Music

Major! Nathaniel Bassey talks to CNN about #HallelujahChallenge

BellaNaija.com

House on the Rock

Nathaniel Bassey

Gospel musician Nathaniel Bassey was featured on CNN Thursday on the trending #HallelujahChallenge movement which he initiated.

The #HallelujahChallenge is a 30-day midnight one hour praise, worship and prayer livestream session which started on Instagram Live June 1st.

“I had a sense which is the leading of the spirit to praise God the whole of this month,” he told CNN.
“Against the backdrop of the challenges in the world today especially in our nation, with the scourge of terrorism and the recession … it has brought a sense of hope and respite. It is a reflection of the desire and hunger for answers and for hope,” he said.
The movement has peaked at over 70,000 participants from around the world (Instagram alone) including celebrities like Don Jazzy, D’Banj, Funke Akindele Bello, and Patoranking.

1. Kbear

June 15, 2017 at 5:09 pm

And instead of some people focusing on why they joined the challenge in the first place, they are busy monitoring other people comments and heartfelt prayers. Kontinu.

• Babe

June 15, 2017 at 5:39 pm

How about ignoring such people instead of giving them an audience. Focus on why you are there.

• ejiro

June 15, 2017 at 6:08 pm

God bless u for this. So true. I have to tap my screen so the comments disappear and i just focus on God,

People really need to think through why they are doing this- its not even about receiving from God but about praising/worshiping him just for who he is.

I hope people learn to focus on God for the next remaining days and not ‘who joins the platform’ if not they miss the point and might as well go to bed.

2. ivan

June 15, 2017 at 5:51 pm

Lots of lessons from this…
    We can have a church without walls or denominations when God is the centre.
    True worship is not about the equipment but the hearts and mind involved.

3. Jenny

June 15, 2017 at 6:15 pm

Last night was the first time I participated! I had been seeing the hash tag but did not understand what it was. Looking forward to tonight

4. Kbear

June 15, 2017 at 6:24 pm

@ Babe…offcourse. Who has time to focus on such people. I only mentioned that because of some posts i came across on Social Media today mocking some celebrities who are participating.

5. Anne

June 15, 2017 at 6:40 pm

Praise the Lord.

6. Kbear

June 15, 2017 at 6:51 pm

@ Ejiro, exactly! May God help us all.

7. Pamela

June 15, 2017 at 8:39 pm

I was really excited when he made the alter call last night (or the night before) . The prayer of a sinner is an abomination to God. We must remember that unless God has your heart first, everything else you offer is totally unacceptable :Prayer, praise or service. A Personal relationship with God is paramount. God bless Nathaniel for using the same social media that’s probably done more harm than good to bring us all together to worship God.

8. Justin Edema

June 15, 2017 at 9:10 pm

#Hallellujahchallenge..! The best experience in my entire life. It should not end.
    God bless Nath!

9. Deedee

June 15, 2017 at 9:51 pm

God is good… Something positive

10. Ottawa Queen

June 15, 2017 at 10:41 pm

I have greatly benefited from this movement. I’m so happy for answered prayers from God and I know he is yet to do more. Thank God for the inspiration and leading Nathaniel Baseey had.

11. Zainab W Halabi

June 16, 2017 at 12:04 am

Thank God for you.

12. IasktherightQuestion

June 16, 2017 at 1:00 am

Participated and i was looking forward to a miracle prior to my seeing the harsh tag.. i participated for two days and trust me people magic happened!.. miracles are unfolding and more are on their way! God bless Nath seriously!!! i dont mind giving an offering,,

13. Ekwu

June 16, 2017 at 1:44 am

I wonder when a Nigerian man would go viral on internet for a verifiable invention useful to mankind….and not for religion ……..just a thought

• Bee

June 16, 2017 at 2:37 am

If you have not been able to lay hold on any story yet.it can start with you too.

• Le coco

June 16, 2017 at 4:42 am

that is a dumb comment… U must not b a frequent internet use….

14. tunmi

June 16, 2017 at 4:07 am

BN, what happened to Joy Isi Bewaji’s post on this? Also the CNN article concluded with her words.

15. Ine

June 16, 2017 at 5:54 am

Please how does the the challange work. I want to join too

• Ruby

June 16, 2017 at 6:17 am

Hi,
      1. Have an instagram account.
      2. Follow @nathanielblow
      3. Set you alarm to 11:55 pm (WAT/GMT +1)
      4. Open your instagram using a good Internet connection and wait for @nathanielblow to go live.
      5. Join the live session.
      Remember, to stay in a conducive environment. Tap the screen to hide comments.

Best Regards.

• numom

June 16, 2017 at 9:50 am

You can also search for Nathaniel Bassey on facebook and watch it through facebook live

• will

June 16, 2017 at 6:40 pm

can live videos be viewed on instagram via blackberry 10 phones?

16. Aderonke

June 16, 2017 at 8:19 am

Internet connection has been poor, I don’t know if it’s on my own part or theirs. it’s really frustrating.

• Latifa

June 16, 2017 at 2:48 pm

Of the internet connection is bad then you can do it on your own. Start with thanking God, then praise read psalm 145,149,150, Acts 16: 25-26, in between praises. I hope this helps

17. will

June 16, 2017 at 6:42 pm

please how do i watch it live on facebook? i use a blackberry 10 device?

18. letty

June 16, 2017 at 9:47 pm

Please my dear Nigerians sign on for or the right reasons not as an opportunity to follow follow and to hashtag. Please dont turn this into a social experiment. Praise is the only way to God’s heart

19. Okafor Maureen

June 16, 2017 at 11:45 pm

Hallelujah challenge, one of the biggest Christian trend on social media. ????

20. Vera

June 21, 2017 at 7:52 pm

Pls how do i watch in on Facebook, i want to follow life