Music

Praise, Worship & Fellowship: #HallelujahFestival in Photos

BellaNaija.com

Nathaniel Bassey

#HallelujahFestival, an offshoot of #HallelujahChallenge, the viral midnight praise and worship session initiated by gospel musician Nathaniel Bassey held on Wednesday, June 28, 2017 at The Glitz Events Centre.

Thousands of worshippers gathered at the venue to participate in Festival, which started as an Instagram Live session between 12AM & 1AM (WAT) everyday in the month of June.

The #HallelujahChallenge grew from 4,000 viewers in its first week to more than 70,000 participants at its peak, attracting attention from the media both local and international.

The session sparked a frenzy on social media, successfully breaking religious and interdenominational divide, with several Nigerian celebrities participating in the session and sharing testimonies.

Speaking at the event, Nathaniel Bassey said the miracles and testimonies experienced during the challenge was just the beginning of greater things to come. He added that God is set to do mighty things upon the earth through the church.

Music ministers at the festival came from across the country to fellowship as they led worshippers to extol the majesty of God.

Artistes who performed at the event include Victoria Orenze, Chingtok Ishiaku, Olumide Iyun, Glowreeyah, Mairo Ese, and Kaestrings, who sang the viral song Ga Shi Nan.

See photos:

Sahara Group CEO, Tonye Cole

OAP Adenike Oyetunde

Glowreeyah

Mairo Ese

Praise,Worship & Fellowship: #HallelujahFestival in Photos

1. Moniker

July 2, 2017 at 3:58 pm

Fellowship without church.
    Wonderful.

2. Ephi

July 2, 2017 at 4:14 pm

I was initially skeptical about the hype of this whole Hallelujah Challenge as I have personally always seen Nigerians as too religious with no impact on our day to day life. My sister convinced me to give it a try and I did on Day 28. I’m so glad I did, better late than never.

I particularly liked the fact that it cut across all denominations and wasn’t a programme to promote a particular church, it was all about God and worship.

I admired how he acknowledged all the people who were key in this including his wife, sister, the full band etc. Giving honor and not making it seem he did it on his own.

Also, clearly stating the need to live lives that reflect God, not just worshipping at HC and then continuing with business as usual.

There was no offering collection so no case of guilt-tripping people to give, and lastly he shied away from people giving him the glory during the testimonies and kept pointing up that it’s God.

Happy Sunday everyone ?

3. Sharon

July 2, 2017 at 4:57 pm

The person taking the photographs missed the event

4. Crown

July 2, 2017 at 7:04 pm

God be praised. God bless Nathaniel Bassey and his obedience. His simplicity is infectious!

5. Babym

July 2, 2017 at 8:00 pm

This was such a wonderful experience. Thoroughly enjoyed it. I personally experienced so much growth. I mean I didn’t know it was possible for me to just praise and worship God for a whole hour. Loved it.

• seyi

July 3, 2017 at 12:04 am

me too o. as i finished the 30 days i knew that everything is possible o, we just give excuses. one hour every day.. it can nly be God sha

6. Ifunanya