News

#PastorStepDown: People are Asking Biodun Fatoyinbo of COZA to Step Down Amid Rape Allegations

Amid the accusations of sexual abuse against Biodun Fatoyinbo, the Senior Pastor of Commonwealth of Zion Assembly (COZA), celebrities and other social media users are calling for him to step down.

Busola Dakolo had on Friday, narrated how Fatoyinbo allegedly raped her twice when she was 16.

Fatoyinbo also responded, saying he’s never raped anyone before.

Actor and YouTuber, who is a member of the church wrote on Instagram:

#PastorStepDown
I am calling on everyone to do the right thing. Use your voice. Use your platform. Gospel artists and pastors…. Speak out. Silence means you are also part of it.
For now, I will be retreating because I do not want to be in the centre of this. I am not fighting. And I don’t want the attention. I believe good people know what to do from here on. Let us still be respectful and also mind the words we use in this movement.
For those who feel lost, please don’t give up on your faith. Jesus is real. God is real and true. Just calm down. The body of Christ will still prevail.
We are not mad. Just do what is right.

Adesua Etomi:

Lala Akindoju:

1. Oyinloye david

June 29, 2019 at 4:32 pm

COZA ask Pastor Abiodun steps down and clears his name before he mounts the pulpit

2. Emmanuel

June 29, 2019 at 4:38 pm

Where’s his wife, as I cannot understand her silence and all this while condoning all these messes? This calls some of our women, mothers,etc character into question. What legacy are you leaving for the children, witnessing & experiencng all this actrocities about their dad and you did not know that action needs to be taking to safe guide your children. Is is all about money and fame, etc?.

3. Cecelia

June 29, 2019 at 5:53 pm

Please I don’t understand how a sixteen year old girl who is two years away from the adult age of eighteen can go and stay in the house of someone who raped her. I read this from the previous article on the story. I am sure she must have been aware she had been raped and yet still went to stay in the pastors house. Now after all these years she has come out and no one has questioned this. If she was eleven or thirteen then I would have felt bad. I mean at sixteen, some girls are head girls of their secondary school. It’s an age of being aware of life and it’s a period of awakening.

• californiabawlar

June 29, 2019 at 7:09 pm

So what are you saying? Cos you said alladat and still said nothing…gtfoh with your ignorant behind.

• Miss Smart

June 29, 2019 at 8:01 pm

You will need to be quiet if you don’t have much to add.

If you live in Nigeria, you will know that we are breed to stay young. Where a 16 year old in the west may be very bold, one in Nigeria won’t be able to raise her voice or make many decisions. Her ‘pastor’ asked for her. She had a choice but had no choice. A vast majority of girls raised in the 80’s, 90’s and 00’s will have a story of abuse in one form or the other.

Females are breed to think about everyone else before themselves. Hence the guilt of voicing such a terrible ordeal to anyone.

If you have nothing kind and empathetic to say, it’s best you remain silent. How people can be so desnsitised does beat me.

#*%&@?*^%#!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Ephi

June 29, 2019 at 9:27 pm

Stupid question, like really stupid.

• Kemi Ajayi

June 30, 2019 at 6:15 am

Any violation of women or abuse shoukd be taken seriously regardless of the length of time it took to report the incident.
      Victims of rape react differently, some might be too ashamed to report the case. It all boils down to the period the person gains confidence to tell someone about her or his ordeal. I commend this ladies bravery and i pray that othet predators like this wolf should be exposed in order to safeguard our children. I am diappointed in CAN’s reaction to this incident. How can they trivialise it by saying that it is not their problem? The Christian Association of Nigeria here is my message fir you “everyone has a role to play in safeguarding vulnerable children” Thank you

• Ann

June 30, 2019 at 1:52 pm

@Cecelia, you should be grateful and thankful that you have never been violated. There are real monsters in this world that’s all I have to say

• Zinny

July 1, 2019 at 1:19 pm

If you do not understand why maybe you should ask the government why a 16 year old is not considered an adult under the law. Rape is rape.Moreover is he the only pastor. he has been accused multiple times by different women.There must be an atom of truth in it. He must step down. Lawyering up in church shows he is so guilty. Thats not the way things are done. #pastorstepdown.

