One of Africa’s most successful female media moguls Khanyi Dhlomo walked down the aisle with her Nigerian-American beau, Chinezi Chijioke in a beautiful ceremony on December 20 2009 Allee Bleue in Franschhoek – the Cape Winelands, South Africa.
The bride, Khanyi is well-loved and respected in South Africa, she started her career as a newscaster and then transitioned to the magazine industry at age 22 when she took over as the Editor of True Love Magazine. Under her leadership, the magazine thrived and expanded into various countries outside SA including Nigeria.
It was while completing her MBA at Harvard Business School that she met her husband Chinezi who is from Arochukwu, Abia State. The couple met in 2005 at a fundraiser for the African Leadership Academy which was founded by Fred Swaniker – Chinezi’s classmate at Stanford Business School.
They met, the sparks flew and then a connection was formed and now they are married. The couple are now based in South Africa where Khanyi co-owns a media company which publishes various magazines including Destiny – a popular women’s business and lifestyle magazine while the groom is a consultant for McKinsey & Co.
Their wedding was a showstopping yet intimate affair. The event was set in the lush natural surroundings of the Cape Winelands with tents setup in a beautiful garden. The bride’s ivory-coloured strapless dress with delicate embellishments was by designer to the stars, Elie Saab while the groom was handsome in his black suit paired with a blue tie. In the presence of their guests including the bride’s two children, the couple pledged their love and commitment then proceeded to dance the night away surrounded by their loved ones.
Its such a beautiful story and they are really an inspiring couple! Two young successful Africans coming together to share their lives as one. Wishing them a very happy marriage and lots of blessings!
Khanyi Dhlomo Chinezi Chijioke Wedding Bella Naija0004
Khanyi Dhlomo Chinezi Chijioke Wedding Bella Naija0010
Khanyi Dhlomo Chinezi Chijioke Wedding Bella Naija0002
Khanyi Dhlomo Chinezi Chijioke Wedding Bella Naija0003
Khanyi Dhlomo Chinezi Chijioke Wedding Bella Naija0001

Khanyi Dhlomo Chinezi Chijioke Wedding Bella Naija0015

Photo Credit: JustCurious.co.za

83 Comments on South African Media Darling Khanyi Dhlomo marries Chinezi Chijioke in glam style
  • Say the truth January 7, 2010 at 7:07 am

Absolutely beautiful. Those are the only words that come to mind.

• Say the truth January 7, 2010 at 7:08 am

By the way… First!!!

• Olivia January 7, 2010 at 7:10 am

Yeah!!!! Our own Michelle and Obama as in repping the beautiful, smart and charismatic that they are.
    Very elegant and classy affair. Naija peeps can learn a thing or two…..sometimes our wedding decor tends to go overboard…but I still love my IGBO brothers! Nwa Aro, for that matter, hmmmn, Too cool, too fine, too smart…

• wunmi January 7, 2010 at 7:18 am

My My My………………..see class. Beautiful wedding, my God bless the union.

• Myne Whitman January 7, 2010 at 7:29 am

Beautiful pics, the bride and groom are absolutely gorgeous.

• Bola #1 January 7, 2010 at 7:57 am

simply beautiful…

• Ogo January 7, 2010 at 8:31 am

Arochukwu is in Abia State and not in Imo state… Pls make the correction Bella..

Beautiful Wedding, I must say!!!

Beautiful Couple too!!!

• takalani January 7, 2010 at 8:32 am

Wow is this a wedding? absolument magnifigue

• Nice Anon January 7, 2010 at 9:08 am

What an elegant wedding!!!!!!! I mean the contemporary style screams simplicity and class. I am in love with the style of the wedding. Best of luck to them.

• Lungi January 7, 2010 at 10:00 am

the wedding is what could be expected from Khanyi; Classy, stylish and simply beautiful, indeed our own Michelle and Barack

• Fatdiet January 7, 2010 at 10:16 am

Enchanting. I wish them all the best in their union.
    What a fine looking couple.

