Music

New Video: Banky W – Lagos Party

BellaNaija.com

Banky W Lagos Party Bella Naija0026
New video from Banky W! Its the star-studded video for ‘Lagos Party’ – directed by Kemi Adetiba.
Check on it.

1. Ifeoma-adiagwuagwu

January 6, 2010 at 12:08 pm

The song is cool and I like the collaboration with D’banj, Naeto C, 9ice, et al. Banky has a melodious voice – I know…. its more popular with chicks, for example, Kim Burrell. And then again, his voice is cool. Nice one. Banky is really trying. I like their concept of working together with other artists, it is like keeping it in the family. They should just keep it up. It will encourage the Naija music industry to go farther than it is expected. 🙂

2. sweetie

January 6, 2010 at 12:39 pm

yay!!!!!!!!!!!! i am the first!!!! Finally the video is out woohoo, my blood don cold now , love you banky, xoxo

3. Bubbly Bliss

January 6, 2010 at 1:49 pm

Very impressive! I love this video the quality and the concept… 🙂 Banky you too much oh!

4. abisola

January 6, 2010 at 2:08 pm

another heavy video……….niceeeeeeeeeeee

5. neks

January 6, 2010 at 2:15 pm

HAWT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Loving Ebuka aka Bubu in this video at the end…sexy as hell!!!

6. beezy

January 6, 2010 at 4:29 pm

If Ebuka didnt show face in this video….. I for die!!! Dude is all over the place is’nt he???…lwkmd!
    on a different note though, realy nyc video, clean, clear, tight… good job Kemi….good job…

7. yewande

January 6, 2010 at 7:27 pm

i think i expected more….. the lighting was not good some scenes but the ideas were nice not sure kemi is up there yet as a director

8. sweetie

January 6, 2010 at 8:15 pm

🙁 thought i was the first to comment hehe oh well……big ups again to banky . Nice work….anyway even if banky should release a video taking a dump i would still love it 🙂

9. lola

January 6, 2010 at 10:30 pm

na wa o…some people don’t do anything but look for flaws in already perfect work..i call that hating…except you are a director your self i don’t see how you can judge anothers work….i know it is your opinion but apparently you are the only one who found something wrong in this vid, which speaks more about your own taste than the directors work….

10. echez

January 6, 2010 at 10:33 pm

child’s play. Utter disappointment. Now I wish a video was never made.

Wot the hell was Banky doing acting like a shy newbie on cam or was he trying to be cute. He’s too experienced for that. Everybody was just acting up for camera.

Glamour = 10
    Video Quality/Clarity = 10
    Charisma/Character/or anything of the sort = -1000.
    Everything just looked so fake and disorganised. Like a bunch of nobodies trying too hard.

ABSOLUTE RUBBISH
    bitterly disappointed.

Infact, somebody hold me… i dey vex

11. Kpakpando

January 6, 2010 at 10:39 pm

I like the song, the video complements it nicely. All that hair is making me want to order some more weave sha… thank God I didn’t see too many offending lace front wigs.

12. Ayodeji

January 7, 2010 at 1:45 am

Yewande, I’m confused, why exactly were you expectiong more? Personally I loved the video, and I’m not a Banky W fan and would rather not have to look at him (he reminds me of Craig David who irritates me – go figure) but I respect his vocals….and the video was tight! Much nicer than most “party” themed videos I’ve seen. both locally and internationally. Not too sure what the Ebuka groupie was raving about though….

13. beezy

January 7, 2010 at 2:40 am

we just must find something to bitch about…. must’nt we??!!… i tire for people sef….mschewwww…..

14. ojaybaby

January 7, 2010 at 3:19 am

LOL! so funny i love the whole video,dude cant help it he is such a clown..i love when d babe put lipstick on his mouth then rubs feet LMAO

15. Uzo

January 7, 2010 at 10:53 am

Its a feel good song with a tongue in cheek video….Love it…

16. Dith-H-P

January 7, 2010 at 10:57 am

Fun viddy! Just like the song!
    Banky W is a hardworker and that I appreciate! Love that hustler mentality.
    Still working on mine. lol

17. Mark

January 7, 2010 at 2:29 pm

Idiot put your real name. This is a nice video period!

18. Mark

January 7, 2010 at 2:33 pm

Oh yes any video that can make Noble Igwe look important and dignified is a fantastic video jare

19. 'LAIDE

January 7, 2010 at 4:33 pm

NICE VIDEO …. NAIJA WE TOO DEY TALK……….. THE VIDEO IS NICE OTAN ………….NA LIE SOME PPL WILL STILL HAVE SOMETHING NEGATIVE TO SAY PLUS PPL WE NEVER SEE CAMERA B4… I LAUGH……….

20. beezy

January 7, 2010 at 6:15 pm

LMAO….na real Ebuka groupie…. I don tire to see him face EVERYWHERE….

21. Atinuke

January 7, 2010 at 7:08 pm

Nice! Caught the concept of how we party! One thing though: the brown attire did not flow with the video concepot which was glassy and glossy. It threw me off because there wasnt a flow. Just my thoughts though.

Good one W!

22. tbn

January 7, 2010 at 8:24 pm

How is lace front wigs offending? I think its when its not well fixed that it looks offending…
    Nice video 🙂

23. Lil Phyne

January 8, 2010 at 3:18 am

It’s truly star studded and to think t’was directed by kemi………..ah ahn, banky, wat are u up to? i feel u mehn, sharp guy, no dullin! :-*

24. beautiful iris

January 8, 2010 at 9:37 am

Echez…abi what do you call yourself??Me thinks you were refused to take part in that video..Stop hating,that video is tiiiiiiiiiiiiight.Kemi Adetiba is a force to reckon with,Banky is a work in progress.Give them space abeggg…If you have to criticize there’s something called constructive criticism,yours is just pure hate/bs..Haba!!!

