News

Kanu Nwankwo recovers £8,250 stolen in Russian Airport

BellaNaija.com

Super Eagles legend Kanu Nwankwo has recovered the £8,250 ( about N4 million) stolen from him at an airport in Russia, The Nation reports.

The footballer had arrived Russia for the Fifa legends game ahead of the Russia 2018 World Cup when the money was removed from his luggage.

Russia’s Interior Ministry had said they had recovered the money and would return it to Kanu.

Kanu himself confirmed the return of the cash, saying:

Yes it’s true that the money was stolen from me, but I can confirm to you right now that I have my money with me and I’m grateful to the security agencies for helping to recover it back.

1. Didi

June 5, 2018 at 2:02 pm

Who clothes this man for pete’s sakes!

• Yinmu

June 5, 2018 at 2:23 pm

I was about to assume question. Na wa o

• Yinmu

June 5, 2018 at 2:24 pm

*ask the same question

• HOPE

June 5, 2018 at 3:31 pm

I guess he and his wife are not very skilled fashion-wise and may not care about it. Kanu being a true Igbo man and no longer actively playing may consider hiring a stylist a waste.

• Jade Edo babe

June 5, 2018 at 5:57 pm

Lol chai can take an igbo man out of the country but not the igbo in him. This kin dressing I no fit undastand. Na rain coat abi, na weapon coat

• Osa

June 6, 2018 at 2:13 am

Na costume wen Lawrence fishburne wear for matrix. He looks like trash literally.

• Anon

June 5, 2018 at 6:00 pm

Didi – then you don’t know Nwankwo Kanu. He is quite send-less with such things but his bank accounts are talking. 🙂

• Cyn

June 5, 2018 at 6:45 pm

Congratulobia, you that you know him. Godmother(father) to his babies, abi?..una weh done.

• Seriously

June 5, 2018 at 11:29 pm

But those clothes cost a lot too, it’s not cheap. If you going to spend a lot of money at least spend it well . It’s like me wasting money on Kanye expensive homeless clothes when I can get better things with that money
      Geez, I still can’t believe Kate Spade committed suicide. This life is very fleeting.

• Anon

June 6, 2018 at 12:12 am

Re-Why do people always bring up money like it makes the person automatically invincible and above criticism.

Don’t get it twisted. He doesn’t care. He’d rather invest his money on others things than buying clothes you think are acceptable. Plus, it’s his taste (expensive as you claim,) leave him to his taste.

2. Physio Tinu

June 5, 2018 at 8:36 pm

So its not only in Nigeria that people remove cash from your luggage? I had the same nasty experience once when I flew to calabar via aero contractors. Sadly in my case, i couldn’t recover the money. The thing still dey pain me.

3. nwa nna

June 6, 2018 at 1:19 am

This nuqqa looking like African Morpheus in the matrix movie.. ??