Sweet Spot

This Viral Post About a Husband’s Love for his Wife’s Body will Make you Smile

BellaNaija.com

An Instagram user’s (@a_body_positive_jazzy) inspiring post about having a different body type than her husband’s has gone viral.

She shared this following post on her wall which has gathered more that 54,000 likes and almost 2,000 comments.

How could he love something that isn’t “perfect”? How could a man who was “born fit” love someone like me! I don’t have a flat stomach, I jiggle when I walk, hell if I run up the stairs too fast my body claps (lmao)!! But now I see I do have the “perfect” body!! Every roll, every curve and every stretch mark is put on me just perfect to make both of us happy!!! I love my body and I finally see why he does too!!

Over the years this man has loved every curve, every roll, and every stretch mark on my body. I never understood why! • How could he love something that isn’t “perfect”? How could a man who was “born fit” love someone like me! I don’t have a flat stomach, I jiggle when I walk, hell if I run up the stairs to fast my body claps (lmao)!! But now I see I do have the “perfect” body!! Every roll, every curve and every stretch mark is put on me just perfect to make both of us happy!!! I love my body and I finally see why he does too!! • • Photo credit: @ryanwmedia • • • #effyourbeautystandards #effyourbodystandards #everyoneisbeautiful #tummylove #youarebeautiful #aspiringmodel #aspiringplussizemodel #celebratemysize #curvysensedoll #confidence #lovemybody #lovemybelly #loveyourbody #selflove #summerbody #bikini #bikinibody #bodylove #bodypositive #bodypositivity #womenofallsizes #support #love #positive #plussize #positivity #plussizegang #positivevibes #youarebeautiful

A post shared by Jazzy (@a_body_positive_jazzy) on

Apart from being positive about her looks, Jazzy also makes sure she takes care of her body and live healthy.

To all the haters out there that have been talking about me as if I’m just fat, unhealthy, and not doing nothing about it! Even though I owe you NO type of explanation! I wanted to share with y’all proof that I do go to they gym and I am very healthy!!! • • Now to the men and women that are body positive along side of me, just because we love our bodies doesn’t mean we can’t take care of our bodies! Loving yourself does not mean that you just let yourself go. When you love yourself truly you want to take care of your body. Good eating habits and exercise are key to staying healthy and hey if that results in weight loss that’s ok and if it doesn’t that’s ok too. It’s not about being skinny or being fat it’s about being healthy. • Love yourself and stay healthy! • • • #beautiful #bodylove #nostereotypes #nonegativity #iamblessed #aspiringmodel #allshapesandsizes #aspiringplussizemodel #selflove #stophiding #summerbody #nonegativity #nofilter #nostereotypes #positive #plussize #positivity #plussizegang #positivevibes #bodypositive #bodypositivity #bodylove #youarebeautiful #celebratemysize #confidence #effyourbeautystandards #effyourbodystandards #everyoneisbeautiful

A post shared by Jazzy (@a_body_positive_jazzy) on

Photo Credit: Instagram – @a_body_positive_jazzy | @ryanwmedia

1. Deleke

June 6, 2017 at 10:17 am

tell them girl

2. jumbo

June 6, 2017 at 10:21 am

I reserve my comment

• keke driver

June 6, 2017 at 10:27 am

No one asked for it in the first place.

3. keke driver

June 6, 2017 at 10:27 am

No one asked for it in the first place.

4. Kelechi

June 6, 2017 at 10:30 am

Can we stop encouraging obesity.

• keke driver

June 6, 2017 at 10:35 am

To all the haters out there (AKA KELECHI) that have been talking about me as if I’m just fat, unhealthy, and not doing nothing about it! Even though I owe you NO type of explanation! I wanted to share with y’all proof that I do go to they gym and I am very healthy!!!

• MissyJ

June 6, 2017 at 10:45 am

And how has obesity been encouraged here? The lady goes to the gum, what else do you want her to do? Scrape the fat off her body and die in the process like Stella Obasanjo? Will that make you happy? So you’d rather she says she hates herself and slip into depression? Abeg swerve. And no, I’m no obese, I’m a size 6.

• le coco

June 6, 2017 at 10:54 am

shut up…. Is thé woman nor working our.. mtchew

• Bad gang

June 6, 2017 at 11:06 am

Do you know what obesity is?

• Kay

June 6, 2017 at 3:47 pm

how is she encouraging obesity? nd she doesn’t look obese in the first place. if u aren’t attracted to fuller woman abeg waka pass! nd don’t body shame anyone.

• Deba

June 6, 2017 at 9:55 pm

No one is encouraging obesity not everyone wants to be slim would u like if u were told u are as thin as a broom stick

• Lookout

June 7, 2017 at 12:28 am

Can you stop committing so we can stop stupidity.

