Music

Timi Dakolo & Freeze in Online Battle over Tithing, Marriage & Divorce

BellaNaija.com

Singer Timi Dakolo and OAP Freeze are (at the time of this report), currently battling on Instagram over the issues of tithing, marriage and divorce.

It all started with Timi Dakolo’s post where he lamented the rate of divorce and how people now make it look cool to leave their marriages.

See below:

Freeze shared a screenshot of Timi’s comment and wrote:

So pastor Oyakhilome that got divorced is an incomplete person abi?

A friend of mine nearly had his dick cut off by his ex wife. She tied him down in his sleep, If not for the fact that his younger brother broke down the door and rescued him, today he would have been dickless. I wish he had listened to TIMI’S advice and remained in the marriage with or without his penis, as long as he kept his vows abi? God punish bad people!

I am a living testimony that divorce from a bad situation is a HUGE BLESSING, as in baba blessing, my entire family and I rejoice everyday, thanking God for the gift of divorce.

If person wan kill you, no run o, siddon inside the marriage dey dance to Timi music ? ~FRZ

This response also elicited a reaction from Timi. See below:

View this post on Instagram

@daddyfreeze I HAVE WAITED FOR THIS DAY LIKE A CHILD WAITING FOR A NEW TOY.. FIRST LET ME ADDRESS YOUR TEACHING PEOPLE THIS SHALLOW DOCTRINE OF NOT TO PAY TITHE AND HOW OUR OFFERINGS ARE GOING TO THE PASTORS POCKET… ALL YOUR TALK ABOUT PASTORS AND HOW THEY SPEND OUR TITHES …WE AS CHRISTIANS GIVE OUR OFFERING/TITHE TO GOD,WEATHER PASTOR CHOP OR NOT NA HIM GO ANSWER TO GOD..AND GOD WILL BE BLESSING US FOR GIVING .STOP YOUR MISLEADING INNOCENT MIND AND DEMONIC TEACHING… (TO THE PEOPLE LOOKING AT THE WOMAN WHO BROKE HER ALABASTER BOX..IT WAS A WASTE).. TO JESUS,IT WAS AN OFFERING… A CANAL MIND CANNOT UNDERSTAND THE THINGS OF THE SPIRIT.. AND LET ME TREAT THIS YA JUMPING INTO THIS MY TALK.. ON MARRIAGE .. OGA FREEZE I RESPECT YOU AS AN ELDER BUT HONESTLY.. YOU DON'T HAVE ANY RIGHT TO TALK MARRIAGE AND GIVE ADVICE OR EVEN CONTRIBUTE ANY LITTLE BIT.. MY RESPECT FOR WENT DOWN THE DRAIN THE DAY I SAW YOU CALL THE MOTHER THAT GAVE YOU CHILDREN USELESS.. I MEAN THE WORD USELESS TO THE MOTHER OF YOUR CHILDREN.. WHAT IS LOWER THAN THAT? GUY GO BOIL BEANS OR PEEL EGUSI.. MEN KNOW WHAT TO SAY AND WHEN TO SAY THEM.. MY BROTHER FEAR GOD.. HE'S WAYS ARE NOT LIKE OURS .. CHRISTIANS PAY YOUR TITHE ..IT IS TO GOD..AND YOUNG PEOPLE I WILL SAY IT AGAIN.. DON'T RUSH INTO MARRIAGE.. BE CERTAIN .. NO HUMAN BEING WILL COMPLETE YOU..FOREVER IS A LONG TIME TO MAKE SUCH MISTAKE.. LADIES LET ME TELL YOU THE TRUTH.. ALL MEN LOVE CURVES AND BOOBS AND BEAUTIFUL FACE. BUT WE WOULD FOREVER RESPECT A COMPLETE AN INTELLIGENT WOMAN.. COME INTO MARRIAGE PREPARED.. IT'S NOT AN AFTER PARTY,YOU CANT JUST STAND UP AND LEAVE.. APART FROM DOMESTIC WHICH I DON'T SUPPORT.. TRY AND MAKE IT WORK..ITS A PARTNERSHIP OF TWO COMPLETE PEOPLE..YOU NEED PATIENCE,UNDERSTANDING AND A VERY HIGH LEVEL OF COMMUNICATION.. FOR TO LOVE SOMEONE IS TO KNOW THAT PERSON A GREAT DEAL..

