Music

“Looking all Christmas Gift wrapped” – Mr Eazi comes to Temi Otedola’s defense

BellaNaija.com

A few days ago, afropop star Mr Eazi and Temi Otedola revealed that they are actually in a relationship. It has become one of the hot topics on social media lately as a result. When Temi posted a photo of herself on Twitter today, a follower noticed her knuckles and seemed to insinuate that she bleached.

See her post and the follower’s reply below:

BellaNaija - "Looking all Christmas Gift wrapped" - Mr Eazi comes to Temi Otedola's defenseBellaNaija - "Looking all Christmas Gift wrapped" - Mr Eazi comes to Temi Otedola's defense

Mr Eazi however came to her defense insisting she is perfect just the way she is. Read his tweets below:

BellaNaija - "Looking all Christmas Gift wrapped" - Mr Eazi comes to Temi Otedola's defense BellaNaija - "Looking all Christmas Gift wrapped" - Mr Eazi comes to Temi Otedola's defense BellaNaija - "Looking all Christmas Gift wrapped" - Mr Eazi comes to Temi Otedola's defense

1. Sharon

June 13, 2017 at 5:40 pm

Seriously they dont look good.

• iffiii

June 14, 2017 at 8:28 am

that is why your opinion doesn’t count

2. Greya

June 13, 2017 at 5:50 pm

It doesn’t mean she’s bleaching. Why must people have something to say about another persons body parts. Is it your knuckle? I’m quite dark and I’ve had dark knuckles for a while, my skin is very dry, it does not mean I’m bleaching. Aren’t there enough issues in Nigeria?

• Seriously

June 13, 2017 at 6:04 pm

You can tell the difference when it’s natural discoloration but those fingers are result of bleaching/lightening.
      Men say whatever when they want *p***y.
      Mr Eazi is trying to win into her dad for connection too.

• Fact

June 13, 2017 at 7:21 pm

People are just obsessed with the wrong things. Can any of you create a human being?

First of all, bear in mind that she’s mixed. Her mom is biracial. And she’s not that fair. She can afford to be fairer if she wanted to be.

Yes people can and do have dark knuckles without bleaching. There is nothing wrong with her. She’s a beautiful girl. Stop the habit of fixating on superficial things. It takes away from your person.

• Corolla

June 14, 2017 at 3:06 am

@seriously how can you tell the difference? Are you a dermatologist? Some of you stay petty and stupid. Tons of people have darker knuckles and knees. Give it a rest already and stop displaying your stupidity to the world.

3. Z

June 13, 2017 at 6:02 pm

Is it ya knuckles? ?

4. Diamond

June 13, 2017 at 6:09 pm

She is mixing creams.
    I used to mix funbact A into my cream, a male friend pointed out my knuckles were dark. So I stopped. Now my skin is even.

• Berry

June 13, 2017 at 9:23 pm

We are taking about rich people and this one is talking about using 200naira funbact A. Common Gerarehia for real sh*t mehn…..

• Diamond

June 14, 2017 at 12:20 am

You are extremely foolish. Stupid money worshipper like you

• survivor

June 14, 2017 at 2:28 am

Were ni e sha @ berry

• Corolla

June 14, 2017 at 3:09 am

Because you “mixed cream” she too is mixing, abi?

Abeg God, in this 2nd half of the year, help people be sensible and analytical when making comments. Gosh! I am so tired of the educated illiterates on this blog.

• Diamond

June 14, 2017 at 4:54 pm

With all your education and analytical sense, you can’t see her knuckles are terrible. Yes, she is mixing creams. And those are the bad result.

5. Enny Heart Heart

June 13, 2017 at 6:30 pm

If i had a rich girlfriend too, I’d tweet to her defence ??

6. Remi

June 13, 2017 at 6:36 pm

shes bleaching joor

7. Randommer

June 13, 2017 at 6:38 pm

Well I’m dark skin, I don’t bleach and my knuckles look like that in most pictures. In real life, they look fine.

8. Anon

June 13, 2017 at 6:46 pm

This babe has always been this skin tone, her mum is light skinned. We have really dark knuckles in my family. My sister is dark and her knuckles are even darker, I’m light skinned and my knuckles are really dark. Because I didn’t want people to start suspecting me I started rubbing lemon juice on them and my knuckles got lighter to match my body. To show you how I’m too broke to even afford lightening cream. I’m sure if Temi wanted to lighten she would use more effective products, afterall bleach can’t be as expensive as all that Valentino blahblah she wears

• Ajiun

June 13, 2017 at 7:07 pm

You probably have dry skin or skin damage. If you put your hands in water a lot, especially hot water then you will have dark knuckles and your hands can even be darker than the rest of your arms. I have noticed that a lot of Nigerians don’t have any skin care education. So they just go about accusing people of bleaching. Like it is their business.

They don’t even know dark skin people have skin discolouration, sunburn and etc from environmental exposure. They are always shouting black don’t crack everywhere. Africans need to invest in sunscreen, good hand lotion, face lotion and etc.

