News

Arsene Wenger to leave Arsenal after 22 Years in Charge

Arsene Wenger to leave Arsenal after 22 Years in Charge | BellaNaija

Arsene Wenger, the Arsenal manager for the past 22 years, has announced that he’ll be leaving the club at the end of the season.

The club made the announcement on their website, sharing a statement made by Wenger himself.

The statement read:

After careful consideration and following discussions with the club, I feel it is the right time for me to step down at the end of the season.

I am grateful for having had the privilege to serve the club for so many memorable years.

I managed the club with full commitment and integrity.

I want to thank the staff, the players, the Directors and the fans who make this club so special.

I urge our fans to stand behind the team to finish on a high.

To all the Arsenal lovers take care of the values of the club.

My love and support for ever.

Wenger has been under fire consistently for years, failing to win a Premier League trophy since 2006, and winning only the FA Cup 3 times since then.

The constant loss of top players to rival clubs has also been criticised, Alexis Sanchez who moved to Manchester United being the most recent.

Photo Credit: @Arsenal

1. Anon

April 20, 2018 at 11:06 am

I never thought this would happen…

He changed the game and a big thank you Sir from a non-Arsenal fan. 🙂

2. jokobaba

April 20, 2018 at 11:21 am

The God who unseated Wenger from Arsenal’s destiny will unseat all the politicians and pastors seating on Nigeria’s destiny. This is unbelievable.

3. Luqman

April 20, 2018 at 11:22 am

Arsenal fans have been doing night vigil for a very long time…..finally

4. cj

April 20, 2018 at 12:34 pm

breath of fresh Air.Football can unite oo,non arsenal fans are happy 4 arsenal fans&club.d drought of silverware was too obvious.

• curious

April 20, 2018 at 1:42 pm

my dear non arsenal fans aren’t happy o. We could always count on Wenger to fail….and because of that we loved him. The league is already too competitive.

5. Sanni A

April 20, 2018 at 12:42 pm

The post farewell speech by mr Wenger is emotional and timing, I congratulate him for past successes, I commend him for his radicalism even when things are going the other way round, I rejoice with AFC board and the fans worldwide, now it is time to put things straight, no monopoly of stay put even when things are not right, let’s take a clue from d past lessons while wishing d club the best in Eurpa league, Wenger pls go for the trophy, u can do it

6. o