Connect with us

BN TV

The New Netflix Naija Docu-Series “Journey of an African Colony” takes us through Nigeria’s History from Colonization

BN TV

Published

 on

A new documentary series “Journey of an African Colony“, produced and narrated by Olasupo Shasore, the former attorney general and commissioner for justice in Lagos State and a historian and writer is premiering on Netflix

The seven-part docu-series will take viewers on a journey of Nigeria’s history from colonization, its part in world history and its march to independence. The documentary is produced by Quramo Productions in association with Nemsia Films and is led by Executive Producer Gbemi Shasore, directed by BB Sasore, and produced by Funmbi Ogunbanwo.

Watch the trailer:

3 Comments

  1. Uzor Miracle

    October 10, 2020 at 8:53 pm

    This has indeed widen my scope of my Nigeria today. I have always seemed for answers just like this thank you
    OlaSupo for this empowerment

  2. Gary Clor

    October 11, 2020 at 8:48 pm

    I noticed this series on Netflix and was expecting a balanced, informative documentary on colonialism in Nigeria. After watching episode one, my high expectations were rudely dashed upon hearing the outrageous exaggerations from this alleged scholar. Mr. Shasore states in episode one that four million slaves from the area of present-day Nigeria were sent to the east coast of the United States. OH REALLY!!! How can this be when only four hundred thousand slaves were shipped to North America out of a total of 10.5 million transported during the entire trans-Atlantic slave trade, from 1500-1850? That is, roughly 4 percent of all African slaves went to North America. The other 96 percent went to the Caribbean, Central America, and Brazil. Frankly, I and disgusted and appalled with this type of anti-American propaganda posing as history. The author is either grossly incompetent or maliciously dishonest in his presentation. Whatever the case, he should be deeply ashamed.

  3. Cyril

    October 12, 2020 at 11:14 am

    The presenter did a good job digging into available facts and presenting same. The truth is that there are many more undocumented truth of the colonial era and slave trades perpetuated against Africans. It was an educative weekend for me. This has helped me to understand the 3 different phases of the Nigerian nationhood… colonial era, self rule which plunged the country into a brotherly bloody war, then the civilian rule of present day corrupt and incompetent leaders.
    Thank you Mr Shasore.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Star Features

Advertisement
css.php