News

CPC shuts down Krispy Kreme in V.I, Lagos over use of Expired Products

BellaNaija.com

The Consumer Protection Council (CPC) and NAFDAC shut down the Victoria Island branch of Krispy Kreme on Wednesday.

The CPC shared the news on their Twitter page, revealing that they, together with NAFDAC, conducted a quality inspection on the products, facilities and operations of the doughnut shop.

Director General of the CPC, Tunde Irukera, was part of the team on the scene.

The team discovered that the raw materials used by the confectionery are past their expiry dates.

See photos from the inspection.

Photo Credit: @CPCNig

1. Jeunkoku.com

August 8, 2018 at 5:35 pm

Ah Ah Ah…I laughed so hard. I was looking at everyone munching on donoughts when u could jejely eat ur puff puff in peace. Beware of western world life style…Even the people there are trying to wean themselves off junk. I wont be surprised if they still open it, of course after bribing NAFDAC. And naija people go continue to chop dey go. #be proud of yours.
    By the way I am still waiting for the day naija small chops will be appreciated in other countries like krispy crème(I am not talking about naija parties alone).

• Dust

August 9, 2018 at 9:40 am

@jeunkoku, it will never be appreciated in other countries…

the only people that will appreciate it in other countries are Nigerians living in those countries.

Its all part of economics that most black people are yet to understand… buy your own to grow your own..

• jeje

August 9, 2018 at 10:51 am

What has western lifestyle got to do with anything? puff puff and doughnut …are both of them not made with flour? Flour has an expiry date so you can imagine what kind of puff-puff you have been eating. And yes, they would reopen the outlet but only when they finally buy products that are proper and they would be subjected to months and months of inspection and monitoring till they get it right. The purpose of CPC and NAFDAC is not to destroy businesses but to ensure they conform to best practices to ensure consumers’ safety.

2. Michy

August 8, 2018 at 6:17 pm

And we say the government is corrupt. “This is Nigeria, everybody be criminal”

3. Ch

August 8, 2018 at 6:41 pm

These ppl need to visit Hubmart cos I still cnt understand their portions and the sizes of their pastries. It’s as if they are not operating in this economy. Very suspicious

• Dayo

August 25, 2018 at 5:24 am

@Ch…LMAO!

4. presshhh

August 8, 2018 at 7:33 pm

LMAO @ Michy… “this is Nigeria, everybody be criminal” choiiiiii LOOOL…. People want to form oyinbo naaaa…. chop doughnut , chop KFC na wa oooo…. just eat nice soup and eba/pounded yam, plantain, beans etc… AS A LONDONER I MISS MY AFRICAN FOOD SO MUCH SOMETIMES WISH I COULD COOK IT EVERYDAY!…Although not Nigerian, I still love my Naija People! #WifeOfOne

5. Adeleke

August 9, 2018 at 9:09 am

This makes me proud, I hope it is not for show and lip service. Our country is marching forward

6. Proudly Nigerian

August 9, 2018 at 12:10 pm

Chai…these poisons …sorry pastries look very yummy o. Even the devil is no more painted black. God epp us o !!!!
    Well done CPC!

7. Sadebabe

August 9, 2018 at 9:53 pm

Well done to the CPC and NAFDAC. Regular unannounced inspection of all food outlets should be done to protect Nigerians from consuming dangerous food.