A post shared by Timi dakolo (@timidakolo) on

Freeze, also saw need to respond to Timi, and he wrote:

@timidakolo unlike you, I haven’t waited all my life to respond to you, why should I? Who are you and where’s the sense in what you write or what you stand for?

You are a product of this same shallow doctrine yourself, the churches you perform at, where do you think they get the money to pay from?

You speak about marriage, how long you been married for? What do you know? You say I don’t have the right to comment on marriage, who gave you the license to comment?

I was married for 10 whole years, you dingbat! If I can’t comment on marriage, WHO CAN?

You call my teachings ‘demonic’, why don’t you back yours up with the Bible? My demonic teachings have full biblical support, how would you know? Do you read your bible?

You follow pastors like sheep up and down, is it now paining you that they could be giving more gigs to younger artists, and you are now crying on the internet?

Do you think I’m so stupid as not to know what that forlorn dirge you pasted on the internet about (ARE YOU SURE YOU ARE BUILDING YOUR DREAM OR THE PASTOR’S OWN..) stood for?

You say you give tithe and offering to God when you give it to a pastor, is that what God said in Deuteronomy 14:22-26 or in Nehemiah 10:38?
Do you have a copy of the Bible at all? I suggest you get yourself one.

I shouldn’t be educating you, but do read from Matthew 25:32 to know what it takes to “give to God” and ‘pastor’ or ‘man of God’ isn’t in the equation.

You don’t know shit about my marriage, so you have no right whatsoever to comment on it, I didn’t comment on yours, or how you are handling it, so don’t get personal, your life is far from perfect.

Typing in caps is shouting your words, NOT YOUR MESSAGE, which remains as vacuous as the writer.

You lost respect for me? I never had any for you! Sorry, but I’m not big on pulpit puppets.

Maybe if you spent more time writing music than writing for the blogs, more kids won’t be wondering “who’s timi dakolo?” ~FRZ

#FreeTheSheeple

In what can be seen as a response, Timi shared a photo of himself by the pool side and wrote: “La Sun is not for the fainthearted”

1. TEE

October 25, 2017 at 10:10 pm

Timi 1:Freeze 0

Timi was sharp and straight ,Freeze , you were timid and insulting instead of responding. sign of losing and anger.

Timis first comment was not general, but you took offence. Grow up freeze everything is not about you .

Social media tell women what to expect from a relationship and that is breaking lots of homes not domestic violence sadly

2. Pat

October 25, 2017 at 10:11 pm

Let leave the topic aside for a moment but this freezer or wotever her is called always oozes insecurity and trying to cover up guilt. Let go boy u have moved on a long time ago right?

3. Ladybird

October 25, 2017 at 10:19 pm

Timi made complete sense but I do not understand why he would waste his time on Freeze.

4. Jobs

October 25, 2017 at 10:22 pm

The freezer needs to see a therapist. He is an angry nigerian

5. Jane

October 25, 2017 at 10:26 pm

Honestly freeze irritates me and I hate to read anything about him . Were it not for Timi I wouldn’t have bothered. I dont know y he always feels like he has to respond to everything. As for Timi I wish you hadn’t given him your valuable time. He is a proud bigot that thinks his life revolves around vain things and believes his trashy opinion are valuable.

6. Team Timi

October 25, 2017 at 10:39 pm

It’s only to type long grammar this freeze knows with his coconut head

• Osa

October 27, 2017 at 2:57 am

Freeze and his coconut head. Olori pelebe. He actually does irritate me. Seems to still be seeking something that wasnt lost.

He is just a freaking floater seeking validaton from even an insect. With his ridiculous dumb food partner. I fear for how he will end up and his cohort of a girlfriend or live in lover

7. Suggysu

October 25, 2017 at 10:42 pm

Freeze is an Antichrist. He has signed contract or souled himself to be a demonic agent.or else I will never understand his grudges with men of God. Yea,when there is real there must be fake..we know not all who call him God are real but let God be the judge of that. His attack on the church of God is evidence that he works for the devil. Now whether he knows it or not is another thing. I pray that God opens his eyes and arrest his heart. On the marriage matter, Timi initially had a point but I guess it could be misconstrued because of the delivery. Timi made sense on his response. Freeze you need Jesus.

