Scoop

#BAAD2017 is in Cape Town for the Week & We’ve Got the Scoop for You!

BellaNaija.com

After an amazing and fun-filled weekend, the #BAAD2017 crew has moved to Cape Town, South Africa, for the week ahead of Banky W and Adesua Etomi‘s white wedding.

Following the shut down of Lagos over the weekend, we can only imagine the exciting adventure that Banky W and Adesua’s closest friends will get up to in the week leading up to the white wedding.

Thankfully, for our BellaNaijarians that are avid fans of the couple, we’ve got a BN team member with the #BAAD2017 crew and you can follow his journey everyday for the next 8 days on @bellanaijaonline.

The pre-#BAAD2017 team, put together by South African Tourism, arrived Cape Town yesterday and today they have been up to quite a few things including visiting Signal Hill and having an impromptu photo shoot, to sightseeing and settling into their African Pride hotel home for the next few days.

Ebuka Obi-Uchendu and wife Cynthia, Dotun Kayode, Olamide Adedeji, Tunde Demuren and more of Banky W’s core group are also already in South Africa.

Check out some photos from their first day below.

***

Arrivals

Wine & Cheese at Signal Hill

Squad!

#BAAD2017

Photo Credit: Kelechi Amadi-Obi | Kola Oshalusi | #MySAExperience

1. Olamide

November 22, 2017 at 10:31 pm

Awww ♥ wishing them a very happy marriage life

• Becca

November 23, 2017 at 2:46 pm

@ chickesalad what you described is the definition of circus show wedding! Wedding by sponsors !!!

2. bruno

November 22, 2017 at 10:48 pm

this is turning into a circus. remember the bigger the wedding the bigger the divorce, I’m just saying.

• Jide

November 22, 2017 at 10:59 pm

Especially from Banky who was so pro-smalll wedding and anti aso ebi and Lagos big wedding…they need to go cool off after this jare. A bit overwhelming

• Asa

November 22, 2017 at 11:04 pm

God forbid your mouth. It’s plain evil to hate on this beautiful union. One suspects your life must be bitter. I’m just saying.

• Biker Chic

November 23, 2017 at 12:44 am

I kinda understand bruno’s pov. Look at Dr. Sid and Simi. That was an expensive jamboree. But, l also get the need to celebrate. Banky just went thru a traumatic period. Furthermore, ya all know the way of naija celebrations, you want one thing but your spouse, friends, family, well wishers etc want something else. So, let us wish them well.

• Chicken Salad

November 23, 2017 at 1:11 am

I cannot wait for the day when dense idiots like you would finally realize that there is zero, absolutely zero correlation between the pomp and pageantry of a wedding and divorce. You need to read and go out more so you will stop talking like an ignorant fool. Did it occur to you that perhaps because of their celebrity status, they got packages for this SA trip and they have to do all this publicity for the sponsors? This couple is the real deal, and they are going to be together forever. If it bothers you so much, please leave BN and go explore other websites. Preferably those that teach critical thinking and logic.

• Joss

November 23, 2017 at 2:02 am

It is becoming ridiculous. Especially for a Bankyw W whose life was so private. Why can’t you do all this without giving people access? Too much. Considering all the marriages breaking up these days, one would expect them to focus on their marriage and not the wedding so much

• She

November 23, 2017 at 8:46 am

I wholeheartedly agree and have nothing useful to add.

3. Drewon

November 22, 2017 at 10:51 pm

Bru bru don’t be herra. U don com again o.

4. Asa

November 22, 2017 at 11:05 pm

Our representative at #baad2017 better stay in front o. Get the best pictures from our wedding.

• Onyinyechukwu

November 22, 2017 at 11:35 pm

[email protected] “our wedding”…you are cwazie!

• Cynical

November 23, 2017 at 9:12 am

Lol….. It is really our wedding o.
      They really look good together, happy married life SuSu and Banky.

• XO

November 23, 2017 at 9:31 am

girl!! our wedding!!!!