• Bee

June 7, 2017 at 6:56 am

Oh shut up… Parkers. So fat people shouldn’t express themselves because you ( miss slim and fab feels it encourages obesity). Please banish yourself to a place where the sun don’t shine… shioorr

5. Adebiyi

June 6, 2017 at 10:59 am

Hey babe, i must confess to you that is not your body ur hubby like about u but ur good attitude towards him drive him crazy the more about u. Please i beg of u whatever u’re doing that is making him to love u don’t stop it. Men naturally see character as d beauty of their wives after wedding and that the motivation of men to stick to their wife. Once the lady is of no good character, no matter how beautiful or flat tommy she may be the man’s love will be shaking. For me ur physical appearance is the best, i can tell u that i also like ur body cos i dnt get attracted slim ladies. Please dear keep dat man to urself with ur good character cos that’s ur real beauty he’s looking at. God bless ur marriage…

• no one

June 6, 2017 at 12:56 pm

Lol like this actually works…u get introduced to a guy through a friend and y’all start exchanging calls with the feeling of connection then u finally meet and d guy never calls again…body matters too…its a pity tho that I have a medical condition that prevents me from losing weight…I’ve finally given up and accepted my fate..I’ll just stay at the background and applaud all d big sisters repping and finding happiness. But for me…its all fairytale

• Eni

June 6, 2017 at 1:18 pm

Why are you contradicting yourself? What if the husband is also into ‘fat’ women like you?

• californiabawlar

June 6, 2017 at 4:56 pm

@no one: Don’t let things like that get you down on yourself! You can keep working out to stay healthy in some way. The weight might not shift but it’ll boost your self-confidence greatly.
      And about the guy that never came back after meeting up. Don’t read too much meaning into things! It happened to me a few years back too. I had amazing connection with this guy… everything was on point! Then he came to visit me at home and I could tell something was off. As expected he barely even called after the meet up. It pained me ehn! I thought it was the fact that I had braces and I was undergoing skin treatment that made me look like an hyena (in my opinion). Anyways, I sha picked myself up and the thing pained me well well.

• californiabawlar

June 6, 2017 at 5:08 pm

**BN please let me finish my story na** lol

There was no convincing me otherwise. The reason he bailed was so glaring! But guess what? 3 months after the date I saw this guy’s wedding pictures on Facebook. I check with his brother’s friend that introduced us. Apparently, he actually really liked me but had gotten some random girl pregnant and he found out a day before our date. We had already set a time and he didn’t want to cancel. That’s why he was off’ish! His parents sha ‘forced’ him to marry the babe since he was already being pressured to find a wife. His brother had introduced us because they thought he was changing from the good boy he used to be and was spending all his money on small small girls (Lagos boy syndrome).
      I saw him two years later at my sister’s wedding and he apologized. I genuinely hope he is happy cos the guy just seemed one kain, he wouldn’t even acknowledge his wife properly. Anyways, hope you were entertained/encouraged by my little story. Things are not always as they seem. Cheer up!

6. LemmeRant

June 6, 2017 at 12:01 pm

Lol. I can’t even laugh.

Women just like to deceive themselves sha.

7. Tochi

June 6, 2017 at 12:09 pm

Youths ! Move off from social media a bit, become more lucrative. Applicants! Turn around your status and become self employed or atleast be more attractive to a prospective employer. Learn the world’s most spoken and lucrative language (Mandarin Chinese) today. It changed my status and employment history, P H city 08181798900

8. John

June 6, 2017 at 12:59 pm

And when I say women and fish brains are like 5 and 6 , they say I am sexist ..just imagine the height of illusion and delusions..choi..just look at reasoning and the support she ia getting from probably equally obese women like her

• Eni

June 6, 2017 at 1:20 pm

Not everyone can be slim, abeg. Let’s stop putting pressure on women to be slim. What matters is being healthy. This is coming from a size 6 mother of one.

• Kay

June 6, 2017 at 3:50 pm

did u have to use the fish analogy for women? anyway… afterall u men act like dogs

• Deba

June 6, 2017 at 9:40 pm

Look at ur self in the mirror before u comment on others people should appreciate them selves no matter what size shape they come in. If u think u are perfect and appreciate ur self u won’t write the trash u wrote

9. Marian

June 6, 2017 at 1:21 pm

Not everyone will agree but i think it’s possible to be overweight and healthy. I had a patient once who challenged me on this and after the pt’s comprehensive workup pt gave me the i told you look.
    Before the workup and assessment I was already giving my standard lifestyle modification lecture and pt had this mischevious smile the whole time that didn’t make sense till I was done. Pt was a nonsmoker, very light drinker and mostly on special occasion, did cardio,lipid panel was perfect, bp normal, hba1c very low, not on any meds and was very compliant with yearly physical.

10. ijs

June 6, 2017 at 2:17 pm

The number of attractive men that like fat women are verrrry few. This woman is extremely lucky. You will be doing yourself a great disservice if you are single and fat and can do something about it but don’t because “someone will accept me the way I am”. Looks is the No1 thing men look at before deciding to date you and a wife’s beauty is a honor to her husband, Even biblical men Abraham, Jacob, Samson, Solomon were drawn to beauty so don’t be delusional..
    P.S Looking good and having a good character are not mutually exclusive.