• Jesse

October 26, 2017 at 12:10 am

OMG! Antichrist ke.. he no reach that side na…pls leave him to his opinions about tithe or pastors and u dont have any right to judge anybody. And paying ur offerings doesnt make u righteous, I pay offerings bcus i biliv in it. its a personal tin, i learnt all wen i was young, it all depends on our up bringing. Freeze is successful in his own category if not he wont be relevant for Timi’s backlash.

8. Lilo

October 25, 2017 at 10:47 pm

Freeze is a madman equivalent of Tonto Dike. It’s a matter of time before his iyawo saara aka current baby mama is dealt the same blow as opeyemi

• Osa

October 27, 2017 at 3:06 am

At lil, make we siddon dey watch. The new baby mama aka food tastebudz’s own go worse pass.

If she has a human heart she would have somehow made freeze refrain from trying to bring down opeyemi on social media.

But alas she sits back and enjoys all the drama, watching freeze humiliate opeyemi publicly. I hope she enjoyed all of it cause she is sitting on a freaking time bomb.

Freeze is not truly happy with her. He has deep rooted issues and is using her as a stop gap and to hurt Opeyemi.
      Madam taste budz look at your self in the mirror and look at opeyemi. Tell your self the truth. Why would he honestly leave her for you? Food? ?????

9. Ktm

October 25, 2017 at 10:57 pm

Who is freeze tho?

10. Ktm

October 25, 2017 at 10:57 pm

I mean we all know Timi but who’s freeze? Just like his name he has probably been stuck somewhere frozen.

11. Hmm

October 25, 2017 at 11:00 pm

We know we don’t like Freeze but Abeg you people should say the truth!!! Freeze finished him. Timi had no right to comment about Freeze’s marriage. Timi’s attack was personal. Whether we admit it or not, we don’t know the truth of what really went down. Besides, there’s no perfect marriage. Don’t be decieved by Instagram pictures. Timi, I hope you don’t have any skeleton aka side chicks in your closet because oga Freeze is a vindictive person. As you took a dig in his marriage, dude will dig until he finds something big and exposes you. Linda and SDK will have no mercy at that time. Highest Bella will do is delay the gist.

• Puzzles

October 25, 2017 at 11:10 pm

No be lie o. Freeze would dig Timi’s skeletons up, that is if he doesn’t already know them sef. Freeze told him ” your life is far from perfect” as if he knows something we don’t know.

• sussy

October 26, 2017 at 12:13 am

How was his attack personal? He simply quoted Freeze who went on social media and called the mother of his children “Useless”

• EMI

October 26, 2017 at 10:24 am

Lolz

• Osa

October 27, 2017 at 3:10 am

Freeze is a very vindictive fellow. Thats the only bit of your epistle that I agree with

• Fashionista

October 27, 2017 at 10:11 am

I’m with you oh jare, Freeze def won!

12. kik

October 25, 2017 at 11:03 pm

If Freeze can rant away like this, who knows how verbally abusive. He could be? Terrible! Even young teenager knows Timi and his craft… he’s the biggest voice coach and Judge. And no he rarely sings in Churches he sings in big weddings. He makes good music….and what’s freeze claim to fame again ? Cocacola Advert? Okpo!

13. Jesse

October 25, 2017 at 11:27 pm

Firstly I never knew Timi Dakolo is a gospel singer, based on BN write-up, secondly Mr Freeze will argue till he leaves this world about tithe and offering, Apparently I love to pay my 1/10 anytime the blessings come bcus it opens more doors for me, I don’t care if it goes to the pastor. pls don’t judge me, even if u don’t pay all these offerings and you r righteous you will make heaven, its a personal decision..

