There won’t be need for Eze of oshodi or idumota. Our local Oba and baales can finally rest.
      8-The map of new Nigeria will now have a hole in it. And we will become smaller technically.
      9- our revenue will grow since we too can now begin to enjoy the old Igbo tactics. We shall charge them for flying over our territory, for importing via our international waters even if one mosquito flew in from igboland we too shall charge exorbitant import duties.
      10-Culturally, the country will evolve into a happier less negative one. We shall breath a collective sigh of relief from all the Igbo whining of disenfranchisement and lack of opportunity for the past 50 yrs
      11-we shall sadly lose a couple of heroes like Zik and Achebe but we shall remember them in our history books.

• Osa

June 7, 2017 at 7:00 pm

Wale vintage has a point. Igbos go about everypart of the world “improving” those places, claiming industrious nature etc which is a good thing. But you go to their own villages for the once in ur lifetime u are posted for nysc and just wonder at how backward they still are.

Some villages till now dont have electricity!
      Maybe its a wake up call to them. They always seem to be chased away from everywhere they go. They should channel their energy towards living in their own states for once. Unfortunately they appear ashamed of their villages and only go there at the end of the year to show off.

Same goes for Nigerians and africans generally in the diaspora. You cant cry racism, segregation etc as long as our countries are the way they are. If you like be the prime minister of uk with the best policies improving the country.
      Why qre oyinbos respected by default when here?

Truth hurts.

• Mrs chidukane

June 7, 2017 at 7:33 pm

I don’t get it. How many rural areas are developed in Nigeria? I think I have traveled around Nigeria a bit. There are places around dodan baracks that look like ngwa road in aba. Even places on the mainland that will make you ask if you’re still in Lagos so what are you saying? When government will not bring development to people will they kill themselves?More than 80percent of igbo people do not want biafra especially if it will cause bloodshed. Those that want it are extremely few,young people . Also, ipob members have been peaceful. Noisy, but peaceful. In fact, whatever . I didn’t know ibos are the only ones without electricity in their villages in Nigeria . At least igbos know their villages. Many of your kinsmen don’t know, have never been to their villages and are proud of it. Meanwhile mtn has been commissioning boreholes in your state with people laughing and rejoicing @osa . I wonder why, since you guys are so “forward “.

• Mrs chidukane

June 7, 2017 at 7:35 pm

*electricity in some villages cos I have always had in mine and all the ones I’ve visited.

• funke

June 7, 2017 at 8:55 pm

BUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ABI O! BYEEEEEE IGBO’S!

• Osa

June 8, 2017 at 4:48 am

Wale vintage that your 7pm comment ehn ????????????????????????? it would be better self

• The Midnight Rambler

June 8, 2017 at 6:57 am

Your asinine comment is what makes the unity of the South a pipe dream. Congratulations, fool!

• Abi

June 8, 2017 at 9:19 am

Wale, I have to say that the hate that you exhibit is based on fear. You may not agree but consider the mindset of terrorists, ethnic cleansing mobs and these very same blood thirsty northern youth and know that you stand side by side with them. It is fear that drives all hate. Your comments are really saddening and I feel the need to pray for you and others like you. Please take a second and ask God to reveal to you the things in your life that have caused you to hate so easily. Speaking from experience, there is nothing that love cannot conquer. Just ask Germany and England.
      As for the impending doom that is being bandied around with so much ease; do you forget that God is still on the throne?
      Nigeria, a supposedly religious country.

• nene+

June 8, 2017 at 9:45 am

@wale vintage are you this insecure??? hahahahaha Igbos have been your nightmare. Wait a minute my NigerDelta will not serve your Fulani masters along with you. Continue licking ass. However i hope you are truly joking. Otherwise your hatred has been acute envy.

