Sweet Spot

BN Living Sweet Spot: This Nigerian Dad discovering his Daughter’s Got his Back is ?

BellaNaija.com

BN Living Sweet Spot: This Nigerian Dad discovering his Daughter's Got his Back is ? | BellaNaija

This video trending on the internet is something perhaps every one of can relate to.

Vlogger @ChiziDuru on her Twitter page, shared a video of her mom receiving birthday gifts on her special day.

What’s sweet about it is how she covered for her dad who did not get his wife a gift by gifting her mom an extra personalised candle (the same thing she got for her) and saying it was from her dad.

You can see her dad’s surprise, and then his grin and the thumbs-up after learning she had covered for him.

See the video below:

1. Sonia Paloma

May 16, 2018 at 2:33 pm

Awww, sharp man, look at the way he played along smoothly lol
    My Dad did this for me one time. I forgot my step mum’s birthday and my Dad got a perfume set and told her it was a gift from me.. He called me to inform me just in case lol. The real MVP hahaha

2. didi

May 16, 2018 at 3:06 pm

hahahhahah sharp daddy he was even busy saying chai in the background…like Mr accolades hype man

3. Deleke

May 16, 2018 at 3:19 pm

So my mom and sister have the same birthday and this particular year Dad forgot cos my lil sister had travelled so she didn’t bug him days leading up to the birthday.
    So mom was pacing up and down waiting for the big surprise Dad got her but he kept keeping a straight face absolutely clueless to the big trouble he was about to enter into.

Then the door bell rings and a huge bouquet of flowers was delivered. Even me myself I was like what the fudge, who sent this? So I pick it up and look at the note, twas for lil sis. So I beckoned Dad and said, Dude u have forgotten Mom’s birthday, play along and I read out the following, ‘To a wonderful Wife and Mom, Wishing you a lovely birthday, I love you, Dayo (Dad’s name).
    Obviously it was bull crap cos it was addressed to my lil sis from her silly chewing gum boyfriend. Dude still wonders why they broke up, 7 years ago and Dad is still forever grateful for bailing his ass out

4. Deleke

May 16, 2018 at 3:26 pm

• abby

May 16, 2018 at 5:54 pm

cool story..they broke up because of flowers abi

5. Fyfi Salty

May 16, 2018 at 4:13 pm

Awww…Mumc Chei(s) got my Chei-ing too???!

• Fyfi Salty

May 16, 2018 at 4:13 pm

*me

6. Miss Fine

May 16, 2018 at 4:34 pm

Very sweet

7. just saying

May 16, 2018 at 4:52 pm

her mum is so gorgeous!!!
    the way she’s appreciating those gifts is everything!!!

• Manny

May 16, 2018 at 7:07 pm

I know, right? She was really appreciative. Maybe because the jars had her pictures on them.