Scoop

Azuka Ogujiuba shares Testimony of her Close Shave with Death as she Celebrates Birthday

BellaNaija.com

Media Azuka Ogujiuba has only appreciation for life as she shared beautiful photos of herself today, her birthday.

Writing on her Instagram, Azuka shared a recent death scare she suffered on her trip to the UK.

She had travelled to Los Angeles, she wrote, then Dubai and then the UK.

Two days after she arrived the UK, she passed out, and after being rushed to the hospital, she discovered she suffered from deep vein thrombosis, and blood had clotted in her lungs.

She’s so grateful she survived, she wrote, for another birthday and for every day.

She wrote:

2 days after l arrived the UK, l passed out in the loo while doing no 1. I was revived. I went to the bathroom to have my bath, l passed out again and this time around my friend insisted on calling the ambulance before the conversation was over we heard the ambulance siren blasting in the neighbourhood. I was asked if l can walk to the ambulance?
All this while l thought of my daughter and l wanted to speak with @[email protected]@[email protected]@africanprince007 I just wanted to plead with them to take care of my daughter because l know they can contribute money amongst themselves, and send her to school. They were trusted; tried and reliable friends.
The ambulance arrived The Queen Elizabeth hospital near Lewisham.
I was so weak and struggled to stay alive but then l made this my prayer point ‘I shall not die but live to declare the powerful work of God’ l asked the cute and handsome Dr giving me injections on my belly if l was going to make it?
I had deep vein thrombosis and the blood clotted in my lungs.
I survived it because l was told by some close friends who re Dr’s that if it happened in Naija that l will not survive it. And this death scare slowed my frequent trips.
And that’s why lam so grateful 4 another birthday and for every day.

See the post and photos from her birthday shoot below:

View this post on Instagram

Another lovely 13th of April, HBD 2 me. I am grateful to the big lion of my little but great kingdom. Recently, l had a close shave with death. I love travelling to any part of the continent the plane can take me. This guilty pleasure of mine took a hard toll on my life. I travelled to L.A. for 3 days, got back hopped into the next flight to Dubai, spent some days in Dubai and then off to the UK. 2 days after l arrived the UK l passed out in the loo while doing no 1. I was revived. I went to the bathroom to have my bath, l passed out again and this time around my friend insisted on calling the ambulance before the conversation was over we heard the ambulance siren blasting in the neighbourhood. I was asked if l can walk to the ambulance? I said l can but before l could take 2 steps l passed out again but this time when l was revived l found myself strapped to the stretcher with all kinds of wires on my body and the nurses struggling to keep me alive and at the same time chatting with me. All this while l thought of my daughter and l wanted to speak with @kateimafidon @[email protected] @sylmoe @africanprince007 I just wanted to plead with them to take care of my daughter because l know they can contribute money amongst themselves, and send her to school. They were trusted; tried and reliable friends. The ambulance arrived The Queen Elizabeth hospital near Lewisham. I was so weak and struggled to stay alive but then l made this my prayer point 'I shall not die but live to declare the powerful work of God' l asked the cute and handsome Dr giving me injections on my belly if l was going to make it? I was admitted on the 12th August and discharged 19th August. The hospital bill cama and thst of my 6 months injection on my belly was quiet alarming but l was grateful l survived it. I had deep vein thrombosis and the blood clotted in my lungs. I survived it because l was told by some close friends who re Dr's that if it happened in Naija that l will not survive it. And this death scare slowed my frequent trips. And that's why lam so grateful 4 another birthday and for every day.

A post shared by Azuka Ogujiuba (@azukaogujiuba) on

Azuka Ogujiuba is all shades of Pretty as she celebrates her Birthday - BellaNaija

Photo Credit: zukiliciouz

1. yemmy

April 13, 2018 at 1:41 pm

praise God for your life and happy birthday , government se you dey listen , of she was in naija she wouldn’t make it,thats a big indictment on the government, lets change the medical infrastructure in Naija abeg its appalling !!!

• Marsala

April 13, 2018 at 10:52 pm

She’s right. Apparently this was what happened to Goldie and they couldn’t save her! ☹️☹️☹️☹️. God bless you azuka. Happy Birthday!

2. ada

April 13, 2018 at 1:59 pm

I think it is not right for us to assume that she would not have survived in Nigeria.

• Deleke

April 13, 2018 at 2:42 pm

What are the odds though?

• memebaby

April 14, 2018 at 3:20 pm

pls stop… you know deep down..chances are little to none

3. nawa

April 13, 2018 at 2:49 pm

God is indeed awesome
    Happy birthday Dearie.
    With long life shall He satisfy You.

4. Butterfly

April 13, 2018 at 5:09 pm

I thank God for your life. You are indeed luck because if the blood clot had traveled to her heart, it would have been fatal.