My dear “Egbe belu ugo belu” eagle and other birds are free to perch STOP THE ENVY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!STOP BEING JEALOUS……

• Iya ibeji

June 8, 2017 at 1:10 pm

BN,Please why have you held on to my comment for this long? Not nice at all. Atoke baby, please do the needful.
      Wale Vintage – Receive sense! Do you honestly think that the Northerners see us in South west and south south as their equals. When they are done oppressing the east and win, they have more confidence and turn to the ss and sw, then you will realize its not a joke.
      No one has the right to threaten fellow citizens in their country. Its tiring, if we stay as a nation, things cant continue with people threatening others, marginalisation, if we can live in peace, then we should all go our separate ways. What we need to fight is our leaders, they must stop opressing the masses. I wonder why we are not doing that , instead turning on ourselves.

4. Nakoms

June 7, 2017 at 5:33 pm

I just love this quagmire we have put ourselves in! My attitude here is don’t let a GOOD CRISIS go to waste! This Igbo quest for a sovereign state coupled with the festering niger delta issues and the identity crisis of northern Christians brings to the fore the need to restructure and recalibrate this great country along regional lines and the enforcement of true federalism whereby each region will develop at its pace.

• Osa

June 7, 2017 at 7:02 pm

National referendum is the solution!

5. Pls go home

June 7, 2017 at 5:38 pm

Ipob should leave quickly,before they start their madness up north.

• nnenne

June 9, 2017 at 12:13 am

You are right!
      As an Igbo woman, from all I have read about northern Nigeria, I still don’t understand why some Igbo people still live there!
      My people, life is wealth!

BTW, the first community pipe borne water in my village was built in the 60s, though the women cooperative ,who were later supported by their husbands.
      Since the 1060s, every village in
      my town has at least one primary school built through community efforts, some villages have three. .owned by churches or private. Our autonomous community in the 60s had a girls secondor school, a teacher training college, a boy’s secondary school all built by the community They also built a
      co-educational secondary school in the 80s, a cottage hospital and a weaving center in the 90s.. The weaving center later shut down. Our public post office was also built in the 60s and still stands till date. We have rural electricity but light is not regular. I could go on and on. But note that all these were built through community efforts.
      My town is in Imo state.
      Yes, it is still rural but some communties in Nigeria today do not have these things. They are sitting still waiting for the government and their sons and daughters are millionaires !

6. Nakoms

June 7, 2017 at 5:41 pm

Nobody is afraid of the Igbos leaving nigeria. What you have with the call of a sovereign state of biafra is pure political brinksmanship. Give them a referendum to decide biafra exit and you be amazed that they will vote to stay. What with the millions already invested in many parts of the country. MBANU!

• Osa

June 7, 2017 at 7:04 pm

I honestly think we should split. If you have investments too bad!

• Nakoms

June 7, 2017 at 7:27 pm

@Osa. Bros how do you split.a country like nigeria. I am from the Ibo speaking part of delta and all of my people reach.for the gun when they hear biafra. The Ikwere man has put RUMU in all parts of Rivers state to declare his non ibohood. If you go to the North the Middle belt states are insisting there is no one North. Even far northern Christian are afraid of an Islamic northern region/state.

A few years ago we had the government of Abia state asking all non Abia eastern states indigens to leave its civil service. In the West the Ife man does not see eye to eye with the modakeke man.

Let me end where I started from. While my people are Job speaking in delta we are a minority in the South South where the Ijaw,Isoko, urobo and Itsekiri don’t see anyaya!

So tell me how do you divide NAIJA!!!

• Osa

June 7, 2017 at 7:54 pm

@Nakoms my former bende brother. ???? . Abeg am osaretin . Female. There are ways to split. First natonal referendum. Not everyone will be totally happy at the end of it all. But done it must. There will be terms and conditons guiding how investments are treated. Minorities too will vote whom them wan follow go in another separate referendum or if they want to be autonomous. And no state is too small to stand alone. Is republic of benin near us not a country? Togo etc.
      Its a democratic issue. People like the yoruba speaking akokos in edo can follow yorubaa if they choose to. Naija alone is 4 times the size of uk. So no state is too tiny.

• Anonymous

June 7, 2017 at 8:09 pm

@ Osa ” There will be terms and conditons guiding how investments are treated”
      While your post sounds logical, you should know that in a country filled with inter tribal hatred, all investments outside your zone, will be kissed goodbye. The aftermath of even staying in another zone after the country breaks up will be catastrophic not to talk of owning properties.