• Deba

June 6, 2017 at 9:48 pm

Have u gone round to assume that the number of attractive men that like fat women are few if u do u would be surprised a lot of attractive men actually like fat women

11. jide

June 6, 2017 at 3:26 pm

I find this insulting to the woman. This is a back hand diss to her looks. It’s like someone looking at your wedding pictures saying “it’s got to be true love for a guy to marry you” errrrr meaning else he wouldn’t have married you cos you are ugly?

12. Jjc

June 6, 2017 at 4:18 pm

What of men that are attracted to big women?lets not try to deceive ourselves whether u are big…slim …short etc if u are married to a man that is a serial cheat! Forget it..he will still cheat. Haven’t u seen beautiful women with great figure but their husbands still cheat?being big or small doesn’t guarantee if u are healthy or not. We all need to exercise n watch what we eat fullstop! I don’t think d lady was even focusing on only her fat,she was talking about her husband appreciating her body with all d flabs,stretch marks,fallen boobs etc everything we women go thru after child birth.sadly,we live in a world where surgery is d new form of healthy.a woman like KIM wit all d surgeries in d world will post a picture and Pple will not preach obesity to her.dont get me wrong,I am not saying Kim doesn’t work out but what I am saying is that most of all these celebs,vixens we see in d magazines and look up to,how many hve we questioned there health status? All because of their looks n d fact that they hve been under d knife they are automatically healthy n fit!!! Bottom line,a good physique doesn’t guarantee u are FIT!if u want to stay fit, do it for yourself ,it actually pays especially when u are older.if u do it for a man and he ends up cheating,well don’t go n commit sucide o!What of men that are attracted to big women?lets not try to deceive ourselves whether u are big…slim …short etc if u are married to a man that is a serial cheat! Forget it..he will still cheat. Haven’t u seen beautiful women with great figure but their husbands still cheat?being big or small doesn’t guarantee if u are healthy or not. We all need to exercise n watch what we eat fullstop! I don’t think d lady was even focusing on only her fat,she was talking about her husband appreciating her body with all d flabs,stretch marks,fallen boobs etc everything we women go thru after child birth.sadly,we live in a world where surgery is d new form of healthy.a woman like KIM wit all d surgeries in d world will post a picture and Pple will not preach obesity to her.dont get me wrong,I am not saying Kim doesn’t work out but what I am saying is that most of all these celebs,vixens we see in d magazines and look up to,how many hve we questioned there health status? All because of their looks n d fact that they hve been under d knife they are automatically healthy n fit!!! Bottom line,a good physique doesn’t guarantee u are FIT!if u want to stay fit, do it for yourself ,it actually pays especially when u are older.if u do it for a man and he ends up cheating,well don’t go n commit sucide o!

13. californiabawlar

June 6, 2017 at 4:45 pm

My own is I don’t think I can ever be ‘grateful’ to someone for loving me! When it’s not God. Hian! Biko irrespective of how you look, you deserve to be loved by someone. If the person happens to be better looking than you, trust me, you are making up for it in some way or the other… you’d even be surprised that you even score higher sef!

14. Me

June 6, 2017 at 6:43 pm

Of course her husband is black

15. tunmi

June 6, 2017 at 11:42 pm

It was that part that rubbed me one kin. Like Madam…. Grateful? I get it tho but damn

16. C

June 7, 2017 at 3:32 am

I know we live in a very superficial world but true beauty lies within you see it from how sm1 treats others. And sexual arousal comes from tits and ass seems like she has it covered she’s a figure 8 doesn’t look fat to me and she seems nice. Coming from a skinny chick trying get some curves cause all her ex keep leaving her and next ones are always bad beautiful thick babes 🙂 They don’t even let me feel like I’m winning at all :/ ugh exs with hot body and good taste suck

17. Keeping it real

June 7, 2017 at 5:38 am

Me I want to be light and healthy, not panting after walking up the stairs. I want to play my part to live as healthy and long as possible. Just like a 7 yr old matures quickly these days cos of quality of food and their body starts developing too quickly, so does the body wear out when it is overfed. Diabetes is real, High Blood pressure is real, high blood sugar, breathing problems etc. When you are younger, you get away with a lot, just cross 35, the game changes sharp sharp. Your body starts to yell with different symptoms.
    Better to be doing something daily to live long than to make your life and health about whether your man likes you overweight or not. If you die from complications of being overweight, highest a few months and he will move on fast fast.
    Enjoy the love but plan to stay alive.
    Visit your doctor for check up and you will be shocked at the changes you need to make to ensure you don’t go back to the doc a few years down the line for joint and back pain etc…. Hmmmm. Wisdom is profitable to direct…
    Some have died out of ignorance…not because it was their time…
    Let’s wise up people…