News

“Yeah, I’ll beat Oprah” if she runs for President – Donald Trump

"Yeah, I'll beat Oprah" if she runs for President - Donald Trump

Donald Trump (Photo by Olivier Douliery-Pool/Getty Images)

US President Donald Trump has said he believes he’ll defeat Oprah Winfrey if she runs for president in 2020.

Following Oprah’s empowering speech at the Golden Globes, social media has been abuzz with people asking that she run for president.

Her best friend Gayle King has said she is intrigued by the idea of running.

Trump, speaking to reporters, said he knows Oprah “very well,” and although she’ll “be a lot of fun,” he’ll “beat her.”

Watch him speak below:

Photo Credit: Olivier Douliery-Pool/Getty Images

1. Ottawa Queen

January 9, 2018 at 9:53 pm

He thinks Russia will aid in his win this time around…see his mouth! No one will vote for you if you re-run! Keep deceiving urself.

• Abk

January 9, 2018 at 10:03 pm

That’s exactly what people said when he was contesting that he won’t win, an he won.

• Ottawa Queen

January 10, 2018 at 1:27 am

But it’s different now he’s in power. With the way his government is running the country, I strongly doubt Americans and the electoral college would want to repeat that terrible mistake they made!

• Abk

January 10, 2018 at 3:35 am

There was nothing like a terrible mistake. I am not a fan of Trump or Clinton either. This was a situation of “choosing between two devils”. They damn sure well knew the kind of person he was before voting for him.

• zee

January 10, 2018 at 3:11 pm

LMAO. please why won’t he win if he decides to run a second time? Do you realize this guy is living up to his promises? Creating employment, recent rise in the stock market etc… Do you really know what is happening or you are just watching cnn and fooling yourself?

2. Patty boo

January 9, 2018 at 10:30 pm

A man with so much self confidence, what everyone needs.

3. Bowl

January 9, 2018 at 11:14 pm

Oh but I believe you. She doesn’t stand a chance against you. Whenever a woman would lead America, she would come in the manner of Benezir Bhutto : a champion ordained by God to subdue nations.Not the usual American man made package like Opera. Make una no stone me o !

• wifematerial

January 10, 2018 at 12:56 am

man made?

• Californiabawlar

January 10, 2018 at 3:13 am

Afi Opera na ?

• Ajala & Foodie

January 10, 2018 at 3:21 am

American made man? just curious what you mean by that? Did America somehow manufacture Oprah? was she not born just like you and me? That she was born and raised in the US makes her less of a champion than who? you or one born in Pakistan? Did she not work hard for her success like Ms. Bhutto? Really trying to understand the sentiment/reasoning behind your statement. I also wonder when people make statement like yours “A champion ordained by God”, so you now know who God has ordained as a champion? Isn’t it interesting that the people God has always used as “Champions” are people we tend to overlook? I don’t know that Oprah is going to even run, not to mention winning but statements like yours bother me, because instead of coming out with our dislike and be honest about them and our feelings, we wrongly bring God into it. God ordained champion my backside!!!

• IQ

January 10, 2018 at 9:49 am

@Bowl

Repeat after me…
      OPRAH not OPERA…again?!
      OPRAH not OPERA…again?!
      OPRAH not OPERA.

4. Bowl

January 10, 2018 at 8:09 am

I am sorry Ajala and foodie,, for your crass understanding ! But kings are born and not made. The American system has so sold the lie to us that hard work is everything ( hard work is very very important in any case )and it is the reason, it spins man made champions all over the place e.g. Beyoncé. Opera, Obama and the countless mordern day artist with zero talents. Pls compare Tracy Chapman to Beyoncé. It may help you understand. Nobody has been able reproduce Tracy Chapman’s voice .No other system on this planet spins man made greatness like America. I am actually in awe of them for this. They have been able to subdue this planet by this very means.
    Fact I am stating here is that I long for The Napoleons Bonapartes, Vladimir Putins, Margaret Thatchers of this world. These , were born kings. For a hundred kings may pass through a dynasty but only one of them is a true king. The rest are human designates. They sustain their leadership by their own fire. But kings appointed by God , draw their fire from Him. The thing about this kind fire is that it never finishes. As a matter of fact it becomes vintage by the day : it is divine and eternal.
    Of all the current traditional rulers in Nigeria, only Sanusi and Igwe Iweka are aristocrats: the rest are Agberos.
    Your Opera will just be like Obama and will be sold to the world by the usual American sensationalism!
    I rest ny case here . You did not pay for the lecture !

• ceetoo

January 10, 2018 at 8:56 am

Please all I ask is : can you help us identify this God made / Born King for Nigeria come 2019? Even if he had reigned before biko we dont mind, we will vote for him/her.

• Mamamia

January 10, 2018 at 11:08 am

People like you always think your understanding of the dynamics of the world are actual fact. Lies! it is just your school of thought from a bunch of other theories read/learnt . Putin and Margret born leaders? Explain this to me please. And what was so bad about Obama? His heart? I really don’t get it. Same thing someone was telling me one time about how Mandela and Diana are only being sold to the world and ain’t shit… see ehn sometimes intelligence can be a disease if you have to debate everything including the fact that good people should clearly be celebrated and an Oprah is one of them whether she is sensationalized by the American system or not. And please as asked before let us in on our born leaders in Nigeria so we won’t bother voting for any other but them… mtcheeew

• Oma

January 10, 2018 at 12:52 pm

Nne m, welu nwayoo na enye anyi “Opera” music here bikonu. It is Oprah please

• Ajala & Foodie

January 10, 2018 at 3:39 pm

Crass understanding? Ah I laugh!!! Putin a God called leader. That draws fire from God (i am guessing you are very much present when all of these takes place). Interesting how you boldly speak like you are God himself on said issue. You think my issue is about hard work? Go read my comment again and let your “crass understanding” take a back seat and try to assimilate and truly understand what I have written. Like I said what makes the so called people you believe are “God ordained” better or different from the “Operas”? You think Beyonce is “more hardworking” than even say Asa (not to go too far)? I sure don’t think so. My issue with your comment still remains you think with your limited knowledge you now have the know how to dictate who is God called or ordained, because your likes or dislikes align with certain individuals or personalities. And for your quote “Kings are born not made”, if anything supports my school of thought, that Oprah had to work for her wealth and fame has not stopped her from being who she is today, does that translate to not bring born a king? Or not being a God made champion? That Beyonce may not be as talented as Tracy Chapman and many others (I am even one of those that thinks Kelly Roland has more talent than Bey) not only does not have anything to do with hard work but maybe just maybe they are the ones that are God made Champions, you want to know why? Because the defy logic, without the talent, without the silver spoon and yet are considered royalty. Let me spell this out to you with my small minded, crass understanding…leave God out of it, who you see as a messaiah is usually another’s nemesis and there in lies the limitation of mankind. A God Champion is not dictated by what aligns to Bowl’s belief system or likes or dislikes.

5. Bowl

January 10, 2018 at 11:24 am

Sorry Oprah

6. the truth

January 10, 2018 at 11:25 am

Y’all better worry about who’s gonna run y’all’s country. In 2019 yo!

7. Bowl

January 10, 2018 at 4:04 pm

@mamamia , yes my understanding of world’s dynamics are actual facts . I think you should sit down and be taught! And rest of your minions screaming ‘ Opera ‘ don’t drown in your mucus while you snort !