7. Nakoms

June 7, 2017 at 5:53 pm

We are far greater as one United country with a huge population and highly intelligent citizens. The problem with us is that.we have a faulty structure. Like the saying goes what can the righteous do if the foundation is faulty. Solve that.and nigeria will be one of the leading G8 countries in 20 short years. NAIJA FOR LIFE

• I_I

June 7, 2017 at 9:44 pm

Nope. I’m not Igbo, but I honestly don’t see the point of sharing nationhood with some-one I share nothing with except forced patriotism. Lets assume my tribe decides to play the bigger one and put nationhood first (I know, I know . . . in my dreams), it would have played the fool cos every other ethnic nationality would have used that opportunity to grab power, and resources for themselves. When its time to arrest corrupt politicians, everybody would be pointing fingers at the other people that have not been arrested, and protecting their own. Mbanu, Biafra must secede, then the rest of us can also go our separate ways. No one has to lose property anywhere, we would all as smaller nations have a more direct say in our destinies.

8. Ade

June 7, 2017 at 5:56 pm

Igbo man and chest beating…..44 trillion Naira that cant be backed up by any statistic. Please stop your incessant noise about investing in other parts of Nigeria. Like every human being, Igbos only move to places that suits their economic objective. No one leaves their home because they want to go invest in a foreign land. Similarly, Nigerians move to the USA, UK, Canada, Australia and other developed countries solely to achieve legal personal success and financial security. Most Nigerians in Malyasia, Cambodia, Indonesia, Thailand are engaging in all sorts of illegal vices to make money.

Nigeria splitting means everyone relocates back to their zone. You will understand that when there are excess properties in the market without enough buyers, those properties that you keep shouting about, will be sold at rock bottom prices to our near neighbors in Benin. There is nothing like I’m Biafran but I live in Nigeria, because certainly tolerance and inter-tribal issues will spike up. Your so called importation of clothes, spare parts, electronics and drugs, (aka “investments”) will be outsourced to the Chinese and Indians, who are always ready to fill your space. Like the Yorubas will say, Oja oyingbo ko mope eyan kan o wa.

• nene+

June 8, 2017 at 9:56 am

Another Igbo hater spotted. Ade…..take a deep breath. Igbos your night mare…….
      Chest beaters you said, don’t you have chest? beat ya own naaaaaaa..jealousy go quench. Do you think an aboki know who is an Igbo from a Yoruba? They will kill any one who does not look like them….Aboki na illiterate abi you no know? Sit your tiny behind there and be rejoicing at the threat to your fellow man na una them go first kill even the Yoruba Muslim is an infidel in alamajiri optics.

But sincerely Igbos should be dealing with their men like Jim Nwobodo, Orji Uzor Kalu, Uba and brothers, Ken Nnamani who are busy licking Buharis ass even as Boko boys are threatening their peeps.

I just tire……….

9. Manchy babe

June 7, 2017 at 6:02 pm

Why would ndi igbo spend such amount to develop the north when we lack a lot of infrastructure in the east. Why didnt you use it for our land. It seems we didnt learn from the massacre in the past.

10. Tee

June 7, 2017 at 6:20 pm

Oba Akiolu should get ready to sell salves by the time Ohaneze slam them with bill of their investments in EKO. Sebi I don talk am last year say all this Biafra rant na out of hatred for Bihari, e no hold water. They kept mum during Oga Jona administration when he favored SE in political appointments. Nigerians should get ready, we’ve been saying this since beginning of the year. The confirmation that people will return from overseas is no longer news. We see returnees every month. This isn’t about PMB though it hides under that guise. It is deep!!!!!! People should start relocating to cotonou???, what the evil people in Nigeria government are planning is subliminal but the effect no go good o. I don talk my own

11. Somto

June 7, 2017 at 6:39 pm

Exact same thing happened during the Nigerian/Biafrian war. Most Igbos resisted only to flee at the last minute and many of them were slaughtered like animals. History is about to repeat itself again. Ndi Igbo please be wise don’t let some people with their own agenda determine your destinies and future.

