Scoop

“Don’t buy things to impress anyone” – Adesua Etomi shares Spending Rules

BellaNaija.com

"Don't buy things to impress anyone" - Adesua shares Spending Rules - BellaNaija

Adesua Etomi

Nollywood actress Adesua Etomi has good spending advice for everyone.

The actress shared her spending rules on Twitter, and they’re actually quite good.

Bring out your notes, guys, here are rules you probably should follow if you find your paycheck isn’t lasting a month.

Here goes:

My spending rules…
‘Save before you spend’
‘Don’t spend money on more ‘wants’ than ‘needs’
‘Don’t spend money that hasn’t hit your account yet’
‘Don’t buy things on credit’
‘Don’t buy things to impress anyone, it’s foolish’

See the post below:

1. Physio Tinu

October 18, 2017 at 6:34 pm

Say it louder abeg: DON’T BUY THINGS ON CREDIT!

2. Somto

October 18, 2017 at 9:34 pm

You say that after I paid 45k for aso ebi that has not been delivered because it has not been ordered

• My dear

October 18, 2017 at 10:20 pm

LMAO!!!! You have purchased your invitation

• Susus voltron

October 18, 2017 at 10:44 pm

Biko were you held at gun point to buy Aso Ebi?
      Really With Adesua what you see is what you get.

• ajankolokolo

October 19, 2017 at 8:11 am

so without her saying it, common sense is foreign to you?

3. Mimi

October 19, 2017 at 12:00 am

GREAT that she resides in 9ja. In the states most of your cost of living, school loan, insurance and utilities are on automatic withdrawal pending your incoming check.

4. ajankolokolo

October 19, 2017 at 8:10 am

this girl tries too hard to be a fashionista. or why else is half of her shirt tucked in and the other, tucked out?

Nice advice tho. Lagos babes always try to impress with material things and live above their means. They go as far as borrowing, buying things on credit, sleeping with men for money. Its ridiculous.

5. Jade

October 19, 2017 at 9:01 am

But you gave Kunle Remi over 300k when you guys were dating to buy you gifts to show on IG? Enter house

• ajankolokolo

October 19, 2017 at 9:17 am

how do you know this?

• The girl who eats Jollof

October 19, 2017 at 9:24 am

What?
      Apostle must hear of this.
      I have heard it all from anonymous insiders.

• May

October 19, 2017 at 9:35 am

1) How does that take away from the great advice she gave?
      2) Maybe she was ignorant of this then and has since grown past that stage/mentality. Aren’t people allowed to grow/change their ways?
      3) Lets even assume she actually did that (because I haven’t seen a proof), how does it disqualify her from giving her advice?

• DatEnuguChic

October 19, 2017 at 9:53 am

Bellanaijans i trust una to spill tea. Jade na waoh ooooo. Biko feel free to spill some more. This is one of the reasons why i like bellanaija …i live for the comments.

• Loool

October 19, 2017 at 9:58 am

@jade
      The haterz have arrived, where is that meme when you need it?!

• Zee

October 19, 2017 at 11:26 am

Lmao please shut up only gullible dummies will believe this crap you typed. She doesn’t even show off on IG. She doesn’t come off as a materialistic person at all, at least from what i see online. Nobody would have known she even dated that man, she was very private about it and never once gave any hint online that they were together.

• Katrina

October 19, 2017 at 11:55 am

She gave! It’s her money! She did not buy on credit. She did not borrow! She gave ‘Kunle Remi!

• Jade

October 19, 2017 at 12:55 pm

LOL, I know this because I know Kunle Remi who by the way is still smarting, she doesn’t come off as materialistic? I laugh in swahili. Tiwa’s husband also didn’t come across as an edible caterer but here we are. I know we all love to love Adesua but i said what i said. You can insult me all you want but…… fact still remains she gave Remi more than 300k, he is even still owing her

• Loool

October 19, 2017 at 12:58 pm

@Jade
      Okay, so now what should we do about it? Plus, anybody can claim to “know” Kunle Remi online.
      I hope your life feels a little bit better now. Jeez. Sad lives everywhere, o ma ga o.

• Loool

October 19, 2017 at 1:02 pm

And needless to say, she is no longer even dating the guy. so I don’t understand what the noise you are making is about. Big fail.
      Glad to see people have put you in check in any case. This is not even about Adesua (cos I don’t care much about her) but about people like you who derive joy from sharing sadistic comments online.

6. XO

October 19, 2017 at 10:05 am

since this lady got engaged to Banky W , these faceless bile filled humans have been on her business..lol.. you guys chill .. she only got engaged to a male like any other female would.

anyway, she is a star! comes with the package. you look up at her to hate, she looks down at you and shakes her head.. from where she sits, you are only beneath
    ps.. I am not Adesua or any one close to her.

7. Ephi

October 19, 2017 at 10:08 am

Anyone can spill so-called tea on an anonymous forum. Right now I could type what I want about Adesua or anyone else and people will believe it right away simply because I typed it and it is what they WANT to hear. Was that not how someone confidently posted on the other thread that Somkele is not a married woman and only just has a son?.. until people corrected the crap right away.

Abeg, let us fear God small na.

8. Ephi

October 19, 2017 at 10:30 am

And to the tea drinkers, hopefully it won’t choke you one day. Mschew.

• Smh

October 19, 2017 at 1:52 pm

Lmao ah ahn. Why must you curse people minding their own business and just reading information ? Did we ask Jade to post it? Abeg take your time

• Ephi

October 19, 2017 at 2:16 pm

@Smh, haha! No be curse o abeg, lol I don’t curse.
      It’s the person that said she lives for tea I was referring to, na so I dey advice am to be careful not to choke while looking for tea all over the place.

9. Ije

October 19, 2017 at 5:00 pm

I don’t know why people won’t let this woman drink water and keep cup. What exactly is her crime, biko? She’s an actress? She’s a known face? She’s engaged? What??? Ever since she got engaged, I have read nothing but shady, hateful comments about her (for the most part). The good thing though is that it doesn’t stop her progress. Detractors, tea spillers, shade throwers….continue o. Clap for unasef.
    Oshisco.

10. Ree

October 20, 2017 at 11:26 am

why are we laying more emphasis on the poster and not the post?