Sweet Spot

Ibidunni Ighodalo shares Beautiful Testimony about Her Kids

Ibidunni Ighodalo, in two Instagram posts, shared a beautiful testimony about her kids Keke and Zenan.

She shared the testimony alongside beautiful photos of the children.

See below:

Part 1….. Dear God,

Where do I start? You are such a loving and kind Father it’s incomparable. Your wisdom and might is unrivalled as is your knowledge. You know the end from the beginning and the beginning from the end because time truly exists in you.

You knew me before you formed me and you knew my life’s journey and you prepared for me every step of the way…. My choice of a life partner though questioned by many was a divine masterpiece by you… You already saw the struggles and you knew the perfect fit for me… you knew who could handle the storms of life with me and you blessed me with a wonderful husband, friend and lover. Ever so supportive and loving. Supportive through almost a dozen episodes of IVF, never wavering, there for every test and doctors appointment. With all the societal pressures and shaming you held me and comforted me in my low times. Even when that did not work out you were already planning something mind blowing. How else could I explain the burden you laid on my husband heart to establish an orphanage even before our marriage? This same orphanage gave me my beautiful daughter who again has your hand in her life. Born on the same day as myself and named by her dad after me (such prophecy) and brought to the orphanage. Even when I did not recognize your hand it was there till our eyes saw that which was always in front of us. Again ever supportive, my husband was in support of our choice to go in that direction.

The way you piece our lives jigsaw puzzles astounds me continually papa. Out of the blue a call comes to my phone and my darling aunt says I’ve seen your son. Come and pick him…. Not a clue to the process I started in faith and you made a way and Zenan became ours…. Even when I’m not thinking about myself you are thinking about me and putting my thoughts in the hearts of people. Seeing my son is a moment I would never forget. The bond was instant, and love was in full flow. How could I ever have orchestrated my life as perfectly as you have done. I’m so glad I have you papa because your ways are not my ways and your hand is evident in my life….

Thank you Father for making a way, for guiding me, for holding me, for giving me joy, for sending me peace and for completely showing my family Favour. Papa my prayer would not be complete if I don’t ask you to open the eyes of my other women trusting you for the fruit of the womb to have an open mind to different ways of becoming a ‘MOTHER’. So many children are out there looking for love and a home to call their own. I pray they experience the joy of motherhood as I do now and open their hearts to you to listen to as many options as you have provided….. Adoption does not mean you have failed them but is a way of showing what blessings you have in store for them if only they will yield to You…. a blessing which is priceless… I thank you for my two adorable kids, I could never trade them for anything in the world…. looking forward to your instruction on looking after more children ? ?

Love you endlessly papa

Yours Forever
Ibidunni your beloved.

See a beautiful video from the family’s photo shoot below:

Photo Credit: @tybello

1. T

October 8, 2018 at 10:46 pm

God. This is so beautiful.

2. Amaka

October 8, 2018 at 10:53 pm

She’s fine sha….

3. Comment

October 8, 2018 at 11:23 pm

This is very lovely. God bless her beautiful family. She’s indeed an awesome role model and testimony.

4. Wow

October 9, 2018 at 12:18 am

This right here… “my prayer would not be complete if I don’t ask you to open the eyes of my other women trusting you for the fruit of the womb to have an open mind to different ways of becoming a ‘MOTHER’. So many children are out there looking for love and a home to call their own.”
    Congratulations!!!

5. Ada

October 9, 2018 at 8:40 am

Adoption is a beautiful thing. Unfortunately the African mindset has stopped childless couples from enjoying parenthood because they see the kids as other people’s kids. It’s a personal choice to love a child, there are people who treat their biological kids like shit and you wonder why did you birth them in the first place? In the church, you have childless couples who see adoption as not trusting God for the fruit of the womb and they age into their 50’s and 60’s with no child.
    Life is too short to be stuck with a mindset that keeps you unhappy. Let’s embrace adoption and love these kids and receive love in return.

6. Ibk

October 9, 2018 at 8:49 am

Awesome God

7. Desola

October 9, 2018 at 9:25 am

They are so happy! ?????
    We all need to get to a place of embracing God’s and not societal definition of happiness

• Lilo

October 9, 2018 at 1:12 pm

This. This. And this again and again. We have got to re-educate ourselves on what happiness means to us. We have been conditioned by norms and cultural adaptations that we shall get married. We shall have children. We shall go to college. We shall buy or build a house. We shall have lots of savings when the reality is that not everyone will accomplish all Those things in this life. When we fall short those man-made goals is when we fall into depression from feeling like a complete loser.

8. elise

October 9, 2018 at 1:51 pm

Thank God for her family. similar story i have.

9. Cocoa

October 9, 2018 at 2:50 pm

ADOPTION is certainly part of God’s Will. It is how we came to be Children of God.

Ephesians 1:5 (NLT) says:
    ” God decided in advance to adopt us into his own family by bringing us to himself through Jesus Christ. This is what he wanted to do, and it gave him great pleasure”

Enjoy your blessings my dear. They even look just like you! The Spirit of God is thicker than blood. 🙂

10. Justina Oha

October 9, 2018 at 3:39 pm

It is so hard to adopt a child in Nigeria . Truth be told

11. Abike Jenke

October 9, 2018 at 8:54 pm

How beautiful! How blessed! I celebrate this God’s own family. You’ve indeed inspired many.

12. Crown

October 10, 2018 at 2:38 am

So beautiful. Thank God for the freedom that we have in Jesus Christ. Adoption s a beautiful thing. It is two prayers answered – the prayer of the parents and also prayers for the child to find a loving home. Adoption is as old as the bible – Moses, Esther and our Lord Jesus Christ Himself. The angel told Joseph about Mary’s pregnancy. Joseph was Jesus adoptive father while He was on earth. Adoption is not a lack of faith, adoption is an act of faith!

13. Aderonke

October 10, 2018 at 4:15 pm

May the Lord bless you more for sharing your story ma.
    Your seeds will yield grear unending fruits that will shield and protect you
    Congratulations ma!

14. Dapsy

October 10, 2018 at 4:41 pm

Awesome testimonies of God’s faithfulness.

Thank you for being so appreciative to God and proud to do this despite our society norm and religiosity, What you have done was first initiated by our Abba Father, when God performed the 1st Assisted Reproductive Fertility using IVF through Mary the mother of our Lord and Saviour. He planted His Only Begotten son in a family of Joseph and Mary.

I pray that Isaiah 8:18 should continually be your family portion.