12. Bad gang

June 7, 2017 at 6:43 pm

Apparently igbo people have no defined leadership… I just hope like the 60s they get on the wrong side of decision making

• Bad gang

June 7, 2017 at 9:32 pm

They don’t get on the wrong side***

13. Jjc

June 7, 2017 at 6:52 pm

Nawa oooo is it by force!!!! Ohaneze why u no advice you people to invest in their own land??? Biafra Biafra Biafra meanwhile u pple are still investing in other people land! Majority of ibos don’t even live in d east.they have most of their businesses and investments in d south n north.please don’t even take it personal, cause I am ibo as well but the truth is bitter!

14. Mummybobo

June 7, 2017 at 7:03 pm

It’s is very hard for u to see a hausa man build or invest in another state most especially the Eastern part. But Igbo man like cheaper tiko die, once they see cheap land they will jump and buy it sharp. Dem go lose sha but later them go dey alright last last. Me no want war ooooooo

15. Ajala & Foodie

June 7, 2017 at 7:18 pm

I don’t understand why this whole Biafra issue cannot be put into a referendum and let the people vote??? I think a minority are using this whole division for their selfish gain. That includes all ethnic groups (see Oba of Lagos comment, Igbos and now this Hausas). Let the people vote and decide, I doubt (and I may be wrong) that majority will vote to leave Nigeria. Based on the results of their votes then the people of the East can either leave “all their investments” in other parts of the country, because yes, that what it is what a “YES” vote will mean or the government is forced to put some changes in place in favor of the Easterners.

I don’t see a mutual agreement being reached without a referendum that at least puts Biafra to vote. The only advise I have for those pushing for Biafra is this, understand that Biafra does not equate taking over the entire Nigeria,that is a battle you cannot and will not win. Other ethnicity “No go gree”. My fear is that, that is what some are fighting for, Neverthless, we as a nation cannot keep closing our eyes to the lack of infrastructure I need the East. (Not that the ones in the North and West are great to begin with. See una airports).

16. Cocolette

June 7, 2017 at 7:37 pm

In the past few years (about 5-7 years), it’s been in the subconscious of the average Igbo man not to make huge investments in the north because it’s so obvious that you’ll be chased out one day. I’m happy that states like Anambra have their leaders and indigenes making more investments in their state, I wish indigenes of other Igbo states would follow suit. It is inevitable that Nigeria will break up… if not soon, much later.

• Cocolette

June 7, 2017 at 7:48 pm

…Igbos in the north, please be alert and be guided. El-Rufai will not do anything if/when his people start, nothing has been done about the herdsmen till now. Your lives are not guaranteed especially now that Buhari’s life and tenure hangs in the balance. Best to start relocating your family and property now. Udo diri unu.

• Anonymous

June 7, 2017 at 8:02 pm

Keep deceiving yourself, your brothers are still trooping their en masse. Go check them in Kano, Kaduna and Abuja. You people should go about Biafra in a logical manner, not making enemies out of people with no respect for life, while living in their backyard. My parents were practicing doctors in the North till sharia law was declared. We immediately packed our bags. Boko boys are temporarily on sabbatical and they are very hungry to get back to work. Don’t allow your brothers to be used as preys while Nnamdi Cownu is enjoying in the east. Nigerian police are almost non existent, how many of your brothers do you think they can protect? If you know the multitudes that died overnight in the Jos crisis before the security forces could even be deployed. Nigeria is not USA where police protection is one phone call away. Go about Biafra in a way that doesn’t put your brothers in danger.

• KPOMKWEM

June 8, 2017 at 10:44 am

17. Nakoms

June 7, 2017 at 7:50 pm

And on a final note. I am married to a Yoruba woman and if this country should scatter I will prefer that my daughters remain in the WEST (READ, YORUBA) which, in my opinion is the most progressive part of the country where womens rights are much more guaranteed. The rest of NAIJA, including NAIJA delta where I am from, are WOMEN RIGHTS BACKWATERS!!!!

Goodnight

18. GANNY OGUNSHAKIN

June 7, 2017 at 8:56 pm

Nigeria Belongs to us all. Igbos have no where to go. They should stay and fight for their rights as Nigerians. Those Hausa youths needs a thing or two more to learn about Nigeria period.. They should be fighting their foolish leaders past and present. “They stole their future” ( By implementing stupid programs ) not the Igbos. A word is enough for the wise. I’m just saying.