5. Gerry

April 13, 2018 at 5:25 pm

But why can’t she look like this all the time? Happy Birthday

6. Lilo

April 13, 2018 at 5:49 pm

Opelope ty bello lol

• Boss

April 13, 2018 at 6:06 pm

You know you are a bitter thing? That was how yu talked in a condesending manner about Toke being orphaned. When your parents or you die in a fire leaving your children pls. come back and tell us how strong you are. Idiota

• Lilo

April 13, 2018 at 10:52 pm

Shut your piehole you twat. We ve all seen Azuka so no one (including you) is fooled by all the lights , camera action abracadabra going on here. Bi…azuka always looking like iya festus alamala won’t stop collecting bribes to take sides in her tacky interviews instead of her taking a moment to clean up , exfoliate and look presentable for once. On to toke ….I just can’t stand the bi talking from both sides of her mouth. Sorry but not sorry that I’m not a gullible idiot who cannot tell a pretending olosho from a talented hustler. We all know Toke is the far from the latter. Maje is nasty but Toke has to to be as nasty if not nastier to stay booed up with a guy we all knew didn’t want her. Had Anita aborted and not given birth, Toke will still be forming Mrs Ayida, vlogging lies about her fake married life. Now take that to the bank!

• Sameerah

April 13, 2018 at 11:16 pm

Wow, Lilo, this lady had a serious condition. Surely you could take a day off from being mean. I can’t stand Azuka myself, but I empathize with her because as a mother myself, I’m thankful her little girl did not lose her motherr. I know Azuka can be annoying but could you please have a little compassion and some decency?

7. lovelyhannah

April 13, 2018 at 7:48 pm

Thank God for saving you. DVT is real next time make sure you move around and don’t seat through your flight very dangerous. Point of correction QEH is in Woolwich and not LEWISHAM

8. Ola

April 13, 2018 at 8:00 pm

When taking so many long flights, it’s a good idea to get up from your seat and walk every once in a while. Also, compression socks help with preventing DVT, I think.

9. o

April 14, 2018 at 12:40 am

To think I was diagnosed (in luth) with dvt in 2004 while I was in university and I had never got on a plane in my life. I have since gone on several long distance flights but always with my anti embolism stockings and I’m on anticoagulant. Dvt is deadly especially if the clot moves but luciky mine was diagnosed early.

I’m happy for Azuka she’s lucky to still be here. Happy birthday to her. Guys any unexplained swelling and pain in the calf should be checked

10. Physio Tinu

April 14, 2018 at 3:09 am

There are also studies that show that some contraceptives or birth control pills increase the risk of DVT.
    And there are people who survive DVT in Nigeria,

• o

April 14, 2018 at 9:58 am

Yes re contraceptives but a doc once told me that if one’s dvt is caused by contraceptives, once you begin treatment and stop the contraceptives, the condition will reverse itself in about 6mths. And some pre existing conditions predispose one to dvt which was sickle cell in my case

11. No Headaches Please

April 14, 2018 at 10:21 am

I’m happy that Azuka survived this.

But let’s be honest, if it had been in Nigeria, I’m 99 percent certain we would have been typing, RIP.
    The other 1 percent is left to luck, Amadioha, God, karma, water goddess, whatever power you choose to believe in.
    Because everything in Nigeria conspires to kill you as soon as you take you first breath.
    If it’s not your President shutting down an entire city because he wants to commission a bus terminal, -I mean who cares you fall in labour that day or have a heart attack and néed to get to the hospital- then its hospitals rejecting patients for the most flimsy reasons. Maybe you do get past the doors, guess what you’re told with pride? Doctors are on strike!!! Or let’s say you do finally meet the doctor, (yaay!) you walk in, but you’re carried out, right out.
    RIP.
    Of course there is that 1 percent that you hope works in your favour here. That and your unending, repetitious prayers year after year after year.

Growing up, this country was a joke. Now, it’s just a tragedy.

12. Lol

April 15, 2018 at 11:48 am

She had PE pulmonary embolus..clot in the lungs that moved up from a vein in her leg. It won’t move to the heart unless there was a hole.
    If PE is large and untreated it blocks blood getting oxygen to the lungs and puts a strain on the heart. Very deadly condition even in the west.
    Risk factors include:
    Previous DVT/PE. Immobility n long distance travel. Obesity, contraceptive pill, pregnancy and family history of clotting problems.
    Goldie died of a brain haemorrhage from a likely burst aneurysm. May she rest in peace.

13. Letty

April 15, 2018 at 3:35 pm

May she declare the works of God and not trash people and lead a meanspirited life. Hopefully she changes for the better

14. omomo

April 15, 2018 at 8:09 pm

please does taking aspirin before a flight help stop dvt???