14. Aminat

October 25, 2017 at 11:47 pm

This is the problem with Nigeria. Religion has eaten so deep into our culture that COMMON SENSE isn’t common anymore. We even have people in the comment section calling Freeze the ‘Antichrist’ because he is bold enough to ask questions.
    Now I certainly wouldn’t ask Freeze for marital advice because he’s immature. However, Freeze isn’t a hypocrite. Tell us, Oh Holy Pure Bible Believing Prophet Timi, since you are so saintly and you know the meaning of marriage better than anyone else, WHY DO YOU CHEAT ON YOUR WIFE BUKOLA? Doesn’t the Bible condemn adultery?
    By all means, listen to Timi and stay in your marriage till you die, all in the name of ‘for better, for worse. ‘ Indeed, death will do you part when your abusive spouse kills your spirit gradually and finally kills you physically. On the other hand, you could apply common sense, listen to Freeze and understand that no piece of paper is worth losing your sense of self or even your life. Maybe, just maybe, a faithful and just God who adores you enough to sacrifice the life of his only begotten son would NOT want you to be miserable and dying slowly in a ‘marriage’

15. Mamamia

October 26, 2017 at 12:01 am

Timi please leave freeze alone and don’t wrestle with a pig for he is an idiot and a dingbat. Very small minded person called freeze… I think freeze and Charlemagne da god in America are so similar. Too much talk with such little brains.

16. Halo bae

October 26, 2017 at 12:12 am

I love freeze jare.timi thinks he’s the only one that can attack pple.so you’ve been waiting to tell freeze your mind ba, there you have it dingbat. You think we don’t know about your side chicks, forget the Instagram glam.

17. jess

October 26, 2017 at 1:41 am

two grown men acting like kids. Hiss

18. The Bull

October 26, 2017 at 2:11 am

There is no blueprint for marriage, it is not about old or young age, it is not about being prepared, how do you prepare? people change, situations change. Blaming high divorce rates on young people’s impatience or whatever is a lazy argument. A lot has changed in the world and tbh people especially women are less tolerant to some of the BS some of our mothers went through and I do not blame them, life is short. Marriage is not for everybody!

• Ifeoma

October 26, 2017 at 7:40 am

You just contradicted yourself by saying women are less tolerant now and then saying he shouldn’t blame it on impatience. He is right with what he said, we have become more impatient and less tolerant and this has to do seeing almost every one close to us getting divorced or separated.

• HOPE

October 26, 2017 at 10:39 am

@IFEOMA, Tolerance and impatience mean two different things. I can be a patient person without tolerating the deviant behaviour of people. I can be patient with my husband’s inability to communicate effectively, which I have always known to be a shortcoming on his part, but I will certainly not tolerate my husband’s infidelity or criminal activity because those are deviant behaviours which are against my principles. Hope I helped you understand better.

19. Deeeva

October 26, 2017 at 5:37 am

I personally feel Timi should never have stooped to Freeze’s level. He made a valid point and he need not have had to justify it with a response to someone as shallowminded as Freeze. Talking about his friend that almost had his penis cut off, not that he did deserve it, but a wife would want to do that to her husband’s community penis na. Seems he was cheating for his wife to want to go to such extreme. A mature mind would work out the issues in his/her marriage and not resort cheating (that’s were honouring vows comes from) . A mature mind will love and honour their spouse and so will not resort to DV (still the vows)….

I could go on but i tire abeg. My fingers hurt!! I will just end with that I love Timi and respect what he does but he should never have gone personal with his clackback. He should’ve left that to the internet trolls!!!

• Osa

October 27, 2017 at 3:16 am

Thanks. Just as men cant stand unfaithful wives women do can be filled with rage

20. Roseline

October 26, 2017 at 6:23 am

Freeze you always talk about men of God who gave u the right to judge them? Don’t forget this people are humans like you and I. You are not perfect. I am not perfect they are not perfect as well as everyone out there. Please Freeze run your race and allow men of God run their race, They are only answerable to God. About tith and offering God is not a begger if you don’t pay good for you, no matter what you said or do to make people turn away from these doctrine other people like me will pay, what they do with the more is not my lot but theirs. Please leave men of God alone they are labouring for God they have the right to enjoy the best things of life because God is the creator of all how can slave be riding on horses and king walking on foot is an error. Children of God know your place and take it.

21. Victor Adegoke

October 26, 2017 at 7:01 am

Freeze and Timi Dakolo. Part 1,2 and 3.

22. john

October 26, 2017 at 7:16 am

Actually,both of them were making sense in their own way until Timi made that stupid mistake every beta males makes and decides to make it personal….in his mind that will make women to love and support him more… he had been waiting to face Freeze like a child waiting for a new toy. Who does that? Really?… a man who throws a fellow man under the bus just for some stupid adulation from an already confused women is the most insecure ,low self esteem man you can ever met and he is just shooting himself in the foot…and from experience it will later come back to bite them…as someone mentioned above ,I just hope u dont have any skeleton in your cupboard..bcos short sighted people like timi always do..and I hope ur marriage last till death do una part…..bcos I don’t want to hear stories that touches the heart tomorrow from u

• Osa

October 27, 2017 at 3:25 am

Announcement!!!!!!

