Relationships

Marc Jacobs got Engaged & there was a Flashmob at Chipotle involved!

BellaNaija.com

Marc Jacobs got engaged to his long time partner Charly Defrancesco on his birthday with the help of a flashmob at Chipotle!

The fashion designer shared a video of the elaborate proposal, which included a group of dancers performing to Prince’s “Kiss,” on his Instagram Wednesday night.

Watch the proposal below:

1. BlueEyed

April 6, 2018 at 8:00 am

Too cute! ???????? Congrats MJ and Charly

2. keke driver

April 6, 2018 at 8:59 am

Awwwwwwwwwwww ??????

3. wesley

April 6, 2018 at 9:17 am

Please I have a question.

In gay/same sex relationships that are leading towards marriage, how do you choose who proposes to who? Like, how does this thing work? Are there roles that would be similar to a man/woman in a hetero relationship? Could the bros that was proposed to have proposed to the bros that proposed to him? When they are saying vows, that part that the priest says “you may kiss the bride”, what is said? “you may kiss the alternate groom”? I honestly know nothing about this world but I’m intrigued

• BlueEyed

April 6, 2018 at 4:29 pm

I don’t think you’re that dumb or naive so I just hope this is a joke.
      Also gay people don’t have to conform to heterosexual settings, their vows, their proposal, their love, their prerogative is not your headache.

• wesley

April 6, 2018 at 8:02 pm

It was an honest question… thank you for the abuses and insults. I don’t have gay friends and I’ve never had anybody in my circle that I could ask about it. It’s something I’ve always wondered but I suppose you needed to feel like you are an alpha dog, who can piss at anyone.

BlueEyed… I would have said you must live a sad life but I guess I don’t have to. Your life is not my headache (in your words). Enjoy your life

• miss_nk

April 6, 2018 at 10:26 pm

lol I have just one gay friend so I can’t speak for everyone. But from his relationship, the top is the dominant one and so would propose to the submissive bottom

• Author Unknown

April 8, 2018 at 7:24 pm

Because of people like you Wesley, I actually have hope for the future. Comments from people like SHE threaten to take us to a really dark place. You and SHE appear to be ignorant (not in a negative way) on the subject matter, but compare your comment with SHE’s. Hate never helped progress.

• Malik

May 3, 2018 at 5:45 am

It’s the beauty of gay relationships that the couple can be flexible with the roles, either one could propose, move in with the other, pay bills, nurse the kids… Often times there are two proposals (because the one who got proposed to had been planning to propose too, and won’t just want all his proposal plans to waste… lol).

But please don’t buy into the top-bottom stereotype. Its ideology is retrogressive and even heterosexual relationships should aspire to a time where either the woman or the man could propose or take on whatever role they please in the relationship. Love is love is love.

4. Fizzy

April 6, 2018 at 10:44 am

I hope you all aaawww and aaahhh when its Bobrisky and or denrele. I nor wan hear its not in our culture.

• Jade Edo babe

April 6, 2018 at 12:16 pm

Tank you. Let it be bobriski or bisi alimi na different comment. Naijas like to kiss oyibo yansh. So, these gay designers are the ones dictating what women should wear.
      Can someone please recommend a comfortable high heels brand to me where I can walk in without my feet killing me

• Ec

April 6, 2018 at 1:15 pm

??

5. SHE

April 6, 2018 at 11:25 am

Weird. Absolutely unnatural. I’m afraid I can’t congratulate them.

….and I really don’t care for whatever you choose to write under my comment.

• Asa

April 6, 2018 at 11:55 am

I choose to write that you are right and that no matter in one guise homosexuality is presented. It is repulsive and against all natural laws!

Me too I don’t care what follows under my comment. Wrong is wrong and evil will remain evil.

• tunmi

April 8, 2018 at 3:31 pm

You didn’t curse them so I guess it’s okay.

But imagine if someone strongly felt your existence was unnatural. Or your happiness that involves no harm to anyone was unnatural..

No one is making you watch. There are lots of posts we all Waka pass by. It doesn’t hurt us to be kind. Even if that means ignoring the post

6. Funmilola

April 6, 2018 at 4:43 pm

Weird

7. Tolu

April 6, 2018 at 9:03 pm

It amazes me how Nigerians are so quick to embrace other cultures, especially the weirdest shit from other countries. Zero value in our own shit! Not 1 culture in Nigeria is this rubbish allowed but since many of you don’t respect or value ur own shit. U become lost in a white man/fucked up world of foolishness.

• Malik

May 3, 2018 at 5:53 am

Get educated dear. This viewpoint is so old. Culture must be dynamic. You let go of some elements and embrace new ones. The phone/electronic device you used to type this was not part of your “culture”. Neither was any of the semitic-originated religions (Christianity/Islam/Judaism). Your great-grandparents didn’t wear the clothes you’re wearing now. Open up your mind to the truth that culture must – as a rule – evolve and accommodate it’s people.

P.S. There’s historical evidence of same-sex marriages in ancient Nigeria and Africa

8. Dami

April 6, 2018 at 10:01 pm

To those who feel like they have the right to determine what is natural and unnatural, I hope you see beauty in the world and you embrace diversity. Once upon a time, it wasn’t natural to have twins and they were killed, it was unnatural to be black and for women to even have a voice. The truth is times are changing and in the next century or two society will find something else they do not understand and call it unnatural. Hate… such a fickle thing. Change is the only constant. Call it evil like they called the melanin in your skin evil only a few decades ago. It wouldn’t matter in a couple of years.

9. zzzzzzzzzzz

April 9, 2018 at 4:36 pm

Romans 1:25-32 New International Version (NIV)
    25 They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised.Amen.
    26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. 27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.
    28 Furthermore, just as they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, so God gave them over to a depraved mind, so that they do what ought not to be done. 29 …………………………………………………………………. 32 Although they know God’s righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them.