Scoop

After 7 domestic violence incidences and miscarriages I curse you today – Tonto Dikeh to Azuka Ogujiuba over claims of Fabricated Injuries

BellaNaija.com

Nollywood actress Tonto Dikeh has lashed out at journalist Azuka Ogujiuba for comments she made about her on show “Hot Topics.”

Azuka had on the show said Tonto Dikeh lied about being abused by her ex-husband Olakunle Churchill.

She had said she had video evidence to back up her claims, which she arrived at after meeting with both Tonto and her ex-husband at different times.

However, Tonto Dikeh on her Instagram on Wednesday said Azuka’s claims aren’t true.

She claimed Azuka was offered a lot of money to manipulate what she said, and she was indeed abused.

She posted a series of photos of her Instagram detailing what really happened, including screenshots of chats she had with Azuka, with the caption:

Firstly Azuka You lured me into this interview. You used someone I respect a lot to convince me to talk about the marriage incidences. I finally succumbed to it because I felt that my story would help other women who faced the same issue of domestic violence. It was never orchestrated as u say. – Secondly, One of your staff suggested that I cover the scar on my leg. I told you that i was okay with the scar showing because it came as a result of domestic violence. – Furthermore, Azuka I told you several times about my faults in the whole incidence. I never hid any of it. I told you I broke things in his house as a response to the violence I faced. So why would you try and use that against me as if I did not openly admit and repent about it. As a matter of fact I have attached the text messages between us! Try and deny!
– Azuka you said yourself that Churchill offered you money to manipulate everything I said. Your assistant also admitted that Churchill offered her a large sum of money to manipulate the whole thing. You mentioned this in front of every body there! Your staff, your camera men, the make up staff, my team members and my brother. Don’t dare deny this! I have several KEY people who where present there. – Azuka you said that Churchill showed you a video of me destroying things. Azuka please release that video! Release everything that was captured on that cctv camera from the beginning of the fight to the end of it without a second or minute missing! Please do this and vindicate your artist since we know now that you manage him.
– Azuka how dare you even say I lied! Where you there!? Where you present in any of the incidences that occurred!? Did you ever speak to any of my family that naturally would have taken sides with me just as his took sides with him. – When you called me for a second interview to counter his own interview what did I tell you? I said NO. That this is not a fight I want to entertain most especially because of my son. – Isn’t it funny that your boyfriend you sent to pick me from the airport is now flying around the country with Churchill! Coincidence? – You said that you went to Ghana for an event and decided to do a bit of

See the photos below:

After 7 domestic violence incidences and miscarriages, I curse you today - Tonto Dike to Azuka Ogujiuba - BellaNaija After 7 domestic violence incidences and miscarriages, I curse you today - Tonto Dike to Azuka Ogujiuba - BellaNaija After 7 domestic violence incidences and miscarriages, I curse you today - Tonto Dike to Azuka Ogujiuba - BellaNaija After 7 domestic violence incidences and miscarriages, I curse you today - Tonto Dike to Azuka Ogujiuba - BellaNaija After 7 domestic violence incidences and miscarriages, I curse you today - Tonto Dike to Azuka Ogujiuba - BellaNaija After 7 domestic violence incidences and miscarriages, I curse you today - Tonto Dike to Azuka Ogujiuba - BellaNaija After 7 domestic violence incidences and miscarriages, I curse you today - Tonto Dike to Azuka Ogujiuba - BellaNaija After 7 domestic violence incidences and miscarriages, I curse you today - Tonto Dike to Azuka Ogujiuba - BellaNaija After 7 domestic violence incidences and miscarriages, I curse you today - Tonto Dike to Azuka Ogujiuba - BellaNaija After 7 domestic violence incidences and miscarriages, I curse you today - Tonto Dike to Azuka Ogujiuba - BellaNaija

Photo Credit: tontolet

1. Biker Chic

September 28, 2017 at 2:29 am

Azuka is the bottom of the barrel. Is that one a journalist? I watched Hot Topics on Linda Ikeji and l must say Azuka is the pits. No woman breaks things if she was nt scorned. Churchill cheated and Tonto reacted the only way she knows which may not be right. But, what do I know. Afterall, Azuka also said she will stay with a cheating spouse. Such low self esteem.

• Bibi

September 28, 2017 at 7:02 am

as a journalist I can tell one one has been bribed… Azuka has indeed been bribed.. The whole thing makes no sense.. she trully is scum! ruining people’s lives…. Tonto Is not perfect but common that Churchill is abusive and he shows all the signs

• 70 people liked this?

