THISDAY STYLE: TWINS

I have absolutely nothing to blog about!!!
I am all blogged out LOL!
I take that back, I have stuff to blog about but I dont have the photos….
When will Nigeria get their own Getty Images or Wireimage! Sometimes, getting photos is as hard as pulling teeth…
Oh well, I saw this in ThisDay Style some months ago and thought it was cute.
They did a feature on twins including Toyin Hassan-Odukale and Tosin Adekoya; Muka Nwokedi & Nina Agwuna; Omomo Akpata & Odio Oseni.

I am soooo fascinated by twins…..I think I want to have twin girls when I have children…
Oh well, the photos were taken by TY Bello by the way.
Have a great day…hopefully tomorrow I’ll be back with a bang.
29 Comments on THISDAY STYLE: TWINS
  • Anonymous October 17, 2007 at 9:24 am

I am first

• Anonymous October 17, 2007 at 9:29 am

Muka and Nina need to stop with the blonde hair. They both just recently lost about 20lbs a piece and now the blond wig. Just be yourselves people.

• Unbiased October 17, 2007 at 10:06 am

Well TY’s style is easy to recognise now. Lovely pics. Does she do personal portraits? I want one!!!!!!

• brookish October 17, 2007 at 10:42 am

They are all so pretty. I’m really feeling Omomo & Odio’s accessories…Tosin & Toyin…soooo cute,Toyin/Tosin’s ring…beautiful.Blond princesses-Muka & Nina…shapely mums. Bella- good job.

• onydchic October 17, 2007 at 11:27 am

I remember reading that article. The shots really are wonderful. I’ve never, however, understood why twins dress ALIKE. and why so many people want to have them!?!?
    Like your blog header pic BTW.

• Mona October 17, 2007 at 12:40 pm

i love this post!

i didnt know ODIO OSENI was a twin!

nice one bella…..

so u r prayin for twins eh :P:P well unless u use fertility tablets u have to have twins in ur fam or ur baby daddy hehe

• Mona October 17, 2007 at 12:41 pm

i love the blondies too

hehe

• Mari October 17, 2007 at 5:54 pm

thats really cute!

• Oyinlade October 17, 2007 at 7:42 pm

The blonde ones look like dolls haaa
    cute article.

• Sha October 17, 2007 at 7:56 pm

awwhw.. cute! I want twins too.. a boy and a gurl tho :-D

• Tutsy October 17, 2007 at 8:04 pm

Aaaaah…twins love them!!! Now i absolutely loved Nina & Muka’s blonde weaves…i think it compliments their skin-tone….now i wouldn’t suggest going blonde all the time but i have seen them rawking thier natural hair free of any hair-color or high-lights…so a little change here and there doesn’t hurt.

• Anonymous October 17, 2007 at 9:01 pm

Wow thanks for the article as I really enjoyed it. It is nice to see such beautiful black belles as I reside in London and do not always have the time to buy Naija newspapers and mags. The Kasumu twins are still as pretty as ever and they were my seniors at International School Ibadan in the 80s. Keep up the good work Bella Naija.

• Anonymous October 17, 2007 at 9:39 pm

twins r cool, i wish i can also have some…Bella r u with me?

• Dimples October 17, 2007 at 9:42 pm

Nice one Bella…saw this article..and read it over and over again…
    Being a typical Naija babe I know Toyin and Tosin nee Kasumu…and they are beautiful and FAB women all in all…

Also I aint gonna hate Muka and Nina are fine chics…blonde or no blonde…let’s at least appreciate their African beauty.

• mofi October 18, 2007 at 3:50 am

lol what a dumb writer…sorry i couldnt get past the beginning…twins were hated everywhere? since when did calabar equal nigeria abeg ppl are taking this mary slessor thing too far…white queen of calabar? lmao

• Anonymous October 18, 2007 at 4:31 am

Nina and Muka are gorgeous, God bless them!

• chicala October 18, 2007 at 11:38 am

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!

• The Beads Factor October 18, 2007 at 5:44 pm

Hello! I just want to introduce my blog to you. I do hope you would drop by. Thanks

• Kpakpando October 18, 2007 at 8:45 pm

Muka and Nina are, as my mother says, “characters!” I mean they really love being called princess, as if their monarchy is recognized outside Naija, they’re a straight tip. But they’re determined to keep that their chick status sha, and although I don’t like their blond hair blue eyed get up sometimes, they have fun and really don’t care (at least they don’t seem to) what anyone else think and I love them for that.
    I’m fascinated by multiples, but the fear of stretch marks because of the double load makes me hesitate to say I want them.