4. Cecelia

June 29, 2019 at 10:19 pm

This website is for outspokenness. You cannot tell me what and what not to say as long as vulgar words are not used. The fact is that a sixteen year old girl is not a child or a dummy. And i will say it again ‘Why go and spend the night in the house of a man who raped you earlier?!’ Its sad that people just want to follow trending topics on social media without thinking of facts.

• Californiabawlar

June 29, 2019 at 11:24 pm

1. The fact is that a 16 year old is a chid, you clown.
      2. Being a dummy has nothing to do with age… that’s obvious cos YOU ma’am are a dummy.

• Nelly

June 30, 2019 at 12:21 am

Don’t be a fool – you and that one person that liked your comment. Even a fool who keeps silent is considered wise.

• Your Father

June 30, 2019 at 12:28 am

She was 16 and voiceless, now she has found her voice and you still condemn her, pls GTFOH, nitwit, rape enabler

• Chi

June 30, 2019 at 12:40 am

A respectful young girl, that’s who. From her interview you can tell that she honors God, her parents, elders and those in authority. That is our duty as Christians.

• Miss Smart

June 30, 2019 at 8:24 am

It is now very clear you need to seek help. I feel the maximum level of disgust at your statement.

She felt powerless. The best she could do was insist on sleeping in the same room as his wife! I commend her for that small win.

A rape enabler is a terrible person. Rape is a heinous crime! It messes ones mental space. He took what he had no business taking.

If you’re a good judge of human character, which I doubt you are- you can see she’s a soft spoken girl who minds her business. Telling her story must have been one of the hardest things to do and it must have been uncomfortable too. But she did it, she’s a champ!

The reason women/men don’t speak about sexual assault is because there are many people like you. Those who have lost their basic sense of empathy.

Just go and park yourself in one small corner of the earth. A 16 year old is a CHILD, one that should be protected… especially by a so called “spiritual fathers”.

I for one have been pestered for sex by a head pastor( I was always requested at his office, where he tried to convince me to use my beauty to attract people to the church) I simply stopped attending the church. Mother***** came to my house at 6.30am. To discuss my church departure. So you see, this seems to be a tactic these predators use. This pastor has the most beautiful wife and gorgeous children, I had always heard of this happening but had no incline it was going to happen to me. I was in my 20’s so thank goodness I refused to answer the door.

I feel sickened to my stomach. I have a daughter and can’t imagine anything worse.

My advice is, put yourself in the shoes of those in trying situations and let’s hope your empathy comes to the fore.

#%*^#%^*@&!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Kemi Ajayi

June 30, 2019 at 6:24 am

Any violation of women is unacceptable in our society. Victims of rape react differently and in civilised society it does not matterlength of time ot takes to report the case does not matter. This period is seen as the time when victim has the courage to speak up and expose the perpetrator. I commend the victim in this case and urge more women and men to repirt cases like this to the authority. We pray that Busayo gets the justice she deserves. I am disappointed in the reaction of the Christian Association of Nigeria(CAN) saying that it is not their issue. Everyone has a duty to sageguard vilnerable people and CAN is no exception.

6. Cecelia

June 30, 2019 at 8:30 am

Hahaha all these insults for someone who does not know you and whom you don’t know personally. California Brawler has been dying for my attention. I won’t stoop so low to trade words with anyone. I still stand by my words. In Nigeria no one is a child at sixteen. Have a lovely day.

• Tee

June 30, 2019 at 12:09 pm

Cecelia, a schmuck clearly describes who you are. That’s all.

• Ephi

June 30, 2019 at 8:21 pm

Carry this your ignorant mentality outside Naija, you will come and see wen! A number of your counterparts that carried such mentality to the Western countries are cooling off in jail now for R.A.P.E.

7. Zinny

July 1, 2019 at 2:09 pm

My dear Cecilia, this is not to insult you. Your posts just shows how ignorant you are and this is a teachable moment.First, kids have different maturity development rate and it depends mostly on environment. A female child who grew up in the church, most times the reality of the world on matters like this is something they lack at 16.Secondly, our parents generation were not open to their kids about sex, rape and other sexual related issue. So when they are faced with such issues like this, first they try to handle it themselves thinking they are adults and if it doesnt work they live with it out of shame untill something happens as in this case. Another thing that affected Busola is the lack of the father relationship which the pastor took to manipulate her. Several women and mothers of today understand this. #ISTANDWITHBUSOLA.