Music

Here’s What People are Saying about the Wizkid-Shola Co-parenting Discussion

Wizkid

One of the biggest stories in Nigerian media on Thursday is the story of Oluwanishola Ogudu, the mother of Wizkid‘s first son’s experience as a co-parent with the singer.

Oluwanishola had said Wizkid missed 7 of his son’s birthdays, is not present in his life, delay payment of his fees and other needs, among other things. You can read all about it here.

The singer is unfazed about all that’s going on. He posted the following tweets this morning:

Here’s what people are saying about the trending story.

1. oddy

September 20, 2018 at 2:16 pm

I am sorry but what will this screen shots do for her?

• Becca

September 20, 2018 at 3:32 pm

Hopefully shame the manchild into action, have his fans, sponsors , celebrity friends hold him accountable, drop the star from the boy. Elsewhere he’d lose endorsements, be publicly berated, child support will be on his case, but this is Nigeria, idiots are supporting him and abusing her for not being financially secure on her own terms. Even if she was rich on her own, she still needs to put up a fight for her son. The boy can never say his mother didn’t try.

• tunmi

September 20, 2018 at 4:13 pm

catharsis
      breathe
      exhale
      not have her die young

• Even

September 20, 2018 at 4:26 pm

I hope it will teach someone out there considering being an intentional Baby Mama to rethink and put a stop to that thought. The only way Shola will enjoy being a baby mama to wizkid is if she was in it for the money. Sadly she doesn’t seem to be in it for just the money and Wizkid doesn’t send at all.

2. Baymax

September 20, 2018 at 4:11 pm

You know what’s sad? Most of the tweets bashing Shola are from females.

• Slice

September 20, 2018 at 4:45 pm

Very annoying something. Even this bn owned by female, be dropping comments against him. Yeye

3. Cocoa

September 20, 2018 at 4:36 pm

You can NEVER go wrong if you FOLLOW GODS PLAN.

He said don’t have sex outside marriage. LISTEN.
    He said do not be unequally yoked.LISTEN.
    He said, SEEK FIRST the KINGDOM OF GOD and ALL ELSE will be ADDED TO YOU.

PLEASE LISTEN.

When we don’t listen ….we reap the consequences of our sin. I could have been Shola (pre-salvation Cocoa) …anyone fornicating can be Shola.

I don’t expect anything from people that do not know God. A boy who has no relationship with God doesn’t understand the word “Father”.

Even moral men can’t comprehend that word. They have no clue what LOVE is. They don’t love themselves….and cant love anyone else.

I WEEP for this child. But i know God is the Father to the fatherless. It will be well with him, Amen.

• draken

September 20, 2018 at 8:55 pm

@Cocoa,
      I have held my tongue (fingers) for a long time but now it is time to unleash. I am happy for you that you have used religion/gods/goddesses/faux Christianity to cover up your insecurities/, hatred you have in your heart/hypocrisy. Apparently passing judgement on others gives you the cheap thrills you need to power your deeply seated unhappiness.
      First and foremost, not everyone is impressed by your spouting what you consider to be your moral superiority. There are many married women who have children and are effectively raising them alone because the fathers are absentee. How dare you suggest that only those who have sex within marriage can have happy lives. I am sure if you are honest, you might have lived a very interesting (hmmm…) life. You seem to have a big hangup about sex. Is your boo not hitting it right? Or maybe if you are so holier than thou and waited for a year after marriage, you might not know the difference.
      You need to live and let people live. I don’t want to go into your personal ‘faith” or whatever but if you believe you are the BN anointed pastor with direct revelations from Amadioha or whomever; your message would be more palatable if tinged with genuine kindness and a heart full of empathy.
      People like you have more skeletons in their closet than the killing fields of Cambodia. Even if you have been beatified while still alive i.e you are a living saint without sin, let us hear word. Enough of all this sanctimonious B.S.

• didi

September 21, 2018 at 11:57 am

I think you feel insecure because she speaks the truth,GBAM????

• Anon

September 22, 2018 at 8:08 am

@draken, I am usually irritated by Cocoa’s often judgmental drivel, but on this occasion I find myself on her side. Ms. Shola cannot be going on with that self-righteous “I have God…” as if God asked her to become a Babymama.

• Cocoa

September 22, 2018 at 4:37 pm

DRAKEN,
      All you saw was ” do not fornicate”..you didnt see “seek ye first the kingdom of God” and you didnt see ” do not be unequally yoked”

The married women you speak of have fallen victim for not obeying these. Nothing is new in our time….3000 years ago…you will still find a woman in Shola’s predicament.

There is no other sacrifice available for anyone’s salvation..only JESUS. To reject JESUS is to reject a life of TRUTH and as a result to continue to dance to the tune of the devil as he continues to play football with many lives. .

I’m not here to please you or any man and that is why your comment doesn’t offend me. I’m here to please my Father. To tell anyone who cares to listen that there is a FREE GIFT available to them…it is called JESUS.

What you don’t know is that i used to talk like you too before i got saved…i used to think people telling the truth of God were being judgemental and self-righteous then God opened my eyes to see. I was blind but now..oh now..I SEE!! PRAISE GOD!!!