September 28, 2017 at 7:44 am

*psst* Typical Nigerian woman response. Please speak for yourself. Reasonable people don’t go around breaking things when they are scorned, they walk away. Don’t be deceived. You watch too much TV.

• LemmeRant

September 28, 2017 at 9:37 am

*No woman breaks things if she was nt scorned. Churchill cheated and Tonto reacted the only way she know”

They have come again. Defending violence if the woman is the perpetrator. Am I surprised? Nope.

If that your statement was made by any one us guys here and the characters were reversed. You’d be screaming blue murder and all sorts of ridiculous statements, but no, its ok if a woman does it

Olodo upon ten.

@70 people liked this
      That is how they are on this blog. Very shallow minded people. As of the time I posted this, It was 106 likes and its gonna keep increasing.

• Smh

September 28, 2017 at 11:01 am

@LemmeRant
      Talk about pointing one finger forgetting the remaining 4 point at you, Shallow minded people, what does that make you, considering you sleep on this blog as well?

2. Sexy O

September 28, 2017 at 2:36 am

Just when I thought Alas we are free from the drama of Tonto dike nd her ex, this happens. Tonto dike should try and be quiet sometime, it’s not every talk about her that needs a response.

• Patty boo

September 28, 2017 at 2:22 pm

If it was you would you rest? This is a human with emotions, she knows what she went through and until you go through what she has gone through it will be unjust to say she should rest.
      She is a public figure and a mentor to people , she should please fight for the good of her name “when need be”.

3. Grace

September 28, 2017 at 3:12 am

Women could rule the world if they could stick together. Our cry against domestic violence will keep falling on deaf ears if we have people like Azuka abusing their platform. African journalists don’t follow basic rules and regulations. A bribed journalist is dangerous oh!

• I don’t think so

September 28, 2017 at 7:48 am

Women cannot rule the world if they stick together in deceit. It’s not just about automatically taking sides with a fellow woman when things like this come up, It’s about objectively evaluating the situation, and doing the right thing. I won’t stand with a woman whose stories of domestic violence don’t add up just because “women are supposed to stick together”.

4. Tamunoimama

September 28, 2017 at 3:24 am

Azuka is just one foolish woman who’s so jealous.
    I believe Tonto and stand with her in all these drama.

5. wifematerial

September 28, 2017 at 3:34 am

dirty Azukaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!! Tonto might be a bad girl but obviously she is saying the truth………..Azuka with her elephantiasis leg.

6. Jay

September 28, 2017 at 5:00 am

It’s “were” and not “where”

7. oye

September 28, 2017 at 5:44 am

the curse part though..
    this really angered Tonto.
    Hope she forgives soon..the christain lifestyle is not one that lets unforgiveness thrive

8. kiks

September 28, 2017 at 5:44 am

It’s “these” and. Not “this”. I stand with Tonto. Trashy Azuka.

9. Lilo

September 28, 2017 at 5:56 am

Tonto s fledgling mental state severely discounts her credibility. I’m just struggling with taking her seriously

• Bibi

September 28, 2017 at 7:03 am

What mental state do u expect an abused woman to be in? pray tell?

• I_I

September 28, 2017 at 8:18 am

@Bibi: You people are really selling this alledged abuse a bit too hard.

10. Tolu4show

September 28, 2017 at 6:37 am

This same Azuka again??? This one that couldn’t interview Tiwa properly and said she thought it was for prInt. I hope for your sake that all these allegations are not true because without Tonto cursing you, you are automatically cursed. ONLY the two people in a marriage can know truly happens in it …no one knows the logistics.
    @tonto it’s time to let go and let God.

11. Hehe

September 28, 2017 at 7:52 am

Almost seems like all of Tonto’s screen shot messages were recently typed. She conveniently leaves out Azuka’s replies to what looks like a monologue.

12. I know AZUKA

September 28, 2017 at 8:26 am

I can say for a fact Azuka likes money. I have witnessed her taking money to release a story in the press. Nigerian media is so corrupt and heavily manipulated. Its for sale.

13. MUA

September 28, 2017 at 8:50 am

Tonto kindly do not respond or entertain any interview or speak on your marriage issue with anyone again (including the idiot Azuka and her likes). I understand brideprice and other things have been returned to the Churchill’s family. Moving forward, look up to God, focus on your son and live life. One thing I know is that God never sleeps. You will find the peace, love, happiness and all that you deserve and are due to you. Above all try and forgive every hurt including your ex and all. I just want you to be happy and never look back. My prayers with you.