19. Lliki

June 7, 2017 at 9:19 pm

The Igbos are gonna fight another loss battle! I only fear for my extended Igbo family.
    Make peace, not war.

• The Midnight Rambler

June 8, 2017 at 10:10 am

Do some of you ninnies even understand the concept of a true democracy? Or that the moment any part of the federating unit feels marginalized or unjustly treated, it creates a fissure in the entire political arrangement? The more I feel the bile being spewed on the Igbo in some comments here, the more I am convinced that we need to leave the Nigerian union. And to those who are relishing a situation where Igbo will be roundly defeated , crushed and exterminated in the event of a civil war, I would remind about a common adage which advises anyone on a mission to kill another person to dig and make ready two graves…as he could himself be the likely occupant of one. Thank you.

20. FifiLa

June 7, 2017 at 9:55 pm

Nigeria is in trouble! You sound like the white people in South Africa during apartheid.
    For a nation of highly educated individuals, the tribalistic nonsense I’ve read is proof that education alone in not enough to ripen the mind.

From an outsiders point of view, Nigeria seems to be a ticking time bomb for an all out tribal civil war. It’s 2017 and you speak of other tribes like they’re aliens from a different galaxy system.
    Instead of holding perpetrators accountable you would rather perpetuate nonsensical falsehoods about others.
    Nigeria is in trouble but who’s going to save it?

21. nnenne

June 7, 2017 at 10:22 pm

One Nigeria?
    I laugh! !
    Do Nigerians actually understand what it means to belong to one nation?
    Just read through the comments and tell me that Nigeria is one.
    Can a man from New York ask a man from Virginia to go back to his state to invest or locate his business, or destroy his property just because he came from out of state?
    Meanwhile. When it comes to resources, Nigeria becomes one.
    Even the Hausa youths are commanding the igbos to live, so that they will stay connected to the oil!
    Even if the igbos leave on their own, what makes them think an Ijaw man wants to be aligned with them, with their “born to rule ” mentality?

Let’s be honest. Nigeria is not a country. We can never make progress with what we call a nation, now, where an Igbos man is blamed and threatened for establishing businesses in a different part of a country he calls his own. If this is one country, I do not blame those looking to secede from Nigeria.
    And the Northerners should be asking for their own country too, at least, they can be presidents all the time. Is that not what they love?
    #Born to rule.!

• Jade Edo babe

June 8, 2017 at 2:00 am

@nnenne
      Abeg, take several seats. You keep pushing Biafra, you, your family better be ready to fight with sword, red eyes and to die when the time come. War is time for the worst to happen. All the people pushing it should volunteer their lives first Kanu being first in line. Please, don’t expect Yorubas and south to rescue because we are not in this together.
      United States of America is NOT one but it’s fighting through the division and issues everyday. . So, no country will be perfectly ONE. However, I believe Nigeria can move past all this distractions. The government should condemn such hatred because North has no right to tell Igbos to leave. Igbos there are better ways than Biafra.

22. nnenne

June 7, 2017 at 10:53 pm

Oops… meant, “commanding Igbos to leave. …”

23. Presh

June 7, 2017 at 11:05 pm

I see the 2nd Civil war we are so desperately trying to avoid brewing. I knew it could eventually happen but not this early. I’m too young for this o.

24. Fleur

June 7, 2017 at 11:44 pm

See bella screening comments. Here we go again. How is a fiscal transaction part of the premise for secession? Putting aside the scrupples with secession and applying objectivity and logic, the threat from these groups towards the Ibos is something else e.g., land grab camouflaged as secession worries. If I go to Paris and I point at some landed property, say I want to buy it, meet the offer and close the deal, the house is now mine. Nobody globally in an open and fair market sells property on the premise of ethnicity or whether you have pledged allegiance to the country, city, state, tribe, etc. The ibos when buying property in the north did not do so under some contractual agreement that they can only own their properties if they remain Nigerians. That is why many of the thieves we have are owners of prized property abroad. Imagine if at the time of purchase of a property I was a Parisian. Then 20 years down the line, I decide for whatever reason that being Parisian does not pay as much as being Belgian and I change nationality to Belgian and renounce my French nationality. Will the French come and occupy my home in Paris? answer is HELL NO. Our tribalism is hate fueled and will eventually cost us too much.

