Introducing Di’Ja

Posted on Thursday, April 16th, 2009 at 8:56 AM

By BellaNaija.com

dija-bella-naija_005Nigerian-Sierra Leonean beauty Di’Ja (Real name: Hadiza Blell) is a rising musician taking the Canadian music scene by storm. Already, her first single ‘Rock Steady‘ is racking up awards and accolades, she was nominated for the Best Urban/R&B Single at the 2009 Canadian Radio Music Awards and won the 2008 Best New Artiste award at the Beat Awards. Di’Ja’s catchy music can be described as Pop & Reggae-infused R&B. There is more to this rising star though, she has a double degree major in biology and psychology and is eager to do her bit to promote African women in diaspora. We hope to hear more music from Di’Ja as her star keeps rising.

dija-bella-naija_002dija-bella-naija_008

For more on Di’Ja. Check out her myspace HERE

Be Sociable, Share!

Tags: ,

• Custom Search
  • 22 Comments on “Introducing Di’Ja”

Comments
    • Fatima April 16, 2009 at 11:01 AM

Woooohooo! I knew my girl will make it! Rocksteady was my 2008 theme song!

• jojo April 16, 2009 at 2:04 PM

ok , well any body ever heard of Laura Izibor, she is nigerian and irish, a neo soul singer, kindly check her out, whe will be on tour in the us with india arie

• Segun Williams April 16, 2009 at 2:37 PM

she s so fine

• nnenna April 16, 2009 at 5:18 PM

prrrrrrrrreeeeeeewwwwwwwwtttty girl…

• Qed April 16, 2009 at 5:50 PM

biology and psychology!!!

• YNC April 16, 2009 at 7:30 PM

Aww she is so cutie cutie…

• Notjust Ok April 16, 2009 at 9:59 PM

I like the sound..

• tatafo! April 17, 2009 at 4:39 AM

omg i so did not know that! i heard her on the radio and i thought she was a blue eyed soul singer like joss stone, duffy and them.
      i really like her single – from my heart to yours.

• Maryam April 18, 2009 at 6:28 AM

Hausa babe doing it for us!

• Bridget Oti April 19, 2009 at 12:50 AM

she’s Hausa?

• tola April 19, 2009 at 1:10 AM

her mother is hausa, her father is from sierra leone

• Fatima April 19, 2009 at 9:14 AM

Yup, she’s from Kaduna, though her dad is from Sierra Leane, she grew up in Kaduna! Only went to Canada to school.

• theChiaman April 19, 2009 at 3:05 PM

This is great, we went to the same primary school, Essence International, Kaduna, back in the day. OMG! Small world!!

I heard this song first in Oct., last year. Good to see her doing her thing!

• Jenn April 19, 2009 at 4:35 PM

From my heart to yours is by laura izibor

• Uche Eze April 19, 2009 at 4:35 PM

DUH,…THEN SHE IS SIERRA-LEONEAN…OR HOW DO THEY SAY IT?
      HOW IS SHE HAUSA??
      NAIJAS SHA WE CAN LIKE TO CLAIM….

• theChiaman April 20, 2009 at 11:28 AM

It is no claim, Hadiza’s mom is a Northener. I should now, we went to the same primary school (Essence International School, Kaduna), back in the day.

Even though she was older than me.

Anyway, I first heard this song around November last year. Glad to see the rest of Naija is beginning to realise Hadiza’s talents…

All the best Di’ Ja, the sky is your (you know what)

• ibrahim April 21, 2009 at 12:43 AM

diddis , god bless , i am so proud and i wish you every success in this world.

• wienna April 23, 2009 at 12:25 AM

Hmmm….trust my naija people…we must claim ‘someone’ sha. Is it me or does she look like the girls of Brick & Lace?

Nice song, btw.

• theChiaman April 23, 2009 at 10:32 AM

@ wienna, u shouldn’t talk to ppl u dnt even know like that, its disrespectful. Hadiza is no HUGE star for any of us to claim her. There were some confusions about her Hausa roots and some of us who know a thing about it decided to clear it up.

But even if we are ‘claiming’ Hadiza, if the chick blows, is she going to give any of us anything??? NO! But that wont stop us from supporting her career at its early stage and u know what, neither will ur hate!

• Dele G April 30, 2009 at 6:28 PM

she’s so cute! wienna, nobody was trying to claim, so sharrap!

• Dami Ashafa April 30, 2009 at 9:44 PM

it is sad dat wen gud talent or ideas come from naija it is deemed as claiming or impossible to do by a naija person… how can we move foward?!?!

btw such a pretty girl!!!

• StephanieIj April 3, 2011 at 7:28 PM

Ok, I just found Di’ja out…late right…nwais, I ran straight to Bellanaija to search for her and BAM! How do I get her songs cos I can’t seem find any on itunes but I can play em on her website..