BN TV

Did You Miss It? WATCH Cast & Crew of Genevieve Nnaji’s “Lionheart” answer Questions at #TIFF18

The past couple of days have been really major for Nollywood superstar Genevieve Nnaji… from her movie premiering at the 2018 Toronto International Film Festival to the rights of the movie being acquired by Netflix.

During the #TIFF18 screening, lead stars of the movie – Genevieve Nnaji and Nkem Owoh – as well as co-producer of the movie, Chinny Onwugbenu, were able to share interesting information about the film with fans.

Watch below.

1. Uyai

September 14, 2018 at 2:43 am

congratulations Genny and the crew. I am so inspired. I am next to be celebrated. Love you guys for making Women proud . YES WE CAN

2. Philip

September 14, 2018 at 3:07 am

Woow… Thanks for sharing

3. Shaz

September 14, 2018 at 3:31 am

Well done to you and your team Genevieve. Well done!

4. Wifematerial

September 14, 2018 at 7:01 am

Genevieve is da bomb!

5. Ozzie

September 14, 2018 at 7:52 am

Kudos Genny!… When she was about to speak and got emotional, i cried with her!….Patience and hardwork is key! Kudos to the cast and crew.Nkem Owoh is phenomenal!…I love the vision behind the making of ”Lion Heart”…can’t wait to see it!

• Ibk

September 14, 2018 at 1:03 pm

I cried too. A huge congrats guys, very inspiring. Nkem Owoh, kai, this man is something else. ?

6. Spunky

September 14, 2018 at 8:18 am

I thoroughly enjoyed watching this. Nkem Owoh is a delight…anytime.

7. cicimeleko

September 14, 2018 at 8:26 am

The tears……….
    what a journey…….
    you traveled well……….
    Nne ji si ke.
    you deserve it/your hard work without trumpets blown.
    2 Thumbs up and a standing ovation.

8. Wii

September 14, 2018 at 8:41 am

Wow. I now see the hype about this Genny. This makes me so proud!! Thank you

9. sweets

September 14, 2018 at 8:53 am

Nice one,she didn’t speak much just said what was necessary.Genny always making us proud..Thumbs up girl you rock and this is just the beginning…Bless

10. annoy

September 14, 2018 at 10:32 am

So if you do something for the first time and you get a lot of support to do it and do it right… is that wrong? because i don’t understand this your annoyance, i recently took a job because i wanted to move to another city where my husband lives, i had worked in a particular function for 15years and needed to move to another function in this new job… and i got a lot of help fitting into the new role, and even my Bosses were patient with me and the rest they say is history, today if i say i want to leave they will beg me… so that happens a lot. She might have got a lot of help doing it and later learn as she goes along… it is her first time anyway. Please be a little kind, you have been all over discrediting her, i will rather you even do that (if you must) on the technicalities et al of the movie itself (if your annoyance let you watch it) based on your review, rather than this hear say…

• Annoy

September 14, 2018 at 5:51 pm

You are actually worse than I thought… you are an insider (a man’s enemies are members of his…) you claim to be an insider and you didn’t know those that went with her to Canada ( I reference your comment on the first post by BN where her outfit for the premiere was showcased). Also you have been asking for reviews (your comment on the Quest interview) expecting the reviews to be negative… so you are willing for your work to get a negative review just to spite GN Because you were on set more than she was? ? Oh I think your beef might be that they didn’t take you to Canada ?.

Well with this your kind of behavior nobody will want to take you anywhere… and rest assured no matter how hard you work if you maintain this attitude you will always be passed over for all your hard work… unless you truly change cos even if you pretend people see through you…

PS: the insult on me was uncalled for.

• yes maam

September 15, 2018 at 6:18 am

Wuz di insult Dufus?

copy and paste the comment where I said I did not know who went with her to Canada. I am pretty sure I said, the cast and crew are not championing her… Or post receipts of erm everyone credited as writer for example celebrating this ‘win’ on social media….. they are on social media commenting on Barry Jenkins etc but not on the film they worked on.

No I am not asking for reviews because I expect them to be negative. i am asking for reviews …from the film trade press…because there are none. Google Farming, you will see reviews.

What does that tell you, Dufus?