5. Papacy

November 22, 2017 at 11:56 pm

After this one they’ll still go for honeymoon again? Nna nawa

6. Mamamia

November 23, 2017 at 12:19 am

So lemme understand this, SA tourism sponsored the wedding or the trip? Let it not be true na, Banky, this is so unlike u, “whattaapun” I genuinely thought the visit to SA would be one of those “Their wedding (Nigerian traditional) Our wedding (white traditional)” , highly coded with few friends and family. Guess I was wrong . So this wedding na proper reality show. It is well. But I will watch sha… after all na our wedding says Asa…

7. Tim Jones

November 23, 2017 at 12:21 am

Nigerians are traveling all over the world for dream weddings.No one wants to wed at home.Why ? cos others built their countries and got rid of corruption. Enjoy Cape Town and hope you enjoy my country .

• Biker Chic

November 23, 2017 at 12:48 am

Not today SATAN!

• Sideeye

November 23, 2017 at 1:13 am

But did you miss the two wedding events they had in Nigeria? or you just want to ignore that for the sake of your silly point?

• Sansarai

November 23, 2017 at 1:43 pm

Oh, oh, oh…so South Africa with its rotten ANC, the thieving Zuma and Guptas that control your economy is corruption free? You don’t mean it…tell me more.

You should be glad for the injection of money this event will make to your economy instead of complaining about their presence in SA. You’re obviously just biased against Nigerians and unnecessarily bitter. Please stay away from BN, lest you choke on your bile!

• Iris

November 23, 2017 at 1:49 pm

Wouldn’t be too quick to jump on the ‘We have no corruption’ boat with your Big Unku Jacob over there, and your country wasn’t exactly built on peace and equality as I’m sure people in the townships will say.
      Nigeria is a hot mess, but at least we can admit it.

• Smackdown

November 24, 2017 at 2:19 am

Actually people get married abroad because it’s cheaper. The guest list is a lot less than what it would be at home.

8. That chic

November 23, 2017 at 12:26 am

Cape Town is beautiful, wish I can get married there myself. Funny I also stayed at African Pride Hotel when I went vacaying with my boyfriend. I absolutely love Cape Town. I hope they wed at winery outside of Cape Town. Maybe Stellenbosch? The views are unreal. And they could stay on for honeymoon because there’s so much to do in Cape Town!

9. eya

November 23, 2017 at 12:42 am

Pls oh BAAD you guys should come back and take toke with you oh cos she has already ordered for her slay gown . It’s not fair oh…she will just commit suicide cos “ain’t no wedding like a tokstar wedding”

• Fizzy

November 23, 2017 at 2:07 pm

You are not funny. If this is a joke it fell flat. DOA.

10. Bee

November 23, 2017 at 12:52 am

what is this one saying

• Smackdown

November 24, 2017 at 2:17 am

Lol Bee ???

11. Jide

November 23, 2017 at 2:07 am

@bike chic the simi and dr sid own I could have called it . Zero chemistry and they just seemed odd. I would not have picked those 2 to marry. Simi wanted fame. Sid wanted the connection

12. Ijay Okris

November 23, 2017 at 2:07 am

Ebuka’s got a VERY solid marriage going for himself. Him and his wife are just so compatible and beautiful together.

• Iyke

November 23, 2017 at 2:31 am

Really???? I don’t think so.

• Jemimah

November 23, 2017 at 3:38 am

Did you write that with a straight face?

• Cocolette

November 23, 2017 at 4:10 am

I agree that they look very beautiful together, almost outshining the bride and groom in that couples picture up there

• Fast cars

November 23, 2017 at 6:30 am

You know nothing.

• Asa

November 23, 2017 at 9:39 am

Biko all of you disagreeing that Ebuka’s marriage is solid, do you people have proof that it is not or is it plain old bile that a handsome guy and a beautiful babe can make it work? Which one is it? Because I know you people, if you had tea una for don dey wag mouth upandan but now when tea no dey, you are content with saying their marriage is not great. How do you know if it is not great? As for me, they look good jare.

• Miss B

November 23, 2017 at 9:42 am

Hmmmn… and how do you know this? Are you Ebuka? More importantly, are you his wife? 🙂

• Dee

November 23, 2017 at 2:04 pm

Minus one like, it’s a mistake

13. anonymous

November 23, 2017 at 5:19 am

So it seems SA tourism sponsored this? It’s okay then.

Banky and Susu can make some money from endorsements as a couple.

That said, these guys are causing trouble. After spending the weekend with Le boo, I kept calling him on Monday after looking at BAAD2017 pictures. During the fourth call (and it was not yet 12 a.m) he goes ‘babes, you know you can tell me anything right. What’s really the problem? How would I have told him BAAD 2017 was making me just want to lie in his arms.

