Music

Don’t ask me how I made my money – Ubi Franklin

BellaNaija.com

Don't ask me how I made my money - Ubi Franklin - BellaNaija

TripleMG boss Ubi Franklin has criticized people who are curious about how people made their money.

In a post on his Instagram, the entrepreneur wrote:

Very Annoying when people ask questions like “how did he make his money” “where him carry money from” Why do you want to know how He/she made Money? There is a fundamental issue here and we need to fix it starting from The Youths of our dear Nation.
We tend to hold hardworking young men accountable and forget we have people who we all elected into power and going by what they earn officially cannot afford the lifestyle they live.
So don’t ask me questions Cos your money no dey miss ????.

See the post below:

Living & Celebrating the African Dream! Catch all the Scoop on www.bellanaija.comFollow us Twitter: @bellanaija Facebook: @bellanaija Instagram: @bellanaijaonline

1. Mrs chidukane

January 12, 2018 at 3:58 pm

Nothing wrong with asking how someone made their money. Unless you have something to hide. Its not a bad question.

2. Lilo

January 12, 2018 at 4:29 pm

What money bih? ? What money ? ? ?

3. Lilo

January 12, 2018 at 4:30 pm

What money bih? ? What money ? ? ?

• Mimi

January 12, 2018 at 11:19 pm

My dear ask again! What money biko?

4. Gem

January 12, 2018 at 4:30 pm

Ooh…I feel it’s actually a dull question to ask, except you are asking it and wondering it in your head.
    It’s accusing because you are already askin g with the premise that the person meddles in illegal.and dishonest businesses.

And it’s also misdirected like he wrote. It’s a right question for Nigerian politicians. Nobody else owes us nada. They should be our servants. So what exactly do they do? How and why do they ever earn?

5. Damilola

January 12, 2018 at 5:15 pm

Anyone who is uncomfortable with that question means he/she is not forthright with what they do. Of course, it will annoy someone like Ubi Franklin because his finance has always been questionable.
    Only in Nigeria do we celebrate millionaires, billionaires yet nothing to account for it. People throwing money left right and center, buying luxurious cars, houses but don’t even know what he/she does.
    Knowledge is power. You don’t need to give details, but simple responses such as I work in real estate, I sell clothes/food/hair, I manage artists etc

6. Sherri

January 12, 2018 at 5:27 pm

It’s called accountability Dude!!

• Mariam

January 12, 2018 at 6:05 pm

Accountability to whom???? The people you lot voted into office you never hold accountable. Nigerian youths please focus on the right things. Private individuals dont owe you nada. But public officials definitely!

7. godwin

January 12, 2018 at 5:37 pm

In Europe and other parts of the world,,the first question people ask you when they meet you is how you earn your living. They want to know if they are dealing with a criminal or not so it is a very valid question to ask.
    Basically, he reckons this question should only apply to politicians? Wow!

8. bliss

January 12, 2018 at 5:57 pm

All this guy’s showoff on the gram is just to update Lilian on what he thinks she is missing.
    mbok, never ever marry out of pity.

• Mimi

January 13, 2018 at 1:16 am

From the looks of it
      One Gazillion dollars will still not make Lillian go back to him. That tells you the depth. I’ve never seen Lilian so beautiful healthier and million times happier (it’s all in her eyes, eyes don’t lie).

9. Deleke

January 12, 2018 at 6:18 pm

Its a valid question sir and if you truly wanna influence and motivate our youths, then your source of wealth should be open for all to see. Answer the question cos inquiring minds wanna know

10. Ashie

January 12, 2018 at 10:09 pm

@bliss pls who pited who?

11. Mamamia

January 12, 2018 at 11:51 pm

But what he does is scattered all over instagram now, and quite irritating sometimes if I might add. Instead of asking such questions why not enquire how profitable venturing into a buisness like his is, the risk factors etc He owes no one nada except you two do buisness together. The government, on the other hand owes that much to you.

• Lizzie

January 15, 2018 at 12:34 pm

The question isn’t what he does now but how did he make the money has has now invested in those visible hustles on instagram. If someone makes money from scamming others and invests in a petrol station are you going to say he made money from oil & gas?
      If he’s all clear I don’t see how this question should be problematic.

12. tony

January 13, 2018 at 12:54 am

Abeg go take several seats… Do something about Tonyes career… dey there dey decieve yaself!!

• yu

January 14, 2018 at 10:12 am

Gosh, I almost forgot that girl exists. Ok, I forgot, sue me! Are you sure she’s still a part of his label? I thought he had only Teckno.

13. Bola

January 13, 2018 at 4:44 am

Someone once said it and I’ve realized its true.
    Ask Nigerians for marriage advice, they will give you book chapters and epistles. Ask them how they made their money, they go mute.

• Mz Socially Awkward....

January 15, 2018 at 12:59 am

?????

El Oh El….. & so true.

14. Iika

January 13, 2018 at 4:57 am

Pls for this of us who do not live in Nigeria, could someone help to mention some of the acts under the triple Mg label.

I understand it is a re old label!

• yu