25. beautiful iris

January 8, 2010 at 9:40 am

Why are some dudes hating on Ebuka and Noble Igwe???Why??They’re everywhere..so???Bet you want to be everywhere but can’t be or don’t know how.Uhhhhhmmmm….na wa o!

26. beautiful iris

January 8, 2010 at 9:44 am

Big Upssssss to Lola Maja,the fantastic makeup artist on set.Love you to the bones babes.

27. az in...

January 8, 2010 at 1:25 pm

nice… I had to replay it… makes me miss Lagos :'(

28. KK

January 8, 2010 at 1:39 pm

Banky, this is a serious advice;
    Never dance in public again.
    Plssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice video.

29. echez

January 8, 2010 at 2:13 pm

beautiful iris, i beg no vex. It’s just that after videos like capable, strong thing… i expected more from him. No be hate. I just cudn’t hide my disappointment. Afterall i’m a fan, but me no come dey for sentiments.

30. ronami

January 8, 2010 at 2:31 pm

love it… as in it captured how we like to party mad!!!!

31. Cici

January 9, 2010 at 2:51 am

nice video, but where’s the talent? call me village girl, but I will rather listen to timaya, with his busted videos sometimes, 9ice, p-square, d’banj,yori yori, even the old traditional ibo or yoruba songs, even though i don’t understand all their lyrics. I’m just not feeling it all. I feel like Banky will just be another overrated artist, based on nothing, just like many American artists out there.
    But, he’s cute. How tall is he again? like 5’4 or less. I’m a tall girl, but we gon work it out.

32. Coco

January 9, 2010 at 2:34 pm

The video was okay… I would have expected more energy….more party energy that is. It just looked like a bunnch of people throwing a house party; not really party the Lagos way…still it was okay.

33. Abi

January 9, 2010 at 4:45 pm

Its always nice to see beautiful black women that know how to take care of their hair! Ladies, lace wigs are in! Visit us to view out product selection! Look and Feel Glamorous with The Lace Wigs Store! http://www.thelacewigsstore.com.

34. silva

January 9, 2010 at 11:20 pm

bad belle!!!!! u sound like u wanted sooo hard to be in the video, but u got bounced!!! lwkmd! the video is fantastic jo! just admit it to ur pathetic little self….lmao….

35. RedHot~

January 10, 2010 at 1:28 am

Loved the video!!! It didn’t look like all them tacky club scenes that the likes of Wande Coal make…Banky looked especially cute in 2.37….We are so getting married!! Hehehe……He just needs to loose the whole ‘Craig David’ thingy going on with his shave….

36. dora

January 10, 2010 at 12:33 pm

Where’s the talent? Have u heard/seen strong ting and my regret? Gosh… Look those videos up on youtube johhh.

And he’s almost 6 feet tall or thereabout.

37. silva

January 10, 2010 at 5:07 pm

OMG! u actually prefer timaya’s nonsense and rantings and meaningless repetitions to Banky’s flow? well to each his own….

38. silva

January 10, 2010 at 5:09 pm

i tire, naija and bad belle…

39. angelica

January 11, 2010 at 6:42 pm

looool well guess u cant satisfy the world init, there’s always gonna be beef and destructive criticism!!!!!
    i dont actually care about the hair cut, thats his cup of tea ( he still looks fresh to me) ………. i jst love his music, the party in the video is a bit more chilled than a typical lagos party tbh but den he did a great job howeva
    go banky!

40. ineyi

January 12, 2010 at 5:43 pm

banky doubulu u aka e.m easy. truth b told i liked and up graded u right from ur first album . tight video that’s wot am talking, thumbs up 4 u yagaye yagaya

41. randommer

January 12, 2010 at 7:14 pm

i concur on all counts
    dancing – maka why?
    loved the vid. who is the girl in the green dress. makes me proud be flat

42. Oluwaseun

January 13, 2010 at 1:56 pm

easy on banky w guys. he was only using a song to tell the story of how lagos parties run. isnt that easy to see? besides, this is a good one from kemi adetiba, she’s a green horn who seems to be doing well, good make up too, it wasn’t over the top. and if anyone thinks d party was overcrowded, that’s hows lagos parties are. so this is a simple lagos party story, finito!

43. Lady Rocks

January 13, 2010 at 6:53 pm

I totally agree with CICI on this one!

44. beautiful iris

January 14, 2010 at 10:37 pm

Echez,no wahala o and i’m not sentimental either.Just thought to point out to you,if you have to criticise make it constructive not “destructive” like Angelica said.

45. geez 3

January 19, 2010 at 9:57 pm

The guy is on point tho. Quality music all the time, he also has a sense of style but the se African artists need to start dressing like they are from Africa, they need some Afrolingo clothing!

46. Didi

February 10, 2010 at 3:14 pm

@Cici
    I’mma have disagree to with you on Banky W. Sometimes being an overrated artist is the way to go u said where is the talent?most nigerian artists dont have the so called talent u mentioned,most of them sound like bandwagons at least with Banky W u can easily place him in the rnb/hiphop category unlike some other artists like dbanj.

47. faith

April 22, 2010 at 4:20 pm

dis video was mad, tight, the shooting alone made sense…..kip it up banky, expecting more from u, better ones……..

48. thof

June 29, 2010 at 6:58 pm

yet another good song…

49. derin

July 27, 2010 at 6:17 pm

wow,i must say kemi adetiba did a fantastic job directing the video.it really is world class. a big thumbs up for the artiste and everyone involved in the production of the video.the hook is very catchy. no one will celebrate us nigerians if we dont celebrate ourselves.never forget that.no matter where you live in the world or what other passports you own,you always know where home is. peace