14. Truth-be-told

November 23, 2017 at 6:53 am

Ebuka and wife should take several chill pills. It’s not their day!!!!

• Osa

November 24, 2017 at 11:51 am

I agree. Ebuka is really becoming irritating.
      Acting like he is working on a world development project, only that he’s not. One would have thought he was Banky’s siamese twin. #alaseju

15. mimi

November 23, 2017 at 8:01 am

over exposure….i tot this wedding will be quiet and classy bt mehhnnnn… the noise is too much. sumtymz less is more, hmmmm

16. Tony

November 23, 2017 at 8:41 am

I keep seeing these weddings splashed here and a year or two a different story. Celebrities can enjoy their lives but publicity these days comes with a price. Same forumites clapping here wld be same to throw insults and swears if things go south.

17. Loki

November 23, 2017 at 8:47 am

Could be superstition or it could be a jinx but it almost seems like the bigger the noise made over a marriage, the higher its likelihood to crash and burn,. But then again, Family court is full of Emenike and Ihuoma Nobodygivesafreakingdamnaboutyous who are screaming for a divorce after one year ..so maybe it’s just coincidence.
    There’s just something really appealing about these two. I really hope they break the pattern of celebrity matrimonial disasters. I’m really, really rooting for them.; if only because they seem to really really like each other and that’s hard to find these days.
    And yes, I’m really really aware that I’ve used the word “really” too many times in this post.

18. Cynical

November 23, 2017 at 9:17 am

@ Fast cars, y na.
    You know I hate half and half gist.??

19. XO

November 23, 2017 at 9:37 am

lavish weddings don’t kill marriages. too much publicity don’t either. a marriage will crash if both parties want it to crash…personality issues, incompatible , immaturity, etc etc are some of the reasons marriages crash. poor people divorce too..theirs is even the worst. how can you be poor and be having bad marriage.

all that epistle to say there is nothing wrong with going to Cape Town to have a picturesque white wedding with the people who truly wish you well.

20. Babym

November 23, 2017 at 9:45 am

Abeg some of you should go and sit allllll the way down!! I keep saying this – you have to be a witch to sit down and be waiting to hear bad news about anybody (what else do witches do Biko) are you ppl not tired of the tired line that big weddings must end in divorce??? How can somebodys happiness be biting you, how can u say somebody is celebrating too much???? Mscheew so silly.

Me I’m super happy for this couple ?

21. Aderonke

November 23, 2017 at 9:54 am

In as much as I also do not like big ceremonies too because of the fear of the monitoring spirits we have in our type of society and of course alot of pre & post stress. However, lately I have reassurance more from the scriptures that WE ARE THE LIGHT AND DARKNESS CANNOT COMPREHEND LIGHT, AND BECAUSE HE HAS NOT GIVEN US THE SPIRIT OF FEAR BUT OF POWER & SOUND MIND.
    So, it is not about the ceremony but the people to connect to their foundation and hold on to the creator and anchor of marriage to sustain them,
    BANKY AND ADESUWA YOU ARE LIGHT AND DARKNESS WILL NOT COMPREHEND YOU BOTH, THE ANCHOR WILL SEE YOU BOTH THROUGH. E MA LAST LAGBARA OLORUN! AMIN
    I can’t help but want to see more pictures, it is refreshing to see true love and men beating women to aso-ebi never in the history of Naija weddings!
    Please Bella Naija keep them coming, when we are tired we will let you know! lol
    I prefer to see this true love than wife killing husband or husband killing wife or raping daughter!

NO I rather prefer to see pictures from BAAD 2017 or the next beautiful bride in line; guess You *winks*!

22. TRUTH

November 23, 2017 at 9:59 am

@Chicken Salad… Tnx.! Adesua and Banky W. May God bless and keep u both in the hollow of His hands . Divorce or separation is NEVER your portion in Jesus name amen.

23. Amaka

November 23, 2017 at 11:07 am

It’s a lot o. All I can think is see money….After spending in Lagos they come to South Africa for a week again. And another big event. It is well. My own is coming….