• Elle

September 14, 2018 at 9:00 pm

You worked on the movie! AND you obviously want it to fail just to spite Genevieve, which is why you’ve been all over the place. My people, please come and see the definition of E.V.I.L.

• yes maam

September 15, 2018 at 6:19 am

the movie wont fail because of my evilness. If it is good, it will be a success. If it is bad, it wont be. If she treas people badly, karma will sort it out eventually. Ask Kene Mkparu.

• yes maam

September 16, 2018 at 4:58 pm

if you say so… I encourage you to raise the bar.

11. Oma

September 14, 2018 at 10:45 am

You troll! Yes you, I’ve noticed your negative comments on any post of Genny’s in the past few days .
    Tell us keyboard warrior, if she did not direct it who did? You know you gotta have receipts when you’re calling someone out?

Did Genevieve steal the movie idea from you? If she did, why didn’t/don’t you take her to court or call her out on social media ka anyi marazie!

Ikaporowara ishi ka ndi village unu!

• yes maam

September 14, 2018 at 2:49 pm

Right back at you fellow troll. Bwahaha! #feathersruffled. H.I.L.A.R.I.O.U.S

12. Baybie

September 14, 2018 at 12:06 pm

Great work Lady G!

13. Cocolette

September 14, 2018 at 2:12 pm

Ahhh… @yes ma’am… I have barely ever used this word to describe anyone but YOU ARE A LEGIT HATER!!! Ahnahn! You have been making sad comments on every post concerning this movie. Did Genevieve collect your bread? Did she steal your puff puff ? Tufiakwa gi Biko !

• yes maam

September 14, 2018 at 2:50 pm

I don’t eat puff puff or bread. I am a carbarian! Humor me. Only the guilty are afraid. #PainfulRealisationOfTheTruth

• Cocolette

September 14, 2018 at 5:23 pm

Go and sit down please. If you felt you were not given whatever is due to you, why didn’t you confront her in person instead of all these nonsense you are dropping online like an effing weakling! It’s only online you have power. Household enemy!!! Sorry this ship has already sailed.. better luck next time

• yes maam

September 16, 2018 at 4:59 pm

I have.

14. iamlegend

September 14, 2018 at 2:59 pm

Oga/madam “yes maam”, what exactly is wrong with you?!! Since you claim you worked on the set, you had every opportunity and time to cry wolf since the movie wrapped over a year ago. But now because the movie is getting accolades, you are now very jealous and trying to taint her shine!!! Even if you’re saying the truth, it’s too late!!!! For whatever its worth, Genevieve has paid her dues in this industry and deserves what she’s getting right now!!! You’re not a good person. You need to sit your freakin’ behind down and get thee behind her!!! You can’t stop her shine or anyone else’s for that matter!! On the contrary, you come off as a very bitter person!

Btw, it’s normal for first-time directors to have some help/supervision on set so what are you on about?!

• yes maam

September 15, 2018 at 6:22 am

Please list the accolades so we can cheer!
      Every director gets help on set, it is called cast and crew.
      Every director is on set. Everywhere else.

Don’t get into battle for something you do not actually know jack about. Clearly.

• Colz

September 15, 2018 at 7:58 am

Accuse her directly.. show yourself and names names. Then see if you get another job. Genny please be careful of who you employ next time. Lots of evil people parading themselves as well-wishers, ab initio

• yes maam

September 16, 2018 at 4:59 pm

i def dont want another ‘job’ with these lot if that is what you call a job

• Light

September 18, 2018 at 8:37 pm

@yes ma’am….you are just a nonentity!
      Genny is matching forward and you are far far behind. Tell us your real name if you are courageous enough.
      Ewu Gambia!

15. Ebyke

September 14, 2018 at 3:26 pm

I’m sooo proud of you guys

16. andtherewasone

September 14, 2018 at 3:37 pm

Nkem, baff the mic with spit o! Hahaha, u think say na naija mic Wey no dey work.

17. power

September 14, 2018 at 5:40 pm

Nice

18. yes maam

September 15, 2018 at 6:23 am

moderator, things above for you to post

19. yes maam

September 16, 2018 at 5:00 pm

bella still swallowing comments you dont like?