Music

“Nigeria will remain the same if we the so called millennials sit back and make memes all day” – Mo’Cheddah

Mo’Cheddah

Rapper and fashion entrepreneur Mo’Cheddah has a message for the Nigerian millennial.

Shared shared a photo which has the Nigerian flag as background and the following hashtags “#IHaveAVoice #NigeriaWillBeGreat #IBelieveInNigeria #LeaderOfTomorrow” and wrote:

Let’s stop being hypocritical, we live in SAD times, with bad leaders and uninterested youths, what have you done for your country? Do you clean the outside of your gates on Thursdays as the Lagos state government suggests? You live in million Naira homes driving million Naira cars and you can not make drainage in your Own estate? You are waiting on “the GOVERNMENT “(COUGH) LOL… Yes I will laugh! Because that is all I can do!! I’m tired of crying for this country ! I’m tired of getting my heart broken by her over and over!! When we are told to gather and use our voices we don’t.majority of the people that do go for this awareness walks are either doing it for their own selfish interest or going for the music (please we need to stop with the concerts). When they invited you to go for TOP 100 Nigerian youths , pls what did you talk about??? You stood there, drank champagne and took pictures for us to see ..

So please move along!!! Stop twitting and Instagraming and do something!!!! Those that are quick to say it’s not funny will jump at any opportunity given by the government to come appear or perform, they will gladly smile and take pictures??? When was the last time you had a serious conversation about OUR COUNTRY with someone in power??? But no you pose for a selfie and come cry wolf on Instagram. Why can’t we let a new Nigeria trend!! When TUface suddenly pulled out from going for a protest we sat back and said nothing!! When Audu Maikori was arrested we sat back and said nothing!!! We dint let that trend!! We didn’t use our voices we stayed mute!!! But if we need a MEME to trend it will!! WAKE UP NIGERIA!!! …. it will remain the SAME if WE the So called MILLENNIALS sit back and make memes all day!!!if you ask any youth of today who and who is having a twitter feud they will tell you, but I bet they don’t know who their local government chairman is.. our leaders just laugh at us because they know WE “tomorrows leaders” are not ready!!!

You have no right to complain.. do you pay taxes?As you lay your bed.. we cannot keep depending on oil revenue, we need a tax culture… the government needs to be decentralized, power has to come from the states. Power needs to be decentralized in order to empower the state. we need to grow from the bottom , the state should be contributing to the center not the other way round !! I love my country I can die for my country but I can’t do it alone!!! We all need to wake UP!! The power is in our OWN HANDS!!! WAKE UP! READ UP! GET INVOLVED #FIGHTFORNIGERIA #ISTANDWITHNIGERIA #SAVENIGERIA #IWILLDOSOMETHING

1. Anon

July 9, 2017 at 10:23 pm

You, Mocheddah, wrote all these. Haha haha. Make I laugh small. You know if your boyfriend isn’t a political prostitute (jumping from one party to another and following all the looters upandan), I for say maybe you don grow since 2011 (I think). Or wasn’t it you that was busy defending Dbanj upandan when he used one stupid concert to mislead his fans. And the concert ended up as a campaign for GEJ without the fans knowledge from the start. You Mocheddah was talking trash upandan about how okay it is for Dbanj to collect the money. Abi I don forget 2011 ni. I will like to believe you don grow and change. But then I remember your bf is still busy planning his own political moves with the same politicians you are telling Nigerians to stand up to. People who dey live 4 glass house no dey throw stones o. Your message is good but your delivery is not, you too dey sound too righteous right now. If your bf becomes a governor tomorrow, you go change your tune. ?

• Eniola

July 10, 2017 at 3:19 am

Omg I wish I could hug you. All you need to do is look on her boyfriends page to see your foolishness in her rants. Its not even worth acknowledging lolol. Maybe she is throwing shade at him too sha who knows ??

• abby

July 10, 2017 at 8:55 am

Shut up your smelly mouth and take the cold hard truth!

2. Stephen

July 9, 2017 at 10:24 pm

Do something for BIAFRA .NIGERIA IS DEAD

• funmilola

July 9, 2017 at 10:49 pm

OYO is your case!

3. Uju

July 9, 2017 at 10:31 pm

…but aunty mochedda what have you done or are you doing? Beyond writing long speeches? How about gathering your friends, start something, then your long speech will go further.

• Homa

July 9, 2017 at 10:55 pm

@Uju She is lending her voice. Why are you shutting her down? Unlike you there are others who will be inspired to act by her words. Since your words are not helpful to the situation, maybe you should keep it to yourself.

