Kefee Sings ‘Kokoroko’ Through the Storm

Posted on Thursday, January 22nd, 2009 at 9:32 AM

By BellaNaija.com

Its been a tumultuous few months for ‘Branama’ crooner Kefee (Irikefe Obareki), she went from media sweetheart to tabloid target. Her marriage to manager/record label exec Alec Godwin broke down amid various allegations. Yet through all this, Kefee has held her head up high, brushed off the negativity and focused on honing her talent. Any hint of pain or heartache is virtually undetectable on  her new album, ‘Kefee: 5 Years of a Phenomenon’. Instead, the album is uplifting and upbeat. According to Kefee,

“…I call this material More of Me because as a gifted person, I am showing pieces and crossovers of what a truly talented person and skilled musician can do with any type of music.”

“The core message is of course gospel ministry; however, besides making people happy also, I wrote the songs for hearts that are hurting; I am hoping the lyrics heal the heart and put a smile on the face of anyone who hears it.”

Not content with making great music, Kefee is investing a lot of her energy into her non-profit, Kefee Peace Foundation (KPF). Her new track ‘Kokoroko’, a collaboration with fellow Niger-Delta ambassador, Timaya is burning up the radio charts.

Thanks NotJustOk

Be Sociable, Share!

Tags: , , ,

• Custom Search
  • 15 Comments on “Kefee Sings ‘Kokoroko’ Through the Storm”

Comments
    • Panda eyes January 22, 2009 at 3:12 PM

Hi Bella, we r stil w8in 4 d dtailed report on d futur awrds. Wot’s ‘appenin?

Also, were’s the look? U said daily

• jo January 23, 2009 at 3:48 AM

Bella,I think its ‘Branama’ not ‘Brenama’ – lovely song – Go Ms Kefee!.

• Juke January 23, 2009 at 12:21 PM

Gud 4 her. I heard she nw sings worldly songs.

• Soji January 23, 2009 at 1:49 PM

Great song by Kefee…esp just when we thot she was thrown to the backburners..Good comeback!

• NG January 24, 2009 at 9:09 PM

LIKE D BEAT. ITS IDEAL FOR A DANCE/ WORK OUT SESSION.

• obamachi January 25, 2009 at 5:48 AM

i hear mr. dem mama..nice collabo

• Ovie O January 26, 2009 at 7:40 AM

@ Juke, what you heard is not true. Kefee’s new album is 100% Christian. Infact, I think she put more effort into staying true to her faith than her previous albums. You’ll enjoy it!

*O.O*

• deltaGyal January 27, 2009 at 8:53 PM

I love it!!!

• haney29 February 2, 2009 at 3:34 AM

bin playin this song on repeat for d past 30mins n theres absolutely no diminishing effect….love it!

• ken March 5, 2009 at 12:34 PM

send me 9ja musicians pics

• ASO March 15, 2009 at 7:23 PM

Good job Bella. Kefee,don’t give up. Our God never fails. Just try not 2 go contrary 2 HIS way. Keep promoting Delta state n Niger-Delta at large. U 2 much.

• angel April 27, 2010 at 11:39 PM

am proud of u kefee and i love u so much kokoroko. please dont stop singing. the Lord is ur strenght

• Adeola April 30, 2010 at 9:22 PM

i love u so much kefee, pls dont 4get God, remember ‘na who kno u b4? no one. if no be 4 HIM. it is wel wit u

• ElynRose August 3, 2010 at 7:12 PM

kokoroko has been a blessing for me and my children to be precise. i wake up sometimes midnight to play kokoroko. thanks love!

• Cleaner April 20, 2011 at 12:15 PM