• Dith-H-P January 7, 2010 at 10:32 am

GORGEOUSNESS!!!
    Fabulousity, all of that!!

• Rhoash January 7, 2010 at 10:47 am

Very pretty venue…hope the kids were left at home, considering the black and white setting…lol

• babalwa January 7, 2010 at 12:18 pm

I am sooooo happy for Khanyi, she deserves this kind of brother after her 1st husband. All the best of luck to them. Chinezi seems to make her really happy.

• CYNTHIA January 7, 2010 at 12:18 pm

Elegant and class…

• babalwa January 7, 2010 at 12:20 pm

Simple yet elegant….the best of luck to them

• Ntokozo January 7, 2010 at 12:42 pm

very beautiful wedding, and the cople is so beautiful.

• ngum January 7, 2010 at 12:52 pm

wow! best wedding pics i’ve seen on this site so far.

• duchess419 January 7, 2010 at 3:48 pm

too much, this is very very beautiful, may God give her rest with this man, she has been so unlucky in love but as they say 3 times lucky. Well done and he is a HUNK jare, wow!!

• Teablinks January 7, 2010 at 4:48 pm

This is WOW….BEAUTIFUL

• Caramel4u January 7, 2010 at 5:20 pm

wow! like the event planner stole this idea from my dream wedding…lol

• Abeni Ebony January 7, 2010 at 5:46 pm

This wedding gets Best Bellanaija Wedding Pics from me!!! OUTSTANDING!!

• DorisSimeonAdeminokanFan January 7, 2010 at 6:15 pm

The guy is hella fine. Is he biracial? or 100 percent Igbo :shock:
    First time i’m seeing an Igbo man maarying from another town. I like it sha LOL

Me likes :kiss:

• iphie January 7, 2010 at 7:08 pm

truely elegant and class

• Chi-Chi January 7, 2010 at 7:24 pm

lolol….my friends will die, Chinezi is married!!! Beautiful beautiful wedding.

• NELISWA January 7, 2010 at 9:46 pm

CONGRATULATION KHANYISILE.I HOPE IT IS LOVE THIS TIME.I LOVE YOU AND YOU HUBBY TOGETHER,YOU MAKE A MATCH MADE IN HEAVEN.SIYAKU HALALISELA NTOMBAZANE!!!

• miyaki January 7, 2010 at 10:13 pm

nice pics, lovely couple. happy married life.

• Julia January 8, 2010 at 12:24 am

When I saw this, I googled her name and boy did more information come up and bella I know where you got this pictures from. She is an inspiration and boy do people have bad belle out there!!! I am inspired to work hard at what I have set out to do so I too can be described as a successful mogul! I am determined and before I go on congrats girl I am happy for you

• D January 8, 2010 at 1:25 am

extremely classy wedding…..nigerian wedding planners shd take note!!!

• Ada January 8, 2010 at 3:23 am

Dont mean to ignore the bride but damn! that man is foine!!! haba..see those eyes..lord help me!!..lol..the pics dont do him justice at all..he’s much finer in person..yep she married THE perfect man..

• MJ January 8, 2010 at 4:36 am

this is the classiest wedding i’ve seen on this website. and the FIIIINEST groom too!

• Faramade January 8, 2010 at 5:24 am

Wow…this chic made sure she locked Chinze down. Remember him from my McKinsey days. Oga..another one bites the dust..happy married life nonetheless

• Faramade January 8, 2010 at 5:30 am

lol..i know right? Left them naija chics for a woman who already has two kids…LOL!

• Ada_response January 8, 2010 at 7:52 am

i’m a guy and i hear you, but damn please take a look at the bride again…she is hot…i think he did well too…

• Azeez January 8, 2010 at 8:39 am

stop displaying ur ignorance

• Chennai January 8, 2010 at 10:07 am

Stunning and down to earth lady all the best sis!

