Music

Banky W’s New Music Video “Running After U” is a Celebration of Married Life | Features Osas & Gbenro Ajibade, Toolz & Tunde Demuren

BellaNaija.com

Banky W has got a new song and music video, titled Running After U, and he’s featuring Nonso Amadi.

Talking about the song, he says:

Do you ever think about the fact that there aren’t too many celebrations of Married life on Music Television? There’s a lot of hooking up and twerking, there’s a lot of consummating and flirting, and there are a whole lot of proposals-and-wedding day music videos… but there aren’t too many celebrations of the married life that comes afterward.

In the “Running After U” song, I tried to tell the story of how my wife and I got together. And so 24 hours before we shot the video, I decided I wanted to use the video to celebrate the journey of marriage. And so I drastically altered the original casting plans last minute, and called up all my married friends who were in town, to come hang out on set, have some fun together, and celebrate the decision to attempt this thing called life together.

The journey of marriage isn’t always easy, but with the right person, every step ends up worth it. If there’s one thought I’d like for people to take away, it’s that… Nobody’s perfect, but you can be perfect for each other – you just have to find someone worth trying for. Run after her, then run with her, until you conquer “forever” together. And while you attempt to do this, don’t forget to have some fun.

Without further ado (read this part in a-Banky-W-the-host-with-the-most-type-of-voice) Ladies and Gentlemen!! Featuring the incredibly gifted Nonso Amadi (that boy is a genius)!!! Starring some of my amazing friends!!! (…who were kind enough and available in the country at the last minute to bless us with the most amaaaazing cameos!!) Special shoutout to Osas & Gbenro, Captain & Toolz, Egbon Steve & Yetunde, Noble & Chioma, Aurelien & Tosyn, Papi J & Kaffy, Ik & Olo!!!

Special shoutout to the rest of my friends who really wanted to be there but couldn’t make it!! Thank you to @iamdubson, the dancer who won my #LoveUBaby video, for letting us bring you on set to share your amazing talent with the world. Thank you to all our models and dancers, especially Taragold and Natasha. Thank you to my DOP Mattia, my animator Tise, my co-Producer Debola, and everyone in-house at the most amazing new agency in Nigeria, EME. And last but not least, thank you to my inspiration, Susu, the whole reason that the song was possible in the first place. Directed by yours truly, Mr Wellington, and created in Lagos, Nigeria – please enjoy the “Running After U” Video.

Watch it below.

1. Ms B

August 9, 2018 at 8:11 pm

Nice one!

2. Marsala

August 9, 2018 at 8:12 pm

Awwwwwwww, Osas!!!!!!!!!!

3. seriously

August 9, 2018 at 9:04 pm

Beautiful video. I haven’t heard the word shawty since middle school. Everybody and their mama used that word. It sounds weird now.
    Osas is One of my girl crush. Her and Gbenro look like they get it on real good in the bedroom. FIreworks and what not lol
    Toolz is cute, her man dropping those pounds. I pray his health is fine though.
    BANky, good job for celebrating marriage itself.

4. Rose

August 10, 2018 at 1:43 am

Noble igwe and his wife be giving me life….

5. Didi 3000

August 10, 2018 at 6:46 am

Felt odd not to see Banky’s wife there, in a video by her husband celebrating marriage, especially since every other couple was complete.
    I understand they don’t want to overdo it and star together in every video, but surely, it was necessary here.
    Loved the video though.
    Is Nonso single????

6. Didi 3000

August 10, 2018 at 6:50 am

Where did Noble meet dat his wife?
    The girl is just fine anyhow….
    Is Nonso single…. Kai! Dat boy can sing

7. Baby gurl

August 10, 2018 at 9:33 am

I love this video so much. And the song oh Lord. IK and his wife are so adorable and fun. Love them. Tosin Bucknor and Aurelien look like they have fun too! Will be watching this everyday for the next month at least haha

8. loiloi

August 10, 2018 at 9:37 am

Chioma Otisi-Igwe is pretty.
    Noble you take eyes go market abeg!
    Why did Ebuka & cynthia not feature?

9. Billionaire in grace

August 10, 2018 at 10:11 am

Wow nice song and video

10. Ese

August 10, 2018 at 1:16 pm

Toolz is overweight …….needs massive shedding

• Baby gurl

August 10, 2018 at 4:19 pm

your brain is overweight. needs massive shedding. clueless mofockeen bully.

11. jade edo babe

August 17, 2018 at 6:37 pm

This is why I still rock with Banky W, he does sensible music not noise. I love all the couples. I just realize its Ik and his wife , those two eh na lovijitis, they make me smile that they can still have fun after these years.
    Abeg, I’m still searching and waiting for my gbenro. Dat couple fine anyhow chai. Osas, ur body na fire.
    continue to make each other smile. The lady with the blonde hair and her guy are so beautiful. Good job Banky doubliyou