News

#TimesUp: Former OAU Lecturer accused of Sexual Harrasment

BellaNaija.com

Following Oprah Winfrey‘s explosive speech at the Golden Globe Awards last night, a Facebook User, Funke Dezarn has decided to call out a former lecturer of the Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU), Ile-Ife, Francis Fakoya on charges of sexual harrassment.

She claimed that Fakoya was in the habit of failing female students unless they slept with him. She wrote:

Oprah’s speech on Golden Globe tonight inspired me to post this.

“Dr.Med.Dr” Francis Andy Fakoya of Anatomy Department OAU Ife-Ife,Nigeria , you destroyed many young lives through your sexual harassments. As that was not enough, you used your power as a teacher to Medical Students, to fail any student that refused you. Some of the student victims repeated the class, some like me were lucky to have just a resit, while some were thrown out of Medical school. I chose to say NO to you and you failed me in Anatomy 2 times (Part 2 and Part 3), which are the only failures I have on my transcript!!! I remember your words to me both times, a day before both exams, “Agree to sleep with me or you fail and resit the exam”.
Wherever you are tonight, for all the lives you affected negatively, TIME’S UP!!!

#metoo #Goldenglobe #Timesup #Oprahthankyou

Pls share this post as many times as can until this message gets to him! He destroyed too many lives.

Some comments under the post also confirmed the allegations sharing their own stories:

1. Oma

January 8, 2018 at 11:45 pm

Oh yes! I’m supporting this. Read that the said lecturer is “valuable” in his current place of employment. Osetigo! Those the gods want to kill they first make mad.

2. Damilola

January 9, 2018 at 12:09 am

??? Thank you, Funke Dezarn for your boldness and courage. Yes, say the name. No room to hide. God will continue to protect and bless you. This is the step we need in this journey. Not only are we saying metoo but exposing them. Let us put faces to the names.
    As for Fakoya, wherever you are right now, I hope you are not able to sleep bcos the faces, voices of these women shall continue to hunt you. You will never find peace. Just like how you’ve ruined the lives of many young women, your own life will be completely shattered and ruined.
    OAU, shame on you. You chose evil.
    Nothing can top integrity.

3. Ajala & Foodie

January 9, 2018 at 12:22 am

Yup #timesup. It is time we started speaking up and out in our Country and begin to hold this piece of God’s creation responsible for their actions.

• Mz Socially Awkward.....

January 9, 2018 at 10:42 am

“Piece of God’s creation”….. I love it. 🙂

How’re you doing?

4. Ijebujesha

January 9, 2018 at 6:03 am

As much as this expose should be applauded by all right thinking persons, it baffles me that Nigerians always have to wait for Americans to act in some way/throw up an issue before they (Nigerians) find their voice on same/similar issue. I just don’t understand.

• Dee

January 9, 2018 at 7:30 am

Eku understanding..Keep trying to understand!

5. CrazyWorld

January 9, 2018 at 7:15 am

I believe her. One girl I was close to once told a lecturer that was harassing her that i was her boyfriend and she wouldn’t want to do cheat on me. The man failed us both and I had to re-sit a 4 unit course 3 times. I do not know if she later agreed or not but I eventually passed with a D and she also passed that same year.

That thing really messed up my CGPA. I and the girl kind of became enemies but now I see I have been wrong. This kind of touched me sha. I wish I could apologize to her for causing more issues in the face of the harrasment she faced.

6. courage!

January 9, 2018 at 8:03 am

Courage!
    Professor Jideonwo, dept. Of chemistry, uniben, time is up! … stop harassing every light-skinned lady that passes through that department … your next stupid move and your ass is going down

• Dame

January 9, 2018 at 11:54 am

All Uniben lectureres sef.

all management sciece lectures from Oriakhi to Ilaboya Tto CJ …cannt remember all their sleazy names all of them…GOD WILL PUNISH YOU AND YOURS

7. BlueEyed

January 9, 2018 at 8:13 am

BN post the photo of the scumbag of an idiot let the world see the face of a foolish predator and be weary of putting him in any place of power. Their time is up!

8. Ec

January 9, 2018 at 8:13 am

Name and shame. Good for you. Now we have to make sure the university take a action and not push it under the carpet

9. OAU medschool graduate

January 9, 2018 at 8:46 am

I am so glad you chose to speak up Funke Dezarn ! It’s high time we break the culture of silence ! A lot of lives have been directly and indirectly destroyed by these in humane lecturers . We want Justice! We need to expose them for the sake of our kids and generations yet unborn ! Kudos! Thanks for sharing!