14. Gina

September 28, 2017 at 8:52 am

Azul a is the most ugliest retarded journalist I’ve ever watched. Even a retard won’t interview like she does. The most Ewwwwww est journalist of all time and a huge disgrace to Naija journalism

Nonetheless I feel two nollywood people who need to seek psychological help is Jim Ike and Tonto Dikeh. Especially Jim Iyke he needs serious help reading his nasty outburst in fans who offends him. I hope no company gives him endorsement to represent their brand, he’s a tragic risk to any brand. Jim go back to tbjoshua

• wifematerial

September 28, 2017 at 10:40 pm

you dey crazy Gina………………………………you need help more the two people you metioned

15. MUA

September 28, 2017 at 8:55 am

For those who do not support and never see reasons in the person of Tonto, never you pray to be abused or your loved ones. If you so hate and don’t understand life and its irony, pray and seek God’s counsel. Wishing all married and unmarried, even those who have fallen out of marriage and still wishing to fall out a PEACEFUL life ahead. May God help us all for only in him can we find peace..

16. Asa

September 28, 2017 at 8:59 am

Azuka… didn’t they reach you at your “prestigious unilag” that journalists ought not to take sides? Did they not tell you objectivity was one of the cardinal rules in news reporting? You are a celebrity wannabe, you aren’t a journalist. Your personal opinion on Tonto is unnecessary. That’s not your work.

17. Akasi

September 28, 2017 at 9:02 am

1. What exact business does this Churchill fellow do? I ask because he seems to be the biggest philanthropist in town and buying over every low grade “journalist” in town.

2. Azuka is not a journalist. Any argument containing that assertion is automatically flawed.

3. Tonto comes across as mentally unstable. It is either she has no loved ones or they despise her exceedingly. All these public meltdowns are unsightly.

4. If a man abuses you, lay charges. If you choose to ignore, move on and hand over to God. Attention seeking of any sort does not alleviate the hurt of domestic violence. Some of these dramas make light the severity of domestic violence.

5. Tonto has a team? What exactly does that mean? By the way, I have not seen her in a movie for a lo g while now. Is this Churchill case her new career move?

6. That Churchill fellow has a shady air all around him.

• ladylayo

September 28, 2017 at 9:17 am

@Akasi, your third point shows how disgusting and depraved-minded you are as a person. You better pray you don’t go through half the issh Tonto did. Karma is real.

• Cocolette

September 28, 2017 at 3:39 pm

Thank you Akasi. Tonto seems to have some forms of personality disorder (maybe Histrionic? Maybe a mix of PDs). Nobody should come with the story of her being abused abeg. When she was allegedly abused we heard her story and sided her, even before marriage she seemed unstable. Now she has gotten worse.
      Oh yeah, I’ve experienced abuse and I ran for my dear life after reporting to the police. I didn’t continue joining issues with the abuser months/years later.

18. Legaleyes

September 28, 2017 at 9:28 am

AZUKA AZUKA. BiTTER WOMAN. Home wrecker. Husband snacther. Now, bribed journalist. I wish the world sees you for who u are. To destroy humanity. Agent of the devil.

19. Ephi

September 28, 2017 at 9:28 am

Gosh, so much going on these past few days – from Chris Attoh to Psquare and now Tonto, is this week National Drama week or what?!

20. courage

September 28, 2017 at 9:48 am

Abeg lets take a chill pill…..Tonto should not always reply please. She is sure over doing things now.

21. In and out

September 28, 2017 at 9:53 am

Azuka is the definition of ugly in and out, shey person suppose at least choose one struggle.

22. LemmeRant

September 28, 2017 at 9:55 am

So all the same people criticizing Monalisa on her “don’t provoke your man” comment are the same ones defending Tontoh here?

Nawa o. If tontoh was provoked, why can’t you advice her to keep quiet, or walk away, or provoke back? Why does she have to be violent? Abi is she a baby who can’t control her actions?

This una logic here sef get as e be.

• john

September 28, 2017 at 10:16 am

dont bother..women and their fish brains dont let them think farband logically..always contradicting themselves..as someone said on LIb..Mr Church hill lied against you…your Nanny lied against u…Mr Church hill sister lied against u…Ghana police lied against u ..finally Azuka lied against you….Mr TONTO DIKEH u r a condemned Liar…I thought she said that churchhill has no money ..that she was the one that does everything..how come churchhill has 3million to dash a journalist ..tonto should be admitted in yabaleft for everybody’s safety especially for that her son

• Aminat

September 28, 2017 at 10:55 am

The truth is, you should never attack anyone physically and this applies universally. Not just between spouses oh! Whether you are a man or woman, violence is never the answer. Unless you are provoked physically, you have no right to put your hands on somebody. If you are in a verbally abusive relationship, you should separate yourself from your abuser; whether you are the man or the woman. Verbal abuse is just as damaging as physical abuse; sometimes it’s worse! The only time it is acceptable to attack someone physically is in instances where SELF DEFENSE is needed.