• KK January 8, 2010 at 1:35 pm

maybe the first husband deserves someone better than her too?
    what do you think?
    or is she the only one entitled to someone better?

• Suzanna Efiok January 8, 2010 at 3:23 pm

Lord, this comment is indescribable! I do hope you really don’t believe that ALL Igbo men are married to only Igbo women? And are you blaming his being biracial on his “defection?”

Yes, in Igbo families they do tend to encourage both sons and daughters to marry within the tribe; however, there have been plenty who have married people outside of their tribal affiliations. My cousin is married to an Igbo man and we are definitely not Igbo, another friend who is Yoruba just married an igbo man as well. This is the sort of close minded, tribal bias that turns me off my own people. Because you haven’t seen it with your own eyes, doesn’t mean it doesn’t happen. Some of Nollywood’s brightest stars are Igbo-Yoruba heritage, eg Desmond Elliot and Segun Arinze.

The man did not find love with an Igbo woman nor with a Nigerian woman of another tribe but he did find it with an African woman of another country with two children! It is all good in the hood!

Beautiful, classy, elegant, seemingly fun-filled wedding. I wish them the very best.

• N.Vixen January 8, 2010 at 5:31 pm

WOOOWWW this wedding was truly ELEGLANT the color play the set up so pretty!! and the groom SO FINNEE!!! chei!! lmaoo i wish them a happy married life, i didn’t know True Love was a SA mag i thought it was Naija, she is a serious entrepreneur..=D

• mutallab January 8, 2010 at 6:29 pm

how i wish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

• Dorah January 9, 2010 at 3:13 am

I know that’s right!

• Ruby January 9, 2010 at 5:00 am

So what if you know… ptcheeeew! At least she took the time and effort to bring it to your view which is how you got to know about them in the first place… you go Bella! Thanks for being an inspiration to us and bringing us those positive stories about Nigerias and Africans!!

• Fine Babe January 9, 2010 at 12:33 pm

Now, this is what you call classy. What a classy event! Best of luck to the couple. God bless their union. They seem like a great match.

• Divalicious! January 9, 2010 at 12:34 pm

OMGosh! She’s once divorced, with two kids and six yrs older than him and yet she caught him?! Ahhh…. there’s hope for us!! Congrats to the happy couple! lol

• Nneka January 9, 2010 at 5:30 pm

“It’s all good in the hood”

LOL LOL and more LOL! love that!

• mo January 9, 2010 at 11:57 pm

Calm down sha. She was just asking a question. (Is he Igbo?) And then making an observation. (He’s marrying from another “town.”) Nuttin dey spoil!

• Tandi January 10, 2010 at 7:35 am

Kanyi you are one of the best ladies Mzansi ever had, and once again best of luck Girl with your Handsome Hubby you are a great couple .
    All the happiness in your life you deserve it !!!!!
    Sis T

• KK January 11, 2010 at 1:17 am

the Nigerian edition is a franchise. the SA edition has been there since around 2002/3

• Nomfanelo January 11, 2010 at 10:48 am

Welcome my sister,
    I’m glad to have you, I’m married to a Nigerian i’m always labelled. Let’s show those who have bad comments about Nigerians that
    “Not all Nigerian are bad”
    Welcome may the Lord protect you & hubby in merraige.
    Best Wedding of the Year…
    Congraculation!!!!!!!!

• comment by nyiko January 11, 2010 at 11:54 am

Wow! i’m asking myself what is Dr. Sthembiso mkhize saying about the wedding of his ex-wife Mrs khanyi Dlomo- Chijioke? I think Mkhize is crying tears of sorrow now. Sorry Dr! Khanyi is now taken. Try next door.Maybe you will get someone who will replace khanyi. I think this is a life lesson to mkhize!

MY BIG ADVICE TO MKHIZE IS THAT HE MUST TURN TO GOD AND ASK HIM TO GIVE HIM ONOTHER BEAUTIFUL KHANYI DLOMO WHO WILL LOVE HIM FOR WHO HE IS.

