Scoop

Sonia Irabor named Editor of Genevieve Magazine

BellaNaija.com

Sonia Irabor named Editor of Genevieve Magazine - BellaNaijaDaughter of media moguls Betty and Soni Irabor, Sonia Irabor has been named the Editor of Genevieve Magazine.

Her mother, and publisher of the lifestyle magazine Betty Irabor made the announcement Thursday morning on Twitter. She said:

Today my daughter Sonia who joined Genevieve at 13 as teen zone columnist is now Editor of Genevieve. A mother’s prayer answered.

She later on Friday congratulated her daughter on Instagram, posting her photo with the caption:

Congratulation Sonia as you become the Editor of Genevieve magazine… God bless you mightily.

Sonia began writing for Genevieve as a teenager when she pitched the idea of TeenZone, when she was just 13, to her mother.

She has served in the capacity of Assistant Editor for the magazine before rising to become the editor.

See the social media posts below:

Photo Credit: Instagram – bettyirabor

1. Meee

July 29, 2017 at 3:27 am

Nice one. I used to read her columns from way back.

• Palmwine

July 29, 2017 at 3:50 am

Dem don dey groom am tay tay.
      Seen. Next story pls!

• Ephi

July 29, 2017 at 11:25 am

So what is wrong with her being groomed to play a role in her parents’ business? Do you expect the mum to keep working till forever? If you had a child, would you not do the same?

Congrats Sonia.

• Palmwine

July 29, 2017 at 1:31 pm

@Ephi aka voltron what you dont get from my comment is that this development is no surprise .

I personally believe that this won’t come as news to anyone and therefore should not be a blog post. Like morning doesnt come after dawn.??

• Ephi

July 29, 2017 at 1:45 pm

Maybe not a surprise to you, doesn’t mean it’s the same for everyone. I for one never knew she had a daughter working for her. It’s okay to waka pass if a blog post is news you “already know”. Cheers.

• jade

July 29, 2017 at 2:21 pm

When Trump does it, put all his children in his business, he’s praised for it. I don’t see anything wrong appointing your children in your company as long as they are qualified, experienced and do the right thing. And the same quality work is put out.

• Palmwine

July 30, 2017 at 6:09 pm

@ephi and Mee, keep on ranting. Odes! If you are too thick to get what i am trying to say pls go and ait down somewhere

• Palmwine

July 30, 2017 at 6:11 pm

Sorry not @Mee. I meant Jade

2. Victor Adegoke

July 29, 2017 at 5:42 am

This is what Robert Kiyosaki was talking about. Rich and financial educated Parents groom their kids to take over from them in Business, Poor and lack of financially educated parents still want their kids to look for JOBS, which is not secure.

3. rolling my eyes

July 29, 2017 at 9:49 am

surprise surprise

4. Nne

July 29, 2017 at 10:57 am

Congrats Sonia!
    Please can genevieve stock with shoprite or spar or even ebeano? I love the magazine but I feel the distribution is not enough. Shoprite has international magazines like elle, vogue, etc yet I cant seem to find my fave Nigerian magazines and I know there are people like me that go to the store to get food items.

• Olawande

July 29, 2017 at 11:27 am

Genevieve is available at ebeano lekki phase 1

• Mrs OLUWOLE

July 29, 2017 at 12:53 pm

You are on point! I had to go to the island to get the edition with Betty on the cover(like three months ago) but still couldn’t find any. I still want to read that edition though! Genevieve should stock up Ikeja City Mall and see how fast it sells.

• Baby gurl

July 29, 2017 at 2:41 pm

This! I used to beg for Genevieve in Abuja until I got tired. Why should I go to the airport every time I want a mag. Biko.

5. watching

July 29, 2017 at 11:50 am

Hopefully she can revive this dying company. They need to focus more on making it a viable venture rather than showing off f0r social media

6. Mrs Oluwole

July 29, 2017 at 1:39 pm

Bellanaija editors, why did you remove my previous comment? That’s BAD!

7. AV

July 30, 2017 at 1:16 pm

Congrats Sonia.
    The magazine needed an injection of youthful energy! Sonia brings that and more!

8. Palmwine

July 30, 2017 at 6:11 pm

Sorry not Mee. I meant Jade.