23. Ese

September 28, 2017 at 10:45 am

I am a woman and fully married and i know from the stories that Tonto Dike Lied and is a terrible liar. I dont even know what the stupid Churchill found in a lunatic like Tonto. Igbo smoking raving lunatic. Terrible liar. Thank you Azuka . You are being professional

• Tuu

September 28, 2017 at 11:33 am

Wow!!! All this when you werent in the marriage? I grew up in a home full of domestic violence yet my dad would lie and he had so many pple collaborate his stories. Pple i never even saw in my home will tell you, they saw so, so and so. Only pple who have either grown up in such homes or have faced such would understand Tonto. Pls just pray you do not wake to an abusive spouse one day cos its easy for you to judge another woman now till you face it.

• Elle

September 28, 2017 at 11:48 am

Which one is fully married? Is there anything like partially married? Mschew

• AsMyself

September 29, 2017 at 1:13 am

Tribalistic much! She is IKWERRE, not Igbo. At least know some Civics before you come here to spew trash! Fully married ko, Halfly married ni!

24. Aminat

September 28, 2017 at 10:50 am

I believe Tonto, because I’ve seen so many cases where a woman has accused her husband of domestic violence and no one believed her because she was seen as troublesome or the man was perceived to be calm and gentle like Churchill. Only to discover that the man was guilty after all. So I believe her.
    HOWEVER, TONTO IS DOING THE DAMNED MOST! Tonto needs to take lessons from how Damilola and Lilian Esoro handled their situations. It’s OK, as a domestic violence survivor, to speak out and be an advocate. In fact, it’s necessary. But before you do that, you need to take care of yourself first and ensure that YOU are mentally fine, because domestic violence takes such a huge toll on the psyche of the victim. I don’t believe Tonto took that time out to heal herself first and that’s why she’s making it such a personal vendetta. She needs to do that and THEN come back stronger so she can be of help to women who are in her situation. Right now, she’s just lashing out and that’s not healthy for anyone.
    Oh, and I’m disappointed in Tonto for even wasting her time to even acknowledge Azuka. Everyone knows Azuka is a disgrace to journalism! From her poor English to her unprofessional and rude demeanor, Azuka is not someone you should waste time, space or energy on. Tonto, please learn not to roll in the mud with pigs because you will become as dirty as they are.

• lady

September 28, 2017 at 12:27 pm

people keep saying how lilian handled her own lol. you guys know some women are quiet because they have dirt too and if she talks the man too will spill and the it becomes a whole drama, at the end of the day no MAN should HIT a woman regardless. just take a walk
      i recall when my sister got hit by her half it broke me as a woman to think someone could lay hands on her and dude was trying to say how my sis provoked him anyway my sis handed his ass to the police when he thought she let it go as he was getting dressed for work na so police just show . since then my guy just give himself brain because he couldn’t believe she could do that . so please stand up for yourselves which ever way you can.

25. MurdaSheWrote

September 28, 2017 at 10:53 am

Azuka Ogujiuba is an incompetent ass journalist. She does not even deserve to be called a journalist. You couldn’t go more ratchet than Azuka. Rageddy ass python. Hustling to get the scoop straight from the source so that people would think she commiserates with the interview subject. I don’t know how and why anyone would see her as a professional. She’s a Linda Ikeji wannabe. Literally the square root of Linda Ikeji buried to the 10000000th level. Ugly, shapeless and incompetent. She should have picked one struggle rather than being all three.

26. ***

September 28, 2017 at 11:01 am

How do you all know these tonto dike’s circumstances were not fights? How can you tell so accurately the churchill guy was hitting her? Shouldn’t there be a difference between I got into a fight with my husband and my husband violently abuses me?

