Scoop

Georgina Onuoha reveals past ordeal with In-Laws on daughter’s 11th Birthday

Georgina Onuoha reveals her ordeal with In-Laws 10 years ago as her daughter clocks 11 Today

Nollywood actress and skincare entrepreneur Georgina Onuoha is celebrating with her daughter Nicole today as she clocks 11 years on earth today.

She took that time to reveal what happened around the time she gave birth to Nicole.

Georgina revealed that her in-laws never wanted her to marry Nicole’s father and went to great lengths to make sure of that.

She wrote on her Instagram page;

1 and 11.. how time flies..
Lord I am humbled.Thank you for your many blessings upon her life. Lord you favored me and blessed me with the most gracious daughter in the household of the igwegbe’s. Despite the many battles from the enemies of Igwegbe’s household, you showed me mercy and gave me strength. I became a mom in the midst of a raging storm“ . I was threatened constantly that “you will never marry my brother, you will never be a mom, you will be barren, i will kill you, I will rather die than have you bear my brother kids or step your foot in my father’s house , you and your children will be bastards”. For no just cause.. Simply because I was an actor, I was dragged to every police station in Lagos, assassins were constantly sent to my home. I was shamed on every national News paper/tabloids like a common thief and was made an object of caricature because I was in love with your father as he did me. My crime was wanting to settle down like every other young woman. Through it all, I remained silent and pleaded my case before God. You o lord covered my shame and gave your final judgement. You blessed me with Chigozie and it’s been endless blessings since then. Lord continue to silence every roaring lion and enemies of our household. May every stone thrown at us be the solid rock upon which we build our foundation. May your grace never depart from her for she brought me comfort, peace and many blessings. Continue to protect her from all who have been fighting tirelessly to deny her her due place in her father’s home and the joy of growing up with her father like every girl deserves. Chigozie Being your mom was the best Job I ever had and continue to do till the day I close my eyes in perfect peace. I ?you child of mine.
Happy 11th Birthday Nicole ?????????
We love you and are proud to be your parents ????

Photo Credit: @georginaonuoha

1. SS

March 21, 2018 at 9:32 pm

IS THIS STORY NECESSARY….NO…..HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABY GIRL..MORE BLESSINGS.

• 9ja

March 21, 2018 at 10:36 pm

Thank you. That was most first instinctive reaction as well, but everyone wants to feed social media these days (and no attention is regarded as a bad one). The best thing for this little girl is that BOTH parents play a quality part in her life. No disrespect, but your own hurt feelings are relatively unimportant. It’s not by force to be someone’s partner (and having a baby together does not change that), but every parent (regardless of whether or not they like the other parent) is obligated to fully support their child – emotionally, materially and otherwise – and both parents should not do anything at all (including crappy posts like these) to derogate from that.

2. Marvel

March 21, 2018 at 10:27 pm

Nobody asked you if the story was necessary or not. Since you get the art of protocol and manners, why not wish the girl a Happy Birthday and move along? Who am I to teach another how to give their testimony? I will NOT enter into any type of relationship with any man who keeps thugs as family members.

• passingby

March 22, 2018 at 8:46 am

@Marvel i was thinking the same thing ( on your last sentence) did the husband just stand by and watch you go through hell to Fight for your place in his home . Any man that will stand by and watch you go through emotional abuse from his family is not a supportive husband and dont be surprised if he treats you like a door mat. Nigerian women know your worth and ask for its value.

3. Dayo

March 22, 2018 at 12:25 am

@Marvel, when she put her story in the PUBLIC realm, she invited PUBLIC reaction…

4. TheRealist

March 22, 2018 at 12:55 am

MARVEL, but isn’t your last sentence that part of the issue here? Forget relationship (we all make mistakes and kiss the occasional frog), she should know the dude she’s trying to have and raise a baby with. And while some folks can have relationships that does (and imho should not) involve their families, this dude was/is so obviously not that sort of dude – again, something she should have known. Anyway, not trying to blame the ‘victim’ here but these sorts of issues often predictably follow desperation.

5. Bokun

March 22, 2018 at 5:36 pm

Nigerian women sha! when it comes to securing that golden crown of mrs someborrie dem no dey fear evil. Some will literally walk through the valley of shadow of death and even wrestle with death to just answer Mrs Somebody as if they were Nobody before. its a shame. Happy birthday little girl.

6. xqsyou

April 1, 2018 at 12:14 pm

Or maybe it was a case of her being madly in love and couldn’t let go of the man, despite seeing the obvious “disaster in the making” ahead. E no easy sometimes. Let’s cut her some slack….