News

I live in fear for my life – Dino Melaye petitions IG, International Bodies

I live in fear for my life - Dino Melaye petitions IG, International Bodies - BellaNaijaSenator representing Kogi West District Dino Melaye has alarmed the Inspector General of Police, along with several international bodies, over an alleged threat to his life, Punch reports.

Melaye, through his lawyers, Messrs Ricky Tarfa and Co., petitioned the IG Ibrahim Idris, UN, Amnesty International, Transparency International, and the Human Rights Watch.

He also petitioned the Ambassadors of United States, Germany, Canada, and the High Commissioner of the United Kingdom in Nigeria.

Melaye alleged that there are plans by “political enemies” to murder him.

Officers with the Kogi State Police Command are colluding with his enemies, he continued.

Dino Melaye asked that the Inspector General of Police form a “neutral” team of police officers to investigate the allegations of gunrunning made against him by the Kogi State Police Command in cohorts with the Kogi State Government.

He also asked that the international bodies petitioned help fight to ensure his fundamental human rights. He wrote:

As things stand, I live each day in constant and reasonable fear for my life, looking over my shoulders and being harassed by the named politicians.

The Police are willing tools in the hands of these politicians.

I am a law-abiding citizen who voluntarily submitted himself before the FCT High Court to answer charges which, I know are unsustainable.

However, the situation I am in right now gives me a reason to believe that the law enforcement agencies, particularly the police, are in cohorts with my political enemies and can even go to the extent of terminating my life extra-judicially.

I therefore seek your intervention in the circumstances to ensure that my fundamental human rights which both Nigeria and your countries are party to are guaranteed and my life protected.

1. Deleke

March 26, 2018 at 11:12 am

Ajekun iya ni o je

• Fleur

March 27, 2018 at 8:30 pm

Yeah dino. Response letter from foreign government you called for help.
      Dear dino,
      thank you for contacting us during your time of need. We are humbled. At this time we have reviewed your case and determined your circumstances are not unique from that of the other 100+ Nigerians living in dire straits with risk of death by robbers, kidnappers and assassins hanging over their heads daily. Your circumstances may be more pronounced because of your display of acute wealth on social media. You may have attracted the persistent vice kings. Since your plight is no different from that of the average Nigerian or an orange seller, we see no pressing cause to issue you asylum or to intervene. We have checked and could not find any post-elected office records of advocacy for causes that would make you a target of corrupt government such as healthcare for all, job creation,
      ending corruption etc. We believe you are now exposed to normal life in nigeria. It had to happen someday. What we can recommend is that you transfer all your wealth to one of our banks for safe keeping. You should liquidate your fancy cars and other flashy assets to give off the impression of living like those who surround you. Research shows that you are likely to face less threats if you look and live like those around you. Also feel free to use the visa we issued you to come for vacations for some reprieve from the threat of violence. We’d be glad to connect you to some of our very exclusive stores and designers to make your shopping therapy experience worthwhile. We actually have some very classy wakanda costumes you may want to try on for the world bank fall meeting. We can also offer you security for your home and all your values in our country while you are in nigeria pretending to be one of the unlucky ones. It’d be a nominal fee of a few thousand euros per month but we know you are gracious enough to handle the Bill. Take care and thanks for thinking about us. By the way we heard prayers work. You may want to ramp that up because it is our understanding that divine intervention is the most effective measure against poverty-fueled vices. Looking forward to your visit soon. Stay safe and woke

• Fleur

March 27, 2018 at 8:32 pm

….The other 100 million +….

2. Seriously

March 26, 2018 at 12:49 pm

Dino is a victim now? So, we are supposed to feel sorry for these thieves. When he was flaunting his luxurious cars, dressing like an idiot, he wasn’t in fear.

3. Mama

March 26, 2018 at 12:59 pm

Oga, so do millions of Nigerians. Your life isn’t more special than anyone else’s.

4. Anon

March 26, 2018 at 3:42 pm

This is akin to when the hunter becomes the hunted.

5. Elle

March 26, 2018 at 5:49 pm

Who cares?! Mscheeew

6. OA

March 26, 2018 at 6:12 pm

Agbaya! Very useless man.

7. Freemind

March 26, 2018 at 6:14 pm

Ah! Nigerians are stupid (some) . I can’t believe the previous comments. He flaunt his wealth, biko, is he the one that demanded for that paycheck? How and when was he the hunter? Nne/nna, Dino’s life is far important thàn a dog who can not speak for himself. If Nigerians keep condemning senators who left their comfort zone to fight for them, biko who will speak for you??? Slot of Dino’s aide will be mocking him right now and pple like the abv comments will scare those who are willing to confront buhari. Your comments end here but Dino’s voice can reach far and wide. If u won’t support his just plz, don’t discourage it.

• omomo

March 26, 2018 at 9:53 pm

welcome Dino ..sorry I mean freemind..so you also browse blog commentary to see how far with you campaign ..you are a piece of work

• Nahum

March 27, 2018 at 3:59 am

Dino abeg shut up and stop making noise like a drunken pig. You look like one and probably smell like one too. You should be afraid for your life. All the money you have chopped, thousands of Nigerians have died for that fat salary of yours. Thief!!! Nobody will fight for you, even the UN and Amnesty International know the kind of animal you are.

8. Simi

March 26, 2018 at 10:05 pm

Olodo! Just say you want to port. Copying foreign consuls.

9. OA

March 27, 2018 at 3:39 am

Fighting for who? Trust me, a person who carries himself the way Dino Melaye carries himself, speaks, takes foolish pictures wearing studs and shine shine is not fighting for anyone but his own pockets. I usually don’t say mean things about people on the Internet, but as for this guy, I will talk because he’s a disgrace to democracy!