24. Diamond

November 23, 2017 at 11:48 am

We Africans spend too much for weddings. Why can’t we just have a traditional marriage, a simple court marriage, and that’s it? Here, we still spend money for the white man’s wedding because men of God lie to us that our wedding is not whole if we didn’t. And that we must come before God to bless our marriage, as if we went before the devil the first time. If we all agree that a traditional wedding is not satanic, why don’t we do away with the extra white wedding? After all, the whites we copy their tradition don’t do excessive weddings. But if you say it is satanic, then why go through an evil process?
    The good news now is that Igbos don’t compulsory go home for their trad, I have seen a lot getting hitched traditionally in their resident state.

• Mtcheeeeeew

November 23, 2017 at 3:56 pm

Who told you whites don’t do excessive weddings? Kim K’s wedding nko? What about the Lebanese, are they orange or blue people?
      Look, if you don’t want to have an elaborate white wedding, don’t have one. No be by force. But you really can’t dictate to people what they do with their lives!

25. Ej

November 23, 2017 at 12:07 pm

God knows am really happy for them, but bellanaija are u saying that for the next 8 days will see their faces chai anyways congrats to both of them

• Katrina

November 23, 2017 at 1:11 pm

Would you rather see the pictures of Maryam stabbing her poor husband to death?

26. Dee

November 23, 2017 at 12:28 pm

Lol no one should use badbelle and spoil this our national wedding o. Even banky and susu are not allowed to. I am kinda worried about the publicity and social media attention too. I wish them the best.

27. olajumoke

November 23, 2017 at 1:12 pm

Ebuka, We know you love Bubu and Susu..but you are almost outshining them… Take a seat for a while please… because it seems as if it is Ebuka and banky’s wedding altogether. Thank you.

• Fashionista

November 23, 2017 at 8:39 pm

Lmao!! Afi Bubu and Susu na! But I’m with you sha

• Osa

November 24, 2017 at 11:59 am

Ebuka seems to be overshadowing them and just like all in our faces in all the pictures.

28. nina

November 23, 2017 at 1:51 pm

bella you better not post anything on the Esiris, cos you are wayyy too late as always. dont come in here talking about According TOH……..

Yeye blog

Thank God there are better blogs out there to get our up to date news from

29. Hmm

November 23, 2017 at 1:51 pm

I hope the Nigeria’s Minister of Tourism and Culture is watching this, Nigerian’s richest and finest are spending money abroad for weddings and other meaningful things; if you cannot take that as a cue to improve Nigeria in times of infrastructure and resources. then that is deemed a shame.

Nigeria should not just be used as a burial site for rich Nigerians who die abroad.

Congratulations to Adesuwa and Banky

30. Mrs chidukane

November 23, 2017 at 1:59 pm

When I heard the wedding was in SA, I was quite disappointed. Its a beautiful country no doubt but with the Nigerian hate and xenophobic attacks, I don’t think I would want to promote it on my big day no matter how sweet a deal with SA tourism. Their government have never done anything to prevent or bring to justice mobs or police officers who murder Nigerians. It is not only our Government that must speak up, but anyone that has a platform should.

I saw the exposé CNN did on the slave markets in Libya where Africans including Nigerians are sold. At the end, they said they submitted their findings to the UN. A news channel did that with the platform they have. Naija celebs,websites and blogs, what are you doing with your platforms?

• KK

November 23, 2017 at 3:59 pm

My friend, this is an entertainment blog. If you want Libya news go to a serious news blog.

31. BAAD2017 internet warrior

November 23, 2017 at 2:37 pm

By the special grace of God, nothing evil will happen to this union. The haters will wait in vain in Jesus name.

32. bankylover

November 23, 2017 at 5:21 pm

Banky Just take things easy o. You look quite exhausted.
    I know its really fun to be like this but I also need you to be well.

All the best to you and your loved one.

33. tiana

November 23, 2017 at 6:56 pm

nawa oh – how many events for one wedding – everything big big sha.. lets wait and see how long they will last. The bigger the circus , the harder they fall.

• XO

November 24, 2017 at 11:17 am

You will wait in vain!

34. Anonymous

November 23, 2017 at 7:48 pm

Let’s all be fair here, it’s not only Banky getting married, he might be doing this to please MAYBE, his bride or families involved. We really don’t know……

That being said, since we all agree he is a very private person, I doubt we’ll hear a word from them regarding their marriage, after the pomp and pageantry.