• Adaure October 19, 2007 at 3:09 pm

Princess Nina and Princess Muka….they need their own reality show. Interesting to look at and I am sure they’ve got interesting personalities to go with the look and style. Me too I want twins oh, In fact triplets. Boy and girl combo or two girls and a boy. POP ‘EM ALL OUT… ONE TIME!!!!

• Iyaeto October 22, 2007 at 3:13 am

I’ve twin boys (7yrs old and I dress them alike). You can have them and see how u’ll cope for a week.

• shola pacheco October 24, 2007 at 9:43 pm

nice pics bella have u heart of jide alakija as well he is also a great photographer u can check him out at

and thanks for the wedding links,i dont think i need to do any more research when the time finally comes

• truth October 26, 2007 at 8:56 pm

Awwh. The Okpe twins are particularly glamourous, I like their subtle yet intriguing look.

My all time favs: The Kasumu twins. Why? My mum was a midwive at their delivery! She loves them!

• Anonymous November 28, 2007 at 3:46 am

What is the deal with nina and muka’s hair?? it is way too tacky and classless..wearing such fake and tasteless blonde hair pieces..when does the craziness stop!!!way way out of line…at their ages they need to know better..notice me or i die!!.the kasunmu twins are the cutest..

• Anonymous January 30, 2008 at 12:02 pm

Princessess Nina and Muka need to appreciate themselves, first. They need to retain their original figure. Be themselves.

For starters they are igbos. They are married to typical igbo men. No Americana, no nothing; typical igbo men!

Residing in Lagos or not, they should be themselves.

• Anonymous March 6, 2008 at 4:28 pm

Nina and Muka are gorgeous. Everyone needs to stop hating on them. They have a right to lose weight if they wish and dye their hair blonde or wear a blonde headpiece. After all the blonde suits their skin tones. Why should women not maintain themselves? Look at all the Hollywood stars and what they do to keep up. The one and only Halle Berry has had a nose job, browlift, etc. to maintain herself. Why can’t others be allowed to do what they need to do to maintain themselves? Also, what does their beinging Igbo, being married to Igbo men, or living in Lagos have to do with how they should look? It seems some people are upset because Muka and Nina are light in color and are pretty on top of that. Get over it people. I am Igbo and I have an exercise routine, a nutritious diet, and regular maintanence such as pedicures, manicures, eyebrow grooming, and colonics. People used to put me down and say that I was acting white by taking care of myself (as if only white people care about how they look). Now these same people see me at parties or other events and will call me later to ask what I am doing to keep myself up. Go figure. All I have to say to Muka and Nina, you both look GOOD.

• Anonymous March 10, 2008 at 6:58 pm

@ anon 3:28PM: u sure have a lot to say about Muka & Nina, which is good but honestly no-one is hating on Muka & Nina, at least to my knowledge. (Let me speak for myself). Am not sure whether u saw their pictures at Ojy & Ope’s traditional and white wedding, they were not light skinned. They actually looked good. They both had black curly long weaves, had curvy figures – and they were obviously not skinny.

Yes. In life pple decide what they want in life regarding their appearances and that is fine. And then again, in my opinion, i prefer how they looked, then – to how they look, now. That doesn’t make me a hater.

I know that most igbo women are big-boned, so when they loose weight it doesn’t look good on them, especially, when both parents are igbo. (U can do a research on that, that is, if you don’t mind). This is not to attack you and i definitely don’t see and view myself as a hater. I try to be honest and see things from the other person’s point of view and perspective, as well.

I’d also like to believe that u do that, as well.

Halle Berry is mixed-race and we have always seen her as a curvy type of woman. All women can maintain their skin, hair, feet, vital organs, you name it, and there is a limit to all that, in all sincerity.

Because too much of everything, as we have been told, is bad.

I understand that they are no longer children and it is their choice and decision and that’s fine. Also, as a human being i would always have an opinion and that doesn’t make me a hater as long as i am not hateful in my verbal speech and approach to things.

I will now pass it over to you, if you don’t mind – what do you think?

• shirley February 25, 2010 at 8:53 pm

stop hating on my cousins

• LOLLIPOP August 29, 2013 at 10:03 am

I luv twins,am a twin(light),i luv muka and nina dey r my pick and i stil hv d edition of the magazine by this day,i believe n their choice of living,and besides dey r nt married 2 ‘typical’ igbo men,no b everybdy go marry whity,if u say u dnt hate buh ur comment didn’t say gud abt dem,if i becom wealthy 2marow ama hv a twin foundation cos of d xperience i n ma twin have.