BTW, try almond oil as hand lotion. Or any hand lotion with almond oil will help. For some people Shea butter works. Honey, sugar and lemon scrub to remove dead skin build up is also nice. You can omit the lemon and use sweet almond or coconut oil.

Some people don’t even realise that for some, they struggle thrice harder to maintain and keep an even toned skin; elbows, knees, feet, knuckles, neck and even all lower body. Genetic ish. That’s why I wonder why some people want to bleach themselves. Because for fair people, their skin tone is high maintenance. It requires a lot of care and attention because everything is easily noticed.

9. tgirl

June 13, 2017 at 6:57 pm

you people think you are sleek abi. you deleted the extended version of the ay saga…

• Anon

June 13, 2017 at 7:07 pm

Maybe they didn’t take permission from SDK. Even some comments from the first one were removed. No balls!

• June

June 14, 2017 at 12:58 am

See me looking everywhere for this article!! BN ! Go hard or go home?

10. See

June 13, 2017 at 7:10 pm

My knuckles are just like hers and my toes are dark as well.I use either baby oil or jergens lotion. I was never bothered until I started seeing comments from knuckle police online.

• king Bey

June 14, 2017 at 9:26 am

Sister shut up you are bleaching….I am light skinned and I don’t have dark knuckles on my fingers or spot on my skin….all this bleached skin girls should remain silent….

• Corolla

June 14, 2017 at 12:12 pm

@king Bey, take your jakande primary school mentality elsewhere. Arguing like a bloody illiterate.

• Bleed Blue

June 14, 2017 at 1:29 pm

@king Bey, you do realize that we’re all different right?
      Not everyone’s teeth look the same even when their dental routine is exactly same.
      Not everyone’s hair texture is the same even when hair products used are exactly same for exactly same length of time.
      Etc…

I’ve said this before, my son has really dark knuckles and I sometimes wonder how the world (or people in king Bey’s world) will try to demean him for the knuckles he was born with.
      Sigh……

11. Chioma

June 13, 2017 at 7:18 pm

Same here! i have dark knuckles and i am light skin.. never bleached a day in my life!

12. AAA

June 13, 2017 at 7:25 pm

Her mum is mixed and she is naturally light she actually doesn’t look bleached. I am sure she just has dark knuckles

13. molarah

June 13, 2017 at 8:29 pm

So there’s an official knuckle police gang, eh?

Can people stop sounding ignorant? There are several people, even dark-skinned folks, that have darker knuckles. If you don’t know any naturally fair-skinned people, that does not mean all fair-skinned people are bleaching. It’s even the knuckle coloration pressure that pushes people to bleach their skins, so congrats on encouraging the very habit you are trying to shame!

14. Mz IB

June 13, 2017 at 8:54 pm

Nobody even mentioned the way Mr eazi typed,it ached my head

15. Stephen

June 13, 2017 at 11:15 pm

She’s not bleaching she’s whitening

16. Mahka

June 14, 2017 at 12:12 am

His compliements are weird, yesterday is ‘ my fan’; today is ‘ Christmas gift’ hian.

17. Halima

June 14, 2017 at 1:26 am

Some people should just stfu about this knuckle thing. My niece is just 4 and I can categorically say her hands and feet are lighter than other parts of her body with dark knuckles. Let’s say her knuckles is the same shade with other parts of her body except her feet she’s been like that since she was born. Her body still amazes me, her mum is super worried about people thinking she’s bleaching her skin. Some people’s body are like that so people should leave temi alone. Most people have darker knuckles, elbow and knees.

18. Truth-be-told

June 14, 2017 at 8:13 am

If the girl has no self esteem now, some comments from knuckle watchers will force her to bleach or lighten her skin so she is free from all the talk. THEN, they will have more to talk about. There’s no pleasing human beings though. She is beautiful just the way she is. I believe there are more pressing issues than tone/discolouration of a person’s skin.

19. iffiii

June 14, 2017 at 8:31 am

leave and let live. Her knuckles are dark, what is it to you? omg of all the things to be talking about.

20. Abominable snow girl

June 14, 2017 at 11:38 am

Poor knuckles ?….

21. Josephine

June 14, 2017 at 2:08 pm

I’ve noticed that ladies who bleach deliberately hide their knuckles. She displayed her own so I do think she just has uneven skin tone on her hands. She’s not self-conscious so there’s no guilty conscience. I think…

22. Mrs

July 28, 2017 at 12:16 pm

dark knuckles are not from bleaching but caused by high Insulin levels. It is more evident on lighter people because of the contrast to the rest of their skin. I should know, I am mulatto but my knuckles are darker than hers sometimes.

Your knuckles will become lighter, If you can give up drinking soda – coke, sprite, pepsi etc -, fruit juices and all forms of alcohol (80 proof is still sugar no matter how bad it actually tastes). She is not bleaching, she does not need to.