ALL THE BEST KHANYIIIIIIIII.I PRAY THAT YOU AND CHIJIOKE MAY LIVE A BEAUTIFUL AND PEACEFUL MARRIAGE. STSAY SWEET………

• PJ January 11, 2010 at 2:10 pm

Beautiful…. a very classy wedding, always loved the idea of a nice, romantic setting for a reception. Love everything. Congratulations to the couple, u look very happy!!

• Lonelyeventplannerwho has all these so gr8 ideas January 12, 2010 at 7:52 am

If u av money not mouth, dat’s hw a wedding shld look like..not all our naija event planners’ abracadabra lights effects..im so sick of ‘em.

• yolanda January 12, 2010 at 9:23 am

Truelove magazine has been around for decades, Khanyi came in as editor in 1994 or 93, thereabouts. Congrats to the newly weds. Khanyi: Its better the second time around ’cause you now know better what you are doing and your bottom line.

• neli January 12, 2010 at 12:18 pm

congratulations to both of you!! Khanyi, you are my inspiration , you are truly beautiful inside and out and I love the fact that you are down to earth!!I am a religious Destiny subscriber, and love the workshops. you are both blessed, and many more blessing for the future!!keep shining (nikhanye):)

• Zaem January 13, 2010 at 1:35 pm

Congrats gal,

U became my role model when i first met u kwaMkhize @ Umlazi, I was 8 years old then, u have been an inspiration to me and other young women.

I hope to marry my Nigerian boyfriend one day, I guess these people they know how to take care of woman. I’ve been blessed and happy with him.

• Tunde January 14, 2010 at 6:18 pm

My Sister it’s not just about the money, Humility breeds Class

• Nomfundo January 15, 2010 at 9:52 am

She’s the upper crust. Although she was born with a silver spoon in her mouth she has shown that rich gals can work even harder and build their own legacies!!! Humility humility … kuyakhanya ngempela kwa-Dhlomo … Nigeria has inherited a beautiful soul …

• nonku January 15, 2010 at 2:28 pm

Khanyi , you ‘ve always ben a trendsetter with a heart of gold , you deserve nothing but the best and you got what you deserve. The whole of SA cried with u when tjings went wrong the first time around , but believ me girl all angels are smiling down on you right now, This one is meant to be, Wishing you and Chinezi a long beautiful life together, you guys look so happy together,
    i watched the wedding on Top Billing your guy has loads of class, you could not have chosen a better partner

• Aimie January 16, 2010 at 5:51 pm

CLASS!!! Simple Amazing design,Nigerians what the heck do you do with all your so called money. take a hint, ok!

• kechy January 16, 2010 at 11:07 pm

@azeez bless you brother you hit the nail on the head.

• kechy January 16, 2010 at 11:09 pm

did you have to stress the “with two children” part?

• kechy January 16, 2010 at 11:11 pm

mwah you said it. i don’t know why naija weddings are so boring and yes i am a nigerian born and bred. both in lagos and ph city and those events i attend and they call wedding is bull crap to me. sorry but i have to say it when i see it.

• helen akinbamiyorin January 17, 2010 at 7:33 am

i dnt know her!
    but her wedding is beautiful!
    i love it!

• Sebolelo January 19, 2010 at 9:24 am

For all that you have achieved, all that you have overcome, and all that you are, Khanyi! Well done. Keep it up.

• berry January 22, 2010 at 6:32 pm

dis wedding was ordained in heaven,u guys er meant 2b.nice location,i would wnt my wedding location 2 b like dat.beauty of nature and beautiful couples wat a combination.u both er really cute wit great achievments in life.wish u guys a blissful marriage and wonderful+beautiful kids.keep up d good work

• silkywave January 30, 2010 at 7:00 pm

this is an amazinggggggggggggggggggggggggggg.. weddingggg.. one of the best i have seen in recent times!!! WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

• Jewel Mmule Raborifi February 9, 2010 at 1:02 pm

It is a dream and a wish that came true and displayed your potential. I am happy for you and it will last forever. God bless you sister.

