Relationships

#AMTheWellingtons: Did You Watch It? Here are THREE Highlights from Banky W & Adesua Etomi’s Wedding Documentary

Adesola Ade-Unuigbe

Hey BellaNaijarians!

Did you watch the two-hour special of our wedding? Yes our wedding ?. I’m talking about the Banky W and Adesua Etomi wedding documentary on AfricaMagic. I watched it and I LOVED it!

I spent the night smiling at my TV set like I had a special investment in the ceremony.

After the teaser was shared a few days ago, I loved watching the show and seeing the camaraderie between the two of them, the love that their friends have for them and the planning that went into them having one of the most amazing wedding ceremonies of 2017. Watching the show made me ask myself – how could we have missed the fact that these two were in a relationship for more than two years?

Our BN rep was at the Cape Town wedding but this documentary really made me feel like I was there personally.

Anyway, here are three highlights – for me – from the show!

***

Getting to “Meet” Adesua

For me, I loved Adesua even before I met her but this documentary gave me a look into her semi-private life. Guys, Adesua is fun and down-to-earth. She’s the kind of girl that dances during fittings, is excited about calling Banky her “husband” and mistakenly reveals the age of her bridesmaid.

She’s us ?.

It was nice to see the wedding from Adesua’s point of view and that was a major highlight for me. It was also nice to meet Adesua’s friends – her MOH and bridesmaids. It was fun to hear about her screaming “I’m engaged” to her best friend of fifteen years in February of 2017 and it was super fun to see her practicing her dance steps while doing her fittings with Toju Foyeh.

I watched the documentary and felt like Adesua was my bestie.

The Fun!!!

There was so much fun at this wedding abeg! I loved how everyone also had a smile on their face: from the couple, to the parents, to the guests. They rocked Lagos and then rocked Cape Town. The rockies were too much…

The Behind-the-Scenes Exposè

The one thing that I really enjoyed about the show was the BTS exposé that I didn’t know I had missed out on. Like, so Banky already suspected Ebuka in this #AgbadaSaga? Or the fact that Banky never esperred Adesua’s dance steps? What of the fact that Adesua’s veil was burnt minutes before she walked down the aisle in SA? (The devil is a liar!!)

So much happened that we did not even see..

If you missed the show, check out the live commentary on @bellanaija’s Twitter page

…and saying a big “Thank You”…

Love like Banky and Adesua ??#BellaNaija #baad2017 #meetthewellingtons

A post shared by BellaNaija (@bellanaijaonline) on

1. el

January 6, 2018 at 11:32 pm

blah blah blah blah……WE haf hear u pple.e yaf do

• mz_titilitious

January 8, 2018 at 11:41 am

as in

• Noni

January 8, 2018 at 8:51 pm

Then why did you bother yourself to click on the article? El oh El.

2. Mrs chidukane

January 7, 2018 at 12:07 am

It was really beautiful to watch. Love how the show didn’t dilly dally like a Nollywood movie. Straight to the point things. When he said he insta stalked her I smiled. Hope when someone who likes you is stalking you he won’t see you begging celebs for shoe and weaves on instagram. Or she won’t see you posting half naked chicks and raunchy pics and quotes, huge turn off for me. Happy married life to the them. They are really in love.

• Fizzy

January 7, 2018 at 3:13 am

Talking of instagram, I am very new to the gram. I notice everybody is a bible quoting gramma, soo who are the evil people in Nigeria?????.

3. Ann

January 7, 2018 at 2:47 am

For those of us not in Naija how do we watch now??:(

• AHausaChickInToronto

January 7, 2018 at 3:12 am

Help me to ask them oh… this DSTV pipuuu don’t know that there are a lot of Africans living outside Africa that are interested in DSTV.. take your kini online Jare, we will pay. How I miss Telemundo, oh my goshhhness

4. locklips

January 7, 2018 at 4:16 am

Please it was badly produced compared to Becoming Mrs. Jones. Such shoddy work, bad lighting and terrible scripting. Thank God the charming couple because they helped ease the pain of sitting trough that terrible production. They basically were the only reason to watch

5. Jemimah

January 7, 2018 at 4:43 am

I miss Zeeworld more. I hope the documentary can be viewed on youtube soon.

6. Mo!

January 7, 2018 at 8:05 am

You can actually watch dstv programmes online, just get someone who has an account with them, download dstvnow from app world (IOS n android) and follow the steps.

7. GYOnlineNG.COM

January 7, 2018 at 11:47 am

I wish them well…

8. Temi

January 7, 2018 at 5:50 pm

Well, her dress did get ripped before the wedding in The Wedding Party ?

• Fey!

January 8, 2018 at 7:42 am

my thoughts exactly

9. Uju

January 7, 2018 at 7:17 pm

Now that this is over and done with and we have moved on where will boring twofaced bellanaija get content for 2018 that’ll bring them traffic dollars ????????

• Teetee

January 7, 2018 at 8:20 pm

These people?
      They will milk this Wellington’s train..
      The Wellington’s get pregnant
      The Wellington’s have a baby
      The Wellington’s baby goes to school
      The Wellington’s on baby 2
      Ebuka wears another show stealing agbada to baby dedication

They will shove these people down our throats for the next 60 years
      Hope their marriage survives the over exposure.
      I loves both of them in the beginning now I’m getting sick of them

10. Teetee

January 7, 2018 at 8:20 pm

Loved

11. Mamamia

January 7, 2018 at 8:40 pm

Where he talked about having the spiritual and physical… hmmmm… Banks??? We all know what happened after Rihanna’s work dance… But erm totally unrelated, ? does being spiritual allows for one to have sex before marriage?

• Asa

January 7, 2018 at 9:59 pm

We don’t all know what happened after the dance abeg. Maybe after the dance they went home and imagined what would happen after the wedding. Biko in 2018, let us give everyone the benefit of doubt.

12. Mamamia

January 7, 2018 at 8:44 pm

And I also didn’t mention how much I loved their chemistry, you can tell they are friends before anything else… Wish you guys all the best Banky and Adesuwa Wellington…

13. BerylLinus

January 8, 2018 at 10:23 pm

Wow this is so much fun!…..