25. Bowl

June 7, 2017 at 11:45 pm

Osa and Nakoms be spewing intelligent foolishness sponsored by something lower than the intellect they are passing on. Now,there’s an explanation for it -the insecurity you feel where the Igbo man is .Anybody can smell it.

26. #TeamJollofRice

June 8, 2017 at 12:14 am

Nnamdi Kanu, I am sure you are very happy now abi…. Most of our brothers will come back empty handed…

27. Lord have mercy!

June 8, 2017 at 8:29 am

this issue is not doubt a sensitive one. let us all tread carefully. have a sense of history people! !

28. Ludo33

June 8, 2017 at 9:20 am

Funny enough. The people I pity in all of this are the minorities in the north. I saw a comment if someone that said he is from kaduna and a Christian and if the hausas start killing Igbo he will join and I laughed.. I laughed so hard. The same you that this same hausas have been killing since this year. Every day we hear news about how you have been butchered?? And am like se owa okay ni??

The killings of other minority in other northern state nko? The one happening in maiduguri nko?? I pity you the minorities the most. Because paradventure what this people are seeing for materializes, then the next people to face are you the minorities and you will be cleared without anyone blinking. Because the Yorubas will say they are killing themselves not knowing they are finishing themselves. I’m sure some people don’t know chibok is a Christian town.

The best is to coexist happily. In as much as there are people who want to separate, try and coexist. If it’s not working then a referendum should be done and the igbos leave peacefully. Yes, there can be a peaceful exist. You are shouting igbos go, go to your land. If the igbos go to their land and call their place biafra, next thing the federal government will come with their machineries for war. So if they want to go, do it peacefully. When they leave, they shoukd seek for visas to come into Nigeria. Anyone who wants to live in Nigeria will be there as a foreigner..

The thing is no one owns any where in Nigeria. Every where belongs to everyone. That’s why it’s Nigeria. Just the same way someone from Texas can do anyhow in Miami. They all own America. And not one tribe

Today, I now know whixh people have more hatred in their heart. I use to think the igbos have so much hatred for other tribes but today I know better r. Hence forth I’ll watch my steps.

29. Peaches77

June 8, 2017 at 3:05 pm

I am just lost for words. If you take a count here, you’ll see that majority of the commentators here are Christians and southerners. What does this say about us as a people, or are we?

• missnk

June 9, 2017 at 12:30 am

what are you even on about?

30. chichi

June 12, 2017 at 3:52 pm

the igbos are not the only tribe in other places outside their own place. If the igbos are been forced to leave the north, for me there is problems because that place is only a world of vampires, but the so-called hausas in other areas should also be warming up to leave where ever they are and go back to their blood sucking world.

31. urhobo stand gidigba for nigeris

June 13, 2017 at 4:37 pm

the issue of Biafra will be a second war between south east and south south. I am an Urhobo man we are not Biafra and we will kill and destroy anything that will make us go to Biafra. Igbo shud go so that Nigeria will have peace if they cannot play politics in Nigeria the shud look for whom they will enslave.when time come Igbo MSN will know that they called Igbo sense is a foolish thing in Nigeria.the moment they leave north, we are going to drive them from delta state so that it will be easy for them.

32. urhobo stand gidigba for nigeris

June 13, 2017 at 4:45 pm

the only people that enjoy Nigeria most is the Igbo.ask those igbos how many other tribe they can see in Nigeria, but in every part of Nigeria Igbo are everywhere. they shud leave Nigeria so that we will know who will suffer. thanks to the areas yuoths you have makes us true Nigeria pride. Igbo will always say that if they leave Nigeria that Nigeria will collapse. pls Igbo leave Nigeria you people are ingrate. I want to say thanks to the areas youths for a good job.if the police shud arrest anyone of you we will go for national protest. Igbo must go.