It is officially confirmed that this here John on this here blog is Freeze. I had suspected since the post about his social media war with Opeyemi.

He always 100% supports Freeze. Uses the same language as freeze asides from his early posts where he ‘tried’ to not bring attention to the fact that John of bella naija was freeze. In those posts you would notice that HE delibately used incorrect grammar so as to appear to be ‘not freeze’.

Over time ‘John’ drifted into his true element (Freeze) and his use of english dramatically mutated from razzo to tush.

Freeze pls take a freaking hike!

23. king bey

October 26, 2017 at 7:23 am

Freezer let’s go straight to the point i Timi is still one of the biggest artist in Nigeria,with good music and powerful voice who has done so much for himself unlike you that has nothing to show in your career,no gigs,you don’t host shows and you said you’ve been in the radio business for over 20 years and yet nothing to show for it even small Toke of yesterday has gaped you in the business….You can’t even Stand Ik that african magic award host he’s way ahead of you…I’d advice you to get busy…Oshhisco…

24. Sexy O (Team Timi)

October 26, 2017 at 8:20 am

Am team timi on this. Freeze should learn how to present his case in a mature manner without insults. Tithing is a personal decision and who you tithe to is your choice as my pastor would say if you think your money is being misspent get God’s address and pay it directly to Him. It’s never a compulsion

25. XO

October 26, 2017 at 8:41 am

Timi posted an advise based on what he has observed.

Freeze, jumped on him , discrediting his opinion.

Timi gave him what he deserved by only quoting Freeze’s statements towards his ex wife

What do you call someone that thinks the mother of his children is useless? lol

pls dig all you can..dig the side chicks and all..At leaset Timi has never spoken ill of his wife.

Sometimes you need to call people out..it;s a way of getting balanced views.

• Hmm

October 26, 2017 at 9:05 am

You think the fact that Timi has never spoken ill about his wife will count if he’s caught cheating on her? I laugh in spanish. Like i said before, Timi had better have no sidechicks or sideman cos Freeze is vindictive. He’s not going to cover up as guys usually do. Timi insulted him publicly and Freeze will make sure he pays. The guy vindictive o. Linda and SDK would also start watching him closely to grab the latest gist. Bella likes Timi and wife so they may not be eager to see that kai gist.

26. Ejiro Onobrakpeya

October 26, 2017 at 9:17 am

Right now, Daddy freeze came for the wrongest person Timi, really this same guy would insulted pastor Paul, he is becoming a nuisance and people are giving him room to be so foolish and he doesn’t care.How can i support some one who doesn’t fear God a least not God disciples you cant just go about insulting them.

27. XO

October 26, 2017 at 9:51 am

Dear hmmm lol…maybe you are Freeze or his new baby mamma..

diggg all you want!!! di oo.. we can give you hooesss..pls go ahead.

dollars wont go down to N15O.. dig abeg! let us hear word.

it’s easy to go about calling people out until you are handed your own bile. Guy can’t even take it.

abeg!

• Hmm

October 26, 2017 at 1:57 pm

Eyah! Timi’s wife, no vex eh. We are all entitled to our opinion as Freeze is, irrespective of what we think of him. Timi was the first who went personal and Freeze as we all know responded. As Ubi talk am, nobody holy pass.

28. 'Nonso

October 26, 2017 at 10:08 am

No matter how hard we try to bring things to light. Some other will prefer darkness. When a clean pig and a dirty pig battles, they both come out dirty. It is better we live our lives right and clean, avoid calling out anyone. Apply the wisdom of Jesus, use parables and leave it at that. Nobody holy pass. Someday “they” might see the light through our lives and wonder what they’ve been missing all this time. What do I even know, I’m just an Economist!

29. john

October 26, 2017 at 10:50 am

@hmm You think the fact that Timi has never spoken ill about his wife will count if he’s caught cheating on her?…………don’t be surprised that timi’s wife will be the one ending up cheating on him or accuse him of something ….. …………….freeze is in a win- win situation..all he got to do is to be patient bcos it won’t even take long and knowing freeze , he is going to take his time and rub it in..while linda and sdk continues to smile to the bank

30. Cocoa

October 26, 2017 at 11:06 am

Lets not make a mockery of God.

