Connect with us

News

This Survey says 74% of Nigerians want to Move to Another Country

Published

 on

This Survey says 74% of Nigerians want to Move to Another Country

A survey carried out by the Pew Research Center between February and April 2017 has said that 74% of Nigerians would go to live in another country if they had the means and opportunity.

The research surveyed in six of the 10 countries that have supplied many of the sub-Saharan immigrants now living in the U.S.

The research lists unemployment, low paying jobs, political instability, and conflict as some of the reasons people want to leave.

The survey also revealed for Ghana, it’s 75%, Kenya: 54%, South Africa: 51%, Senegal: 46%, and Tanzania: 43%.

15 Comments

  1. by_stander

    August 16, 2018 at 9:21 pm

    All I need to know before taking that poll is that Kylie is worth $800million doing 2 years of work. on her way to becoming youngest self made billionaire.

    • Dayo

      August 16, 2018 at 10:30 pm

      @by-stander…LOL! Me too!

      Anyway, these days living in many parts of countries abroad is just as “homely” as living in Naija , with familiar foods, music, clothing, churches, etc., without the aggravation of Nigeria!

  2. 9ja

    August 16, 2018 at 10:36 pm

    This poll needs to be more SPECIFIC! The respondents are likely thinking specifically of relocating primarily to the West. Doubtful they are looking to move to Togo or Congo (with all due respect) if they don’t have to.

    • Californiabawlar

      August 17, 2018 at 4:35 am

      I met Nigerians living in Gambia happier and more satisfied than most people living in the West ??‍♀️??‍♀️

    • TheRealist

      August 17, 2018 at 10:42 pm

      Californiabawler, no different from people who prefer to live in the village than in cities, These sorts of peculiar personal preferences are not exactly what this poll is getting at.

    • CLEMENTINE iweh

      August 18, 2018 at 5:30 pm

      Omo you are 100% correct. Me I like Benin Republic sef.Cheaper than Naija and I go fit come all the Owanmbe for Naija.Electricity Jaburata.As Naija don slack all the Countries dem dey shine. Life is for while Naija nor go kill me jor. Me I know send.

  3. Papermoon

    August 17, 2018 at 12:28 am

    Is it 74% of your sample population or 74%of all Nigerians? Just wondering

    • Mama

      August 17, 2018 at 6:23 am

      Another legit question would be in what part of Nigeria was the poll conducted? North, south, east or west? What was the age range? These are important factors to consider. I know for sure that they will not get 74% up north.

    • CLEMENTINE iweh

      August 18, 2018 at 5:32 pm

      Forget jor.All part of the Country.

  4. Larizo

    August 17, 2018 at 3:22 am

    Them forget to count me and some of my neighbours, which makes the statistics inaccurate. Anyway when my plans fall in place I will only be visiting and not live abroad.

  5. Arinola

    August 17, 2018 at 11:08 am

    The sample popupation is a representation of the entire population. Why i’m I not surprised ?
    Fortunately The reason most people cannot leave is bcos they dont have the means.
    If not.

    • TheRealist

      August 17, 2018 at 10:37 pm

      @Arinola, how do you know it was “a representation of the entire population”? Did you conduct the poll?

    • CLEMENTINE iweh

      August 18, 2018 at 5:42 pm

      My sister Lagos carry 147/150 for places to live well here for this planet and some people dey pretend say them no know wetin the survey dey talk.I dey surprise say na 75%becos the rest 25% be either Politricians and people wey no get money to travel.No mind people wey dey do intellectual brouhaha

    • Anon

      August 23, 2018 at 10:58 am

      @Clementine, and if you believe that crappy “livability” ranking, I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell to you. Or you can relocate (for example) to Papua New Guinea or Karachi in Pakistan, each of which were ranked above Lagos. We really need to stop swallowing Oyinbo rubbish hook, line and sinker, and stupidly regurgitating same, and start telling our own stories.SMH

  6. Nnenne

    August 17, 2018 at 11:10 pm

    Dey dere nah!
    Your president don move tey,tey.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Tangerine Africa
css.php