Career

Peace Hyde speaks on Overcoming Adversity, Empowerment & Career in Huffington Post Feature

BellaNaija.com

Peace Hyde featured on Huffington Post, discusses Career, Empowerment, and Overcoming Adversity

Forbes Africa correspondent Peace Hyde was recently featured on Huffington Post, where she discussed leaving the UK, overcoming adversities, and how she stays motivated.

Speaking to Huffington Post she said:

I came across a group of market girls known locally as kayayos, these were young girls from the ages of 12 to 15 who spent their days on the streets carrying heavy loads on their heads for less than $2 a day. They had no opportunities or access to education and witnessing their struggles made me feel a sense of injustice.

I had to do something. I would go out to the marketplace every week and pay these young girls their daily wages and in return, they would receive literacy, numeracy and science lessons from me. I felt that I was on this one woman crusade, not realising this goal was far bigger than me!

She talked about becoming a sought after media personality in Ghana after she landed a part in a panel on a live talk show in Ghana to fund her mission.

Peace Hyde also discussed her tragic accident during the flood that killed over 300 people in Ghana.

I woke up in the hospital to find out that my fall had resulted in my back being impaled by a car part and I had gotten trapped by some barbed wires when I fell in the flood. I had to have 2 blood transfusions and about 13 metal staples and 2 metal plates on my back.

The doctors recommended I stay off my feet for the next 3 months but 2 weeks after surgery, I was hosting my talk show against their wishes. Problems will always come our way, but how we choose to deal with them will determine God’s blessings for our lives.

She also discussed her woman empowerment show on Forbes “Against the Odds.”

You can read the feature HERE.

1. Sunshiney

July 13, 2017 at 5:54 pm

I like this girl, good article.

2. Vumi Bisola

July 13, 2017 at 6:10 pm

Peace is too sexy but be dishing out class, left, right and center. I pray she finds and settles with a good man, not someone who will undo all this hard work she put in. Men are the downfall of successful women in Africa’s entertainment industry see Tiwa, Toke, Mercy and Tonto. Need I say more! Issa damn shame.

• Mbe

July 13, 2017 at 7:41 pm

You are mad, and you have no one to tell you. Just take it like that.

3. issokay

July 13, 2017 at 6:43 pm

Lol! This really did confirm my worries about Peace. A “news journalist” is sending blogs info on a Huff Post story and even paying? I know this because Linda doesn’t post anything for free. Bella is nice like that, but Lindodo, mba. Peace is really atention hungry

• Brainstorm

July 13, 2017 at 8:49 pm

What if she’s sending blogs info? What if she’s paying blogs to SAY THE TRUTH ABOUT HER WORK? Is that not what PR is all about? You see how you’re displaying your absence of grey matter in the market square?

She’s in the media industry and her name has to be “everywhere” for her to succeed. Mtcheww

4. Jaymoney

July 13, 2017 at 7:48 pm

lol @ issokay, let the girl live. Go and pay for your own feature too and make noise, she is an inspirational young woman, atleast its not all gas like some other so called media people we all know. well done peace

5. ***

July 13, 2017 at 7:53 pm

I know we should love our bodies and be comfortable in them but peace hyde your body is to die for! I admire the work you do for not so privileged girls and the hardwork you put in your career… keep achieving successs and keep affecting lives positively… I love you… you are pretty, smart and your body is ♥♥♥ (vain me…lol)

6. Sibi

July 13, 2017 at 8:06 pm

Peace is winning! Enjoying her career and getting paid for it. You go girl! I ain’t mad at your hustle at all. We need more attention on these positive media women not everyday gist.

7. HABA

July 13, 2017 at 8:10 pm

Proud of this Ghana sista, it was a bit touch and go in the beginning but I am happy to see you finally showed the world just how amazing you are, so proud to call you my big sister.

8. Jade

July 13, 2017 at 9:25 pm

Did she lose weight? looking trimmer but always beautiful. Love it!