Music

Linkin Park’s Chester Bennington Reportedly Commits Suicide

BellaNaija.com

Linkin Park's Chester Bennington Reportedly Commits Suicide

Chester Bennington

Chester Bennington, lead singer of American rock band Linkin Park has died aged 41.

TMZ reports the singer hanged himself at a private residence in Palos Verdes Estates in L.A. County, adding that his body was discovered Thursday just before 9 AM.

The singer is survived by his wife, Talinda Ann Bentley, and six children.

Chester was seen smiling in the studio with his band mates and producer Watsky just days before his death.

Condolences.

Photo Credit: Michael Loccisano/Getty Images

1. Anon

July 20, 2017 at 8:53 pm

Unbelievable…

2. Bennie

July 20, 2017 at 9:00 pm

Am in shock!!!!

3. @BlaqKhaleesi

July 20, 2017 at 9:14 pm

“Leave out all the rest” ought to be the most depressing song right this moment
    it must have been bad to get to suicide …RIP Chester and thank you for #Castle of Glass

• E-O

July 21, 2017 at 2:21 am

Shadow of the Day more like. I’m so sad right now.

• BlueEyed

July 21, 2017 at 3:50 am

These songs just capture the moment but “Leave out all the rest” feels more depressing to listen to right now. RIP CHESTER BENNINGTON…..you defined the infusion of rock and pop and other genres and inspired so many other artists. You will be missed

4. king bey

July 21, 2017 at 7:51 am

I don’t know what you were going through or what you went through but you shouldn’t have taken your beautiful life…we all have our moments sad and good times and you should have gone to God or see a shrink maybe,just maybe that would have helped you out of what you were going through….I am sad right now,grabs tissue…

• Josephine

July 21, 2017 at 9:16 am

@ King Bey I know someone who sees a shrink every week and takes anti-depressants and still wants to commit suicide. Its such a terrible disease..

RIP Chester.

5. Peaches77

July 21, 2017 at 9:41 am

So so so sad. Rest in peace Chester. You will be thoroughly missed. So so sad and shocking. Depression, Mental Illness, Child Abuse… A complicated world.

6. Ariere

July 21, 2017 at 10:01 am

“I tried so hard and got so far
    But in the end, it doesn’t even matter
    I had to fall to lose it all
    But in the end, it doesn’t even matter’

This time, the end really does matter
    Wish you were here Chester Bennington….

7. oloye1

July 21, 2017 at 10:03 am

what the hell did you do that chester…..Rest in peace bro….

8. PLEASE

July 21, 2017 at 10:06 am

Please I need help. I need someone to talk to. To pour my heart to. Thank you.

• Info

July 21, 2017 at 12:55 pm

What is your email address?

• Beebee

July 22, 2017 at 12:30 am

Hi, you can email me at [email protected]

• Bluey

July 23, 2017 at 7:03 pm

Hey, you can reach me. [email protected]. I am ready to listen to you.

9. Muse

July 21, 2017 at 10:13 am

RIP Chester, ?? The good pillars of heavy rock are almost gone.

His death reminded me of Kurt and Chris Cornell. This is extremely sad!

10. Muse

July 21, 2017 at 10:16 am

RIP Chester, the pillars of heavy rock are almost gone.

His death reminded me of Kurt and Chris Cornell. This is very sad and depressing!

11. El

July 21, 2017 at 11:47 am

“When my time comes forget the wrong that I’ve done, help me leave behind some reasons to be missed. And don’t resent me, and when you’re feeling empty, keep me in your memory & leave out all the rest. Leave out all the rest” Chester Bennington

12. Moniker

July 21, 2017 at 12:05 pm

Am I the only one that is just hearing about him and his music? After encore, I dunno what other tracks or album they released.That sad.
    life has been too rosy for him, that’d the reason killing himself is the best way out. I am sorry but I don’t feel bad he killed himself. If it was possible, he should have exchanged his life with that of Bradley Lowery.

• Anon

July 21, 2017 at 12:36 pm

Encore is Jay Z’s song. His/theirs (Linkin Park) is Numb and the collaboration is Numb/Encore. “In the End” is even more popular than the standalone song Numb and the collabo Numb/Encore. They were churning out hit songs every time their albums dropped. They just toured Europe and it was heavy. Stormzy came on to sing with them in London at the start of the month.

Their latest album One More Light topped the Billboard charts when t dropped in May. Listening to all the songs on that album tells a story of all the struggling. Very sad. The first one is Nobody Can Save Me.

Mike Shinoda is the most popular of the lot but ChesterBe had the voice and was the front man. They were doing their own thing in the rock world. Their fans know them and know their songs 🙂

Life was never rosy for him and he always spoke about his struggles. Forget the money and the fame. Depression has no boundaries. These things are hard to explain.

• Anon

July 21, 2017 at 12:36 pm

when it dropped in May.*

• Marigold

July 21, 2017 at 1:40 pm

His parents got divorced when he was really young, he had a history of drugs and sexual abuse as a child. He had a rough time growing up.

13. jinkelele

July 21, 2017 at 12:23 pm

Shouldn’t it be ‘hung’ ? BN….sigh.
    It’s a pity that some of the most talented ppl are plagued with depression. Their songs speak their pain.

• Anon

July 21, 2017 at 12:50 pm

Hanged – death by hanging.
      Hung – hung a picture, hung my clothes, I hung out with my friends.

BN is correct this time. 🙂

14. PLEASE

July 21, 2017 at 7:11 pm

15. Seriously

July 21, 2017 at 7:59 pm

Suicide is a demonic act. Satan is on a mission, don’t succumb to him. He’s destructive. Surrender to Christ. It’s easier said than done but allow Christ in.
    A close friend of mine recently revealed that his dad took his own life. He was a well known medical doctor in his community, one of the most jovial, charismatic and caring man you will ever meet. Very handsome. His patients speak highly of him. I’m still trying to wrap my head around it.
    This family are well respected in their city and the nigerian community. My friend followed his parent’s footstep, both parent are medical doctors and he’s currently doing his residency. It’s been a secret about the cause of his dad’s death since suicide is not freely talked about among Nigerians.
    I’ve been numb since he told me. I can’t help but think what will cause a successful, well loved doctor with beautiful, ambitious, intelligent wife and children to take his own life? This family looks perfect from outside and has been used as an example to others. Sigh

16. Honey

July 22, 2017 at 9:09 pm

The demon that drive some all this oyibo celebrities to commit suicide is in rampage, what do you expect, many of them are into yoga, where they ve demonic guidance, the music they sing too. I don’t see any RIP here, we both know where this Man is, my pain is that it is eternity, heaven and hell is real people, make a wise choice.

• Diamond

July 23, 2017 at 10:33 am

Your comment is insensitive and stupid at the same time.

I am Nigerian. I suffered depression for many years over the loss of my mother. By the grace of God I got out of it. Though, I miss and still think about her every day. Then I suffered another for over a year because of a failed relationship. I only recently got out of it too. And yes, I still think about him.
      During these dark times, I felt hopeless, and almost took my life. I slept more and more, hoping never to wake up. I preferred dark room, I always kept the curtain blind closed. I was always sick. Lost so much weight. Was diagnosed with ulcer