The Bible already told us….the world has eyes but CAN NOT SEE, Ears…but CAN NOT HEAR. Children of God ..you can not convince people whose HEARTS ARE HARDENED….God has to do His ground work in them first.

Dont let anyone take you out of your Christ-like character….that is what the devil wants.

If they curse you…BLESS THEM. They are like the people of Nineveh….LOST…THEY DONT KNOW ANY BETTER

God had COMPASSION for them..that is why He sent Jonah….
    When the Holy Spirit leads you to speak the TRUTH OF GOD…SPEAK IT….BOLDLY. But dont take the response PERSONALLY.

As for me…..I plant the seed…and mind my business after that….what happens after is FOR GOD TO WORK OUT. NOT ME.

31. HOPE

October 26, 2017 at 11:07 am

I wonder if men in Nigeria are given as much responsibility and expectations in making a marriage successful as it is placed on women if people like Timi will actually be making such comments. I believe most of this advice is directed towards the womenfolk. Truth be told, most of our parents’ marriage lasted for so long because of our mothers’ sacrifices and tolerance of the unthinkable and most of them did so because they didn’t know better or had any choice. I will end this with this favourite quote I read some time ago “when you are accustomed to privilege equality feels like oppression”. It is the 21st century and women have options and know better, it is time for “Nigerian husbands” to get this fact into their brain and come into marriage prepared too and ready to make it work as well.

• Seemmi

October 26, 2017 at 11:52 am

These are human beings like you. Wish them well like you would like others to wish you. Divorce stories are not fictional write ups, they are stories of people ( flesh and blood) who would have preferred a happy ever after. So don’t go wishing Timi or his wife ill.

• Seemmi

October 26, 2017 at 11:54 am

@John

32. Seemmi

October 26, 2017 at 11:25 am

First of all, Timi was right, a lot of marriages close to home are breaking apart, and the major reason isn’t domestic violence but other matters that a mature mind with understanding, patience, compassion and a little regard for the marriage vows would have solved. These broken marriages are shockingly not even up to 7-10 years!! It just goes to show that a lot has to be done by the individuals (couples) because most people seem to think the problem is the marriage institution itself, which isn’t true.

I don’t know who Freeze is, but he didn’t have to respond to Timi as Tim only gave his general position on the matter. Freeze responded like he had a personal beef or problem with Tim. Well, I hope he doesn’t have a long list of people he dislikes because hate hasn’t helped anyone.

Timi shouldn’t have responded to Freeze though. But maybe he thought it necessary at the time. Timi in his response wasn’t insultive, he stated his facts without any underlying vile. He also sincerely stated why he had no respect for Freeze; cos he called the mother of his chldren foolish. I’d also lose respect for any man that will spew such derogatory statement. Even a broken clock isn’t entirely useless, it shows the correct time twice in a day; how much more a woman that carried your useful sperm and children for 9 months?

Freeze’s further response was just coarse and all shades of rude. He insulted Timi like he had a personal squabble. Chai! The insults were really unnecessary when he could’ve passed his message through facts. It shows that Freeze couldn’t touch Tim with any accusation, so he desperately had to use cheap insults.
    Anyway, it is obvious who is more successful and respected in his craft, at least there is no argument about this.

Paying of tithe is a strict obedience to God, it has nothing to do with your pastor. Obeying God shows you love Him and also paves the way for blessings. What the pastor does with the money is his business and he is answerable to God. God sees all and rewards all in due time. You all should know the bible for yourselves, so you don’t get swayed like babes by one doctrine or another; read the bible and you’d know God’s intent and will about tithes.

33. Bee baby

October 26, 2017 at 12:16 pm

First of all, Timi’s account is verified. So who’s freeze again? Again, not everyone has dirt. Not everyone has skeletons in their cupboards. Have we lost our values -social and marital, so much so that we believe ‘dirt’ must always be found? Whatever works for each of us. For you believe works for you. Maybe if Freeze stops trying to push his opinions down the throats of people, he may be able to make impact.

• john

October 27, 2017 at 10:50 am

even sugabelly account is verified… what is ur point