27. momo

September 28, 2017 at 11:11 am

Ok so Churchill gave Azuka 3 whole million..This is surprising, considering that Tonto said he was so broke that she had to pay her bride price by herself and also buy her own car..So where did this money come from? …i truly dislike azukas journalism style but both tonto and churchill are embellishing their stories..and yes i believe she need psychological help asap because she has a lot of anger and goes of the rail at everything ..when i saw her attaching beard and wearing male clothes to her kids school is when i concluded that there is a deep problem her beyond husband matter…

• ITK

September 28, 2017 at 12:25 pm

He was broke when they started dating and got married. Honeymoon was at her friends house in abuja where they squatted. Where is your brain? Churchill is a 419 master plus drug dealer = Easy money. Even Dangote does not dash as Churchill has been dashing money, land etc left right and centre. What do you think Tonto is refusing to say? He is a drug dealer. She is keeping quiet becos of her son.

28. Tuu... This is for you

September 28, 2017 at 2:18 pm

corroborate
    kəˈrɒbəreɪt/Submit
    verb
    confirm or give support to (a statement, theory, or finding).
    “the witness had corroborated the boy’s account of the attack”
    synonyms: confirm, verify, endorse, ratify, authenticate, validate, certify; More

collaborate
    kəˈlabəreɪt/Submit
    verb
    work jointly on an activity or project.
    “he collaborated with him on numerous hotel projects”
    synonyms: cooperate, join (up), join forces, team up, get together, come together, band together, work together, work jointly, participate, unite, combine, merge, link, ally, associate, amalgamate, integrate, form an alliance, pool resources, club together
    “India has collaborated with several nations on space projects”
    cooperate traitorously with an enemy.
    “during the last war they collaborated with the Nazis”
    synonyms: fraternize, conspire, collude, cooperate, consort, sympathize
    “they were suspected of having collaborated with the enemy”

29. Ese

September 28, 2017 at 2:35 pm

Tonto is a liar and aa reckless lady. Igbo smoking and lunacy can cause irreparable damage to marriage. Churchill married a raving lunatic and a classless lady who by chance is on the Tv . She has quarreled with everybody housemaid, Azuka etc

30. Annie

September 28, 2017 at 3:12 pm

@Ese, fully married woman indeed. 90% of the comments here said Azuka was unprofessional. It’s either you are an Azuka wanna be or Churchill jazz don catch you. Fully married ke, partially married ni. Iranu.

• iWeak

September 28, 2017 at 3:48 pm

As in iWeak. “Fully” Married! Married to dah bonez! Cheiii. Wetin we no go see ohhh!!

31. Chu

September 28, 2017 at 3:58 pm

That Azuka must have serious clout among celebrities cos I don’t know why they keep allowing her to interview them.
    Mesef that isn’t a celebrity wouldn’t allow her to interview me.

32. Ayobam

September 28, 2017 at 4:15 pm

Tonto,your reaction shows you lied against your ex.May Almighty Allah exposed you

33. nene

September 28, 2017 at 5:13 pm

Tonot dikeh get help! anyone who knows her should get her help. she has been unstable and violent even before this whole Churchill drama.

34. Yellow sun

September 28, 2017 at 7:00 pm

All of u saying she shouldn’t reply or does the most are not alright.. .I personally think this drama should end.. but this interview Abuja granted just surfaced and she blatantly claims tonto lied..and some people saying she shouldn’t reply.. .so you people can criticise her again abi.. ….smh
    If tonto was really bad why was Churchill begging to reconcile????

35. Emmanuel

September 28, 2017 at 7:17 pm

Many people here are defending tonto due to their experiences of their friends experiences with DV, and i dont blame them, their stories of DV where never believed, so they wanna rally round tonto, but they forget tonto has always been controversial even before marriage. I stand on the side of no one as to me this is a case of ‘419 jam 419’. May God be with their son.

36. Dolly

September 28, 2017 at 8:00 pm

I only have one question
    Why would these so called celebrities let Azuka interview them like seriously? First was Tiwa and we know the rest….
    It’s like Beyonce requesting to give the truth about blue’s pregnancy to Wendy……like how, you won’t even catch bey on her show just for f#$ks sakes
    TBH comparing Azuka to Wendy is a serious murf–kin reach coz at least Wendy is not ghetto ratchet.

37. BaKers Street

September 28, 2017 at 8:49 pm

Azuka is not a journalist. A few weeks ago Churchill said Azuka had not published her findings and then she had to do this. Can’t believe a journalist would take sides. Disgusting.

38. Trey

September 28, 2017 at 8:59 pm

Miserable women discussing other people marriage. Azuka you are a failed being.

39. sharon

September 28, 2017 at 11:24 pm

Azuka i’m deeply ashamed of you!! With the things you’ve gone through in life with men, you of all people should be emphatic towards the sufferings of women. And a journalist never takes sides, you had no right to act as a judge on Tonto’s issue. Anyway what did I expect from a program aired on LIB tv