On Thursday 26th April 2012, Google Nigeria will bring together thousands of entrepreneurs for the Get Nigerian Businesses Online (GNBO) 2012 Web Fair under one roof in Lagos.
GNBO is a Google intiative launched in September 2011, aimed at helping small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs) create free websites.
Juliet Ehimuan (Google Nigeria Country Manager) said “The goal of the GNBO program is to make it easier for Nigerian entrepreneurs to grow their businesses by taking advantage of the power of the web. Over 20,000 sites have been created since launch, showing that SMEs in Nigeria are well aware of the opportunities presented by the Internet and are already benefiting from these.”
This fair will see participants create their own individual websites with support from trainers. Some of the benefits of registering for GNBO 2012 Web fair are;
- Access to a free and easy tool to create a fully functional business website
- Free gnbo.com.ng sub-domain name (e.g. www.mybusiness.gnbo.com.ng)
- Free matching mobile website
- Free web hosting
- Free Google collaboration tools for up to 10 users
Commenting on the 2012 Web Fair, Adeola Azeez (Chair Person of Women in Management and Business Group) said “The Internet presents immense opportunities for the growth and expansion of small businesses in Nigeria. Google’s GNBO Web Fair initiative is an avenue for SMEs to build their online presence and grow their turnover and build their business profiles. I encourage all businesses without an online presence to take advantage of the fair!”
Interested Participants who would like a free website need the following;
- A valid ID card
- An active G-mail E-mail address (If you do not have one already, Visit www.Gmail.com to sign up)
- A working Laptop or Tablet that is Internet enabled (If available)
- Prepared business content (Photos, company write ups and marketing material in digital format using a USB/ flash drive)
To register for this fair, simply log on to www.GNBO.com.ng/event 2012 and fill the form.
This fair is a must attend for all SMEs who want to gain an online presence. Don’t forget to register today, see you all there!
Date: Thursday 26th April 2012 – Friday 27th April 2012
Venue: City Hall, Catholic Mission Street, Onikan, Lagos