“Taste and see that the Lord is GOOD” PSALM 34:8

P.S: No skeletons in my closet. I exposed myself and continue to expose myself (to brothers and sisters in Christ and God) because sin hidden will only multiply.

• Ify

September 21, 2018 at 9:45 am

Amen, @ Cocoa I really love you, can we be friends please

4. BzKneez

September 20, 2018 at 4:37 pm

I feel for her… I assume it certainly wasn’t how she’d envisioned having her family. But stuff happens. It’s sad, if this is her reality. It’s even sadder that these situations are too common.

Not that she’s asking but my advice would be “do for you and your son”.
    You cancelled the first deal for your son because the father said so. Since then, promised deals never materialised. Now you now know that you cannot take his word on furture deals. Continue to Seek to secure his future, as your own contribution.

Nigeria has Lawyers, most of whom are decent enough to formalise visitation and payment arrangements. Do that. So that moments with your son coming back with drug paraphernalia or exposure to things you do not approve of, are limited

If he only wants to maintain basic communication with you, respect it and leave it. We sometimes have the urge to make sure things are on good terms. It’s okay. He doesn’t want to say hello. The world will not end. Remain courteous but firm (not using insulting language with you, respecting pick up and drop off times, etc)

You’ve now said your peace. Leave the rest to fate. Eventually, kids grow up to figure out the truth.fot themselves.

Now, go be the mother your son knows and loves.

5. It's Gee

September 20, 2018 at 5:23 pm

After reading all this post from “Shola” I can safely say that “she really cares about what he thinks of her,It’s not just about Tide but I understand her though
    No Female while growing up pictures herself as being tagged as someones ” Baby Mama” but that’s just life that’s why our parents always advise us to be careful but nonetheless the damage has been done
    I don’t know wizkid personally nor do I know shola personally so therefore I can’t judge either one of them
    But what I can say to Miss Shola is that if WizKid is really a terrible Father then she should try her best to be both a Mother and a Father to Tife,It won’t be easy but it’s her only option of she wants a peaceful life.
    And Also she should leave certain lifestyles that her own personal salary can’t afford for e.g The Part where she spoke about getting Tide a visa to travel for Holidays,That for me is not necessary hr can happily spend his Xmas in Nigeria and Also the part where she spoke about needing a Car Millions of working Nigerians don’t have vehicles and they have survived so she can too.

6. Spunky

September 20, 2018 at 5:25 pm

I bet my savings Wizzy didn’t see this one coming. Probably always saw her as naive and not capable of telling all…I applaud her courage. However, going forward, she should sieve the comments. Take constructive advise from the lot and do the most for herself and her child. Eventually, she will be alright…

7. tunmi

September 20, 2018 at 6:38 pm

She does have a children clothing business: Czar and Czarina https://twitter.com/czar_czarina?lang=en (@Czar_Czarina on Twitter)

Now BN, will you be providing this same coverage, if the drama was one of YOUR friends?

8. Mamamia

September 20, 2018 at 11:43 pm

How people judge eh baffles me. When Davids baby mama released a whole can of worms nobody bat an eye even Tuface had his own fair share of baby mama drama but suddenly wizkid is been crucified. Because people have been waiting for him to slip. Has he paid anything ever? he has why call him deadbeat? The day other celebrities release their own can of worms we will all be shocked. In this game of baby mama, nobody holy pass. Not one person. If you don’t know the actual story, jump and pass. And leave sex until you are married leave it. Both of them are wrong by the way no sorry to one and leaving one out in the cold because one is female and the other isn’t. If we fight for feminism so much this is where actions speaks.

9. sissy

September 21, 2018 at 12:34 pm

am so proud of my son and i love him dearly. since his conception i did everything by my self .
    from antenatal to postnatal and now he is one hiis father has only bought a shirt and a short for him.
    am i angry ? YES. but dat dosent deter me from taking good care of him and also tell him DADDY LOVES U.

• @theindulgenceplace

September 21, 2018 at 3:33 pm

STop lying!! your son has eyes! He can see daddy doesn’t love him or want him. He will stand up to you one day for Lying that daddy loves you why are you pretending !

• Dayo

September 22, 2018 at 8:25 am

@theindulgenceplace, and let him come to that conclusion on his own in his own time. No need to ruin his childhood and fuel the fire by projecting your own bitterness upon a child.

10. Dayo

September 22, 2018 at 8:22 am

Personally reluctant to take sides here…

Principally because, we are privy to only one side crafted from carefully selected screen captures (which had apparently been saved over a number of years as if preparing for this episode). It appears obvious to me that there is a rather toxic relationship between the two, but what Ayo should ensure is that that toxicity does not adversely affect his relationship with his kid (and frankly no reason that he cannot show up to his kid’s birthdays). Nonetheless, I think it is unfair to label him as a “deadbeat” as he apparently pays rent, school fees, holiday flight tickets, presents, clothes, toys, shoes, etc. Of course, presence is better than presents.

PS: the females on Instagram expressing outrage that he asked for a DNA test are just psycho!