Scoop

Ellen DeGeneres gives Audience $1 million to Split

BellaNaija.com

Ellen DeGeneres. (Photo by C Flanigan/Getty Images)

It’s a new high for gift giving on TV show “Ellen” as host Ellen DeGeneres, in celebration of her birthday, gave her audience $1 million to split, Daily Mail reports.

Ellen, who is celebrating her 60th birthday with a 2-day extravaganza, has all season long been carrying out acts of charity termed the Million Acts of Good campaign.

The campaign has been in conjunction with Cheerios, and to present the day’s gifts, she brought out a giant box of Cheerios. She said:

I want to take a moment first of all to say everybody in the audience is here for a special reason

All season long, I partnered with Cheerios to encourage people to do one million acts of good and if you’re here in my audience, you helped us reach that goal.

Cheerios is sponsoring my two-day birthday extravaganza because they know there’s no better way for me to celebrate my birthday than to share it with people like you. Thank you so much. You’re all good, wonderful people.

Members of the audience included a man who quit his job to start a sanctuary for farm animals; a couple who with their money drove 800 miles to deliver supplies during Hurricane Harvey; and a teacher who donated a kidney to a student’s mom just 3 weeks prior. Ellen continued:

Thanks to every single person in this audience, it is filled with goodness and we have reached one million acts of good because of all of you. So, I wanna do something that we’ve never done before.

Hold onto your Cheerios because all of you are splitting one million dollars! That’s a lot of money!

Photo Credit: C Flanigan/Getty Images

1. Elleven45

February 2, 2018 at 12:34 pm

I met a girl here on Bellanaija 2015, we’ve been good friends since then, though yet to meet due to distance, but I’m excited I will meet her soon and sure share it with you guys.

• Mannie

February 2, 2018 at 12:39 pm

It’s sweet and all, but….what has that got to do with this piece?

• Bleed Blue

February 2, 2018 at 1:31 pm

@Mannie LOL! Derailing is allowed once in a while jare; and I think the innocent excitement in his comment is refreshing.

@Eleven45 we’re waiting for the feedback. Or at least I am 🙂

2. Chu

February 2, 2018 at 1:21 pm

@Mannie why the hate, its not like there is a post specially created for sharing news on bella, he is just excited. be happy for him.
    Congrats dude, hope it turns out well.

3. Chic

February 2, 2018 at 1:57 pm

I love Ellen like…. she’s so adorable.

4. Benny

February 2, 2018 at 11:36 pm

I have always said that you are special Ellen. This is a rare act of generosity I hope I get my own share of this money as your number one fan from this part of the world. I really need help Ellen and any amount will be of help. God bless you Ellen.