• Soso-Eastern Cape February 21, 2010 at 4:48 pm

Induku entle igawulwezizweni, wenze kakuhle Khanyi.Ndininqwenelela ubomi obude obuzele ngamathamsanqa!! Yonke into intle qha,no buts, Sitsho njalo ke xa kukuhle. Wonwabeleni umtshato wenu.

• betty February 24, 2010 at 1:38 am

well i must have to say u are right .the difference really is very clear between the two countries,this venue is really beautiful and the white decor…..hmm heavenly.yes Nigeria what do you do with all the cash????

• Nombulelo February 24, 2010 at 3:26 pm

I always followed the story about the late lady Dianne – but you became our Lady Khanyi from long time – you are such a humble and beautiful lady – you deserve the best. I wish you all the best in your marriage

• SALYN February 24, 2010 at 11:46 pm

Very pretty bride, she reminds me of Cheryl Cole – their smiles are similar. Wishing you both a truly happy married life that lasts forever.

• Thembakazi Sicwebu February 26, 2010 at 11:00 am

Sanalam this is an extremely beautiful wedding, high class. I am a wedding planner myslef but this standard….wow. You’ve been an achiever & alwayz be. You are a role model of many ladies & that includes me. You are Blessed.

• Calm down March 8, 2010 at 8:42 am

@ Suzanna Ejiok
    Calm down. All she wanted to know if the guy was igbo or biracial igbo.
    I do not think she meant any offense with the last comment. calm down
    @Dorissimeonfan
    The guy is 100% igbo. He’s a nigerian-american. Both parents are igbo but he was born in America

• phidelia November 16, 2011 at 11:55 am

his dad moved to america from nigeria. he married a white american girl… we saw them on south african t.v his parents… thats the story.

• fokasibe March 8, 2010 at 3:59 pm

Mechionu there Betty and Aimie!! Didn’t you see the groom is Nigerian? Abeg charrap!! It’s still our money!!

• Pinky Mzondo May 14, 2010 at 9:50 am

Well done sisi! Have been an inspiration to me for very long. I like you for one thing, being yourself, anyone you fall in love with to accept you as you are (that’s now what are presume is your principle, and I love it). And Shuttleworth? I like the fact that you did not have to cling on him because he is rich. You left him when the time came, as you/one would do to anyone, rich or poor. That’s why I inspire you.
    I lost my X husband through another woman who was targetting the so called doing well partners, but today I don’t regret because I think he never had principles and values that I still have now/had then. Keep up and may God bless you! Do not forget to trust God in everything, I do, that’s why I survive mostly in Life, because in that way I do not loose hope even when things are worse… Send my love to your husband and your two lovely children. Your wedding was stunning, I watched it on Top Billing, and it was as elegant as I anticipated, because that is “You” Khanyi, “Simple and Elegant with a polite smile”. I wish I had more words. Love u Lot’s! You deserve it!!!!

• Irene August 5, 2010 at 8:56 am

Khanyi, you’re a beautiful and humble person. May God bless your marriage.

• me October 27, 2010 at 3:17 pm

gosh i love this , this is beautiful

• bibiche December 8, 2010 at 12:55 am

gosssssssssssssssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh love it

• Pakama March 27, 2011 at 4:07 pm

What a beautiful wedding for such an aspirational lady. I lady of class, clever and successful . U go girl u deserv happiness, i wish a happy life

• ntombi November 14, 2011 at 9:25 pm

what a wedding khanyi i have always love you since the days u were reading the news yo smile, yu are so beautiful, i dont even have enough words to describe yu. nomkhwenyana handsome what a choice girl im wishing yu good luck ths time around.

• Retrochic December 18, 2012 at 4:17 pm

Best wedding pix so far

• Reginah July 22, 2014 at 7:29 am

I realy like this wow I am inlove with a nigerian guy with. To be forever God bless us