Relationships

“She has been scammed” – Ex Husband of British woman married to Nigerian 45 years younger

BellaNaija.com

Angela and CJ Nwachukwu | Photo Credit: Facebook

Donald Neate, an ex husband of Angela Nwachukwu, a British woman from Dorchester, Dorset has reacted to her marriage to Nigerian CJ Nwachukwu, saying that she is being scammed.

Angela and CJ’s marriage came to limelight after CJ was rejected UK visa for the second time.

Donald said to DailyMail: “We separated 18 years ago and haven’t had any contact since. The first time I knew about it was when I read the papers. She has been scammed by a man who just wants to get into the country.”

Donald described her as “gullible” adding that she has “got herself into a problem that she will have to deal with.”

Angela, a retired taxi driver, got married to Owerri-based in April 2015, three months after he added her on Facebook.

“CJ is the most caring man any woman could want to be with. He makes me feel like the most beautiful woman in the world. I know in my heart we belong together and we won’t stop fighting until we can be together as husband and wife. We won’t let this break us,” Angela told The SUN.

Angela had added: “After the wedding, I found it hard leaving CJ. I knew I’d see him again soon but my family visa application was rejected. I was so determined to get him a visa I hired lawyers to fight for us. I’ve since visited him twice. We’ve spent a combined £20,000 trying to see each other. I’ve used my savings and he has gradually paid me back half.”

“Despite our huge age gap, we got on really well. I couldn’t help it and began to develop feelings for him. I tried to stop myself. He was six years younger than my oldest grandchild. But I couldn’t help falling for him,” she said.

She added: “Our only hope now is that CJ will be allowed to come next year on a student visa to study his Masters in computing. I’m hoping to go to Africa later this year to visit him and I’m counting down the days until I can see him again.”

Photo Credit: Facebook

1. JT

August 26, 2017 at 12:05 pm

Abeg. Awon foreign. Monitoring Spirit. Am sure you could have just shut your mouth when you were reached for questioning. I bet this wasn’t done out of concern for her. You may be right but I bet a part of you is just angry that another man is loving your “gullible” ex

• Tolu

August 26, 2017 at 1:48 pm

Please put the loving in quotation marks too

2. Iyke

August 26, 2017 at 2:37 pm

No one scammed anyone!!!Abraham maslow’s need theory in play here….
    A woman’s life does not come to a STOP after divorce, widowed and the chiĺdren had left the nest.
    She is a lonely woman who craves the comfort of a companion which is a legitimate need.And she found it in the arms of a willing nigerian boy (who for good or bad intentions) is ready to offer at least 10yrs of his life to meet her needs.
    At the end of the day,both achieve their aims whatever goal that may be.
    Mama isn’t stupid….she’s aware of the age difference and reality of the relationship et al….CJ also isn’t stupid…It’s an economic and emotinal convinience that both are offering eachother and no one should worry about them.

3. Nayiba

August 26, 2017 at 3:24 pm

You haven’t seen her for long yet you can comment on her personal issue. How that’s even your business is what I’m wondering. If two adults want to be together and it’s legal we should let them.

4. Jessica

August 26, 2017 at 4:47 pm

Taking hustle to the next level. Lol

5. momo

August 26, 2017 at 6:50 pm

he hasn’t been in contact with her in 18years and yet he can tell the marriage is a scam,,smh

6. aj

August 27, 2017 at 12:01 am

I know yall aint defending the guy! looool

7. Isiuwa

August 27, 2017 at 9:42 am

Iyke thank you. You hit the nail on the head gbam!!!!! But should this be encouraged? I will not. By denying him the visa. Instead let the lady relocate to nigeria to live with the guy and let’s see what happens. She is in for the youth of the guy and he is in for the british citizenship. But what is the British govt in for? Nothing. Only one more Nigerian. So the british govt is fighting back by denying the guy the visa for he is dubious. A marriage of convenience is not encouraged by any govt.

8. Cry the beloved country

August 28, 2017 at 8:23 am

Wasn’t the relationship which the British forced on Nigeria when she colonized our country built on convenience? Who gave them visas into Nigeria when they first landed in our territory? If Britain didn’t forge the kind of predatory relationship that has continued to disadvantage us to this day, maybe the young man would not be arching to go over there ‘by any means necessary’.

9. joyce