10. John

January 9, 2018 at 10:10 am

Good..this is what I am talking about and was arguing with one fish brain here…..I hate lecturers that does this with passion…I saw that first -hand with alot of my female course-mates who were very close to me. One of the lecturer later died of HIV ..his wife later died too of the same HIV( that was the only painful part of that scenario).. ..that is why even though I am harsh on women but once you mention cheating and said your husband or wife sleeps around ..I will tell you to run bcos if you don’t , OYO is your case. Even the bible recognises cheating as the only cause of divorce…My father even offered the bungalow at the back of our house to the woman ( who is a secondary teacher) to leave the husband but she refused ( fish brain )..That HIV lecturer is my Distant Uncle from my mother’s side….I am taking care of one of her children here with me.One aunt took the other one..lecturers are worse than police men in my view.

• IQ

January 9, 2018 at 10:56 am

John, in all of this your rant, somehow you don’t deem the erring MALE lecturer a “fish brain”.
      Or is your favorite insult restricted to the female gender?

By the way, it’s “I hate lecturers that DO this”. Not “does”.

John with the fish and fishy brain.

• Engoz

January 9, 2018 at 3:44 pm

So in essence, your ‘conviction’ and ‘belief of the story” is because you have had first hand experiences? I’m certain if you had no experiences you would be shitting everywhere in disbelief like a mongrel with explosive diarrhea syndrome. Olodo rabata!

• Udegbunam Chukwudi

January 15, 2018 at 8:56 pm

Which one is HIV Lecturer again? It’s 2018 fa! Receive sense

11. Abs

January 9, 2018 at 11:26 am

Since it’s call out season dr Aluko of estate management dept OAU should not be left out he messed up my GP but am glad I never settled for him.

• Finally

January 9, 2018 at 11:59 am

The most annoying thing about the deptartment is that’s where u’ll find so many “Pastors”..it’s so traumatizing, I still thank God everyday for seeing me through even though I didn’t graduate with a good grade.

• Teemah

January 11, 2018 at 8:16 am

My husband also told me tales about this same baba Aluko… he has indeed wrecked lots of students

• Zig

January 20, 2018 at 9:57 pm

Thank God for this. Karma is ready to strike! Prof. Aluko Estate Mgt OAU is an he-goat with his serious body odour, he killed so many dreams then far back as 2005. Even we guys were not left out. Then if a guy is close any girl then its straight extra.

12. Finally

January 9, 2018 at 11:53 am

yes o, their time is up..this whole thing messed up my GP..I still have a little phobia for any school like institution..They are soo many in OAU estate management..the most notorious is Professor Bioye Tajudeen Aluko(very shameless old goat), Dr. Odebode too. Please these kind of animals have messed up and changed the course of too many lives. Their time is up

13. Truth-be-told

January 9, 2018 at 11:59 am

Dear Ijebujesha, Americans do not have to start first and others follow. One courageous, inspirational woman gave her the strength to speak up and that is all that matters. She probably kept it all bottled up for so long that it took just a little push from a female figure to give her the courage to open up. I am disgusted when old fools make unsolicited sexual advances at girls their children’s and grand children’s ages. It just makes me sick. My thoughts are with you all.

14. o

January 9, 2018 at 12:42 pm

Obisi of IRPM dept unilag. Randy goat. I hope you have changed. Dude was trying his luck with me. Stood my ground. Unfortunately I took ill and missed his exam. He refused a resit, saying I must give in. I had to involve my parents to plead with him

15. victim

January 9, 2018 at 2:45 pm

Summary of Accused sexual assualtors

> Professor Jideonwo, dept. Of chemistry, uniben
    > Francis Andy Fakoya, OAU Ife-Ife
    > Dr Aluko, dept estate management dept OAU
    > Obisi of IRPM dept unilag
    > Dr. Odebode, OAU

I encourage everyone male or female to name and shame these mostly men that corrupt their position of power for their sexual gratifications.

They are the indirect reason why young graduates find it difficult to get jobs as employers no longer trust the integrity of degrees at Nigerian public/federal universities.

Please add to this thread by naming and shaming these sexual miscreants………

16. Damilola

January 9, 2018 at 6:33 pm

Can we please continue to list the names? Most importantly, post their photos as well.
    Thank you to the women who have boldly put the names out.

17. Einstein

January 9, 2018 at 11:01 pm

Dr Aderounmu of the department of Computer Science and Engineering, OAU; your time’s up too. Unfortunately, you’re the president of Nigeria Computer Society http://www.ncs.org.ng
    Someone with a randy history like you should not be celebrated. Dr Aluko of Estate Mgt was your accomplice then, You were both terrorizing female students from Saki (your hometown too). The wicked shall know no peace.

18. Pat

January 10, 2018 at 1:13 pm

KUDOS Girl!!!
    Not just lecturers abusers fit into any box eg

Fathers, Step Father, Mothers, Step Mothers
    Brothers, Sisters
    Uncles, Aunts
    Trusted caretakers
    Friends
    Bosses

All YOU pedophiles and sex offenders (MALE and FEMALE), TIMES UP!!!! Your names and photographs are coming up.