• Anonymous

July 9, 2017 at 10:58 pm

Help me ask her, even music she cannot produce again.

We practically provide all social amenities for ourselves and you’re talking nonsense

4. Girl Nextdoor

July 9, 2017 at 11:14 pm

@Homa,dont be so quick to [email protected] down,she has a point. Anyone can write all she said,and this isn’t her 1st time though. We are all used to posting thought provoking write ups,but ACTION is what is needed.

5. nene

July 9, 2017 at 11:23 pm

her boyfriend is always hanging around politicians, hoping to get an appointment.. maybe he told her to write this. sisi pls sit down somehwere.

• Anon

July 9, 2017 at 11:39 pm

I said this but BN won’t post my comment. Smh

6. Anon

July 9, 2017 at 11:45 pm

Dear BN, why moderate my first comment and not do same for the second comment. smh.

7. Ottawa Queen

July 10, 2017 at 12:06 am

When it comes to drainages on the streets and the major roads who’s responsible for that? The ordinary man who has no engineering skills can’t just wake up one day and construct drainages or gutters however u guys call it. Travel out and see what the government or city council does for the cities in developing the place. That’s what paid taxes are for. You can’t put that responsibility on the ordinary man.

8. Sul

July 10, 2017 at 12:21 am

I see your point mo, but biko leave our memes for us?, jst cz its f*&’ed up in here dnt mean we aint allowed to laff, some memes can actually make ur whole day in d midst of all d frustration ya know? ?

9. Patrick

July 10, 2017 at 1:03 am

I support Mo, Nigerians are not angry enough to do something about their future. It is easier to complain in silence and do nothing, while shutting down people who are trying to do or say something.
    Keep it up Mo!

10. nnenne

July 10, 2017 at 1:05 am

I pay my taxes, can the government put it in good use?

11. tunmi

July 10, 2017 at 2:06 am

Well… I see an opportunity for our celebs. Lead by example. Since they have the data and electricity to update snapchat and Instagram. Make it a hashtag stuff. As you’ve said, clean the outside of your gates on Thursdays as the Lagos state government suggests

12. Simi

July 10, 2017 at 3:35 am

This is a lame attempt to backtrack from her snapchat video

You goofed, missy. Apologize and move on

• dora the explorer

July 10, 2017 at 8:41 pm

give us the snapchat gist please

13. Astol

July 10, 2017 at 4:30 am

Everyone is intelligent…See even if the drainage systems were not clogged up…Lagos will still be flooded.

There is an Environmental Dept in Lagos/Nigeria…responsible for creating laws and standards for buildings, estates and more.

Its not pure water that blocked the drainage its poor drainage system. Now expecting Nnamdi who is a banker…to take care of drainage…is really funny because no be by manhole.

Pipes…holes and stuff like that are involved…so quit your self righteous crap.. help if you can and do you want a bunch of angry youths on the streets protesting,

You go dey house ooh… inside a.c they will come and kill them selves because “Mochedda diva mo’lenu said they shld take charge” GIRL ByE

14. Mia

July 10, 2017 at 5:26 am

So I should use my millions to pay for drainage while the government uses my taxes to do what Biko??? Aunty please leave our memes for us thanks.

15. Chinma Eke

July 10, 2017 at 12:02 pm

Someone needs to probe all this ‘entertainers’, do they pay tax? Because if they do and see the chunk Government takes off in PAYE they will not ask honest, tax paying folks to come and ‘clear the drainages on thursday morning’.

Hello! Where do they get off with all this sanctimonious BS?

16. No ID

July 10, 2017 at 12:22 pm

A right step to the right direction. The problem is most Nigerians are doing their things individually instead of collectively. And I wouldn’t blame them because many have lost faith in the authorities and that shouldn’t be the case. What the people need is someone with zeal, enthusiasm and determination to wake us all from our slumber. We need someone who will bell the cat! Thanks Mo

17. nkechi

July 10, 2017 at 1:01 pm

Nigerians know how to talk, all na wash.All we are saying is give us Biafra, yes it won’t be perfect but it will be better than The zoo system( filled with baboons and monkeys swinging up and down year to year with no focus).That am I very sure of

18. physio Tinu of PhysioCraft

July 10, 2017 at 6:02 pm

starting from today, I am going to find the local govt chairman of the area I reside in and where my buisiness is located. I am going to follow them on their social media handles and store their numbers on my phone if I can get it. Same for the senators. Na small small e dey start.