BN Bytes: Toolz Gets the Scoop on Linda Ikeji on Ndani TV’s “The Juice”

Posted on Saturday, September 1st, 2012 at 12:15 PM

By Onos O

On this new episode of The Juice, Toolz sits with blogger extraordinaire, Linda Ikeji and gets exclusive details on her begginnings in the blogosphere, stories that made her blog popular and so much more.

Did you know?

• Linda Ikeji‘s blog is a multi-million Naira business.
  • She started off as a career model from about 1998-2006 but stopped because she felt she was too old for the business.
  • Her first encounter of a blog was here on Bella Naija when an article about her was a feature; she quickly became a regular reader after that and fell in love with the interactive nature of the platform.
  • She started her blog in 2006 but didn’t start making money until 2010.
  • A few controversial stories really got her a lot of media attention, with run-ins with the likes of Richard Mofe-Damijo (RMD) and Toke Makinwa.
  • Using her blog as a platform, she was able to get a girl, Blessing Effiong, who was in Kiri Kiri Prison for four years without trial for allegedly stealing a phone, out of prison.
  • She doesn’t have any staff and handles her blog solely by herself.

To find out all the full details, watch the Full Interview here!

Be Sociable, Share!

Tags: , , , ,

• Custom Search
  • 48 Comments on “BN Bytes: Toolz Gets the Scoop on Linda Ikeji on Ndani TV’s “The Juice””

Comments
    • Pretty dee September 1, 2012 at 12:37 PM

Nice interview, love both Toolz and Linda but those questions she asked are the same old question everyone that interviews Linda asks…..

• funmi September 1, 2012 at 12:51 PM

am proud of linda. But pls get people to help you out with your blog and dont kill yourself

• Lolan September 1, 2012 at 5:12 PM

She should hire and contribute to the economy. It is so stingy of her

• Radiant September 15, 2012 at 12:40 PM

Hi Linda, just take the transitioning and structuring in good stride. Do your research, make sure you preserve the ‘soul’ of the blog, then hire. Wish you the best.

• Blackknight September 1, 2012 at 1:04 PM

Hmmm…So this is how Linda Ikeji sounds……Hmm, nice, I kinda like the deep and husky voice.Nice one Linda but please don’t try to change your accent….just stay true to who you are ok.
      I like you.

• naijasportsgists September 1, 2012 at 1:08 PM

Weldone Linda. You have done so well for yourself and the society.

• wag September 1, 2012 at 1:22 PM

she’s actually quite pretty… the pictures don’t do her justice…

• Bella Naija Critic September 1, 2012 at 1:23 PM

interesting! i actually like how original Linda was. and Toolz, gosh ur lipstick! my eyessss.

• Isima Richards September 1, 2012 at 1:33 PM

Wow! Congrats Sista! When I grow up I want to be like you. Lol

• Sbaby September 1, 2012 at 1:37 PM

Go linda…… And Toolzo nice lipstick reminds me of the female gremlin in the gremlins movie

• Laila Ikeji September 1, 2012 at 1:42 PM

Big, huge fan of Linda’s. You rock, gurl!!!

• NNENNE September 1, 2012 at 2:14 PM

Nice interview.

• adesoye September 1, 2012 at 2:26 PM

I love this interview cos she was true and original.nice one

• Na wa! September 1, 2012 at 2:29 PM

I liked the interview. That was nice.

• faith September 1, 2012 at 3:07 PM

I have never visited her blog but after this interview am bookmarking her blog!nice!

• rita September 1, 2012 at 6:23 PM

Are you serious??????

• hulo September 2, 2012 at 3:50 PM

She is definitely not serious. I see her digital footprint on almost every naija blog

• ROSELLAR September 1, 2012 at 3:17 PM

Not a very exciting interview….considering how controversial Linda’s blog is, however; I love Linda’s calm and confident facade.
      For Toolz, I love her too but her look didnt appear quite well put together.
      She had a pretty blouse with a beautiful neckline and in my opinion, she should have packed her hair or left it to fall to the side and she shouldn’t have worn the neckpiece….
      And too much gesticulating too for both of them and they both need to whiten/polish their teeth, lol.
      Overall, welldone to you both! You are both young ladies we are very proud of!
      This is just the beginning of better things to come……Amen.

• MsEzed September 1, 2012 at 5:53 PM

I concur on the teeth whitening very necessary.

• brittany September 2, 2012 at 7:12 PM

ehheeeennnn oya CONGRATULATIONS for that critical appraisal u just did

• Pumpkin September 1, 2012 at 3:36 PM

Thanks Linda for being real! No fake foné after making money like some fake people. Am a huge fan! Weldone and more grease to your elbow. mwah!

• moi September 1, 2012 at 4:03 PM

Go Linda!!!!!

• bottombelle September 1, 2012 at 4:32 PM

wow she is so real and down to earth…no false airs

• Atukpa September 1, 2012 at 4:33 PM

I like the pace of the interview. They both look lovely to me, well spoken. Kudos.

• Warri Girl September 1, 2012 at 5:09 PM

Linda is just 2much. Am a great fan.

• Ib September 1, 2012 at 5:21 PM

Always knew she was down to earth…this just confirms it.Go Linda!

• Janded September 1, 2012 at 5:37 PM

Love this chick more now. Muah

• lilly September 2, 2012 at 12:20 AM

me too!!! Love my name sake much more after this interview…xoxoxo

• MsEzed September 1, 2012 at 5:52 PM

I sense that deep down Linda is quite shy and has had to work on her confidence kudos for that. You’ve done well for yourself and that’s very impressive.

• hmm September 2, 2012 at 12:33 AM

True. She seems to be an introvert. Nothing wrong with that. For some reason i thought she would be the bubbly type. Smart chic tho.

• IVORY CHI September 1, 2012 at 6:04 PM

YAY!!

WELL DONE TOO LINDA

• Onakachi September 1, 2012 at 6:10 PM

This is the first time I’ve heard her speak. Nice interview. I like the shout out to Bella. Some people would not be able to admit that someone who is/might be a competitor inspired them. May God continue to bless both ladies.

Onakachi.blogspot.com

• Wow September 1, 2012 at 8:57 PM

Very refreshing to hear a Nigerian speak naturally instead of all the unnecessary ‘fone’ many Naija girls form. Good job Linda!!!!

• Pendo September 1, 2012 at 9:56 PM

well done Linda

• HappyChiq September 1, 2012 at 10:50 PM

So this is what Linda sounds like….very much like me!

• Klaire September 2, 2012 at 12:12 AM

Amen!

• lily September 2, 2012 at 1:43 AM

Linda Ikeji I love your dress!!! u scored 10/10 this time :) and yes i read ur blog err day *covers face*

• Bianca September 2, 2012 at 4:30 AM

I just love Linda, she’s just herself and down to earth. She’s my girl crush, love her to death. Her blog has been getting boring lately, I like her controversial topics.

• sweetie September 2, 2012 at 4:56 AM

I just watched the interview because i wanted to hear her Linda’s voice…..I love it!

• sparkz September 2, 2012 at 2:54 PM

Nice 1 LI….she changed d face of bloggin in Naija! Word

• TESSY September 2, 2012 at 3:51 PM

Luvly Interview! Pls allow me assist u Linda 2 help reduce d work load…4rm ur ardent reader-TESSY

lol

• brandigest September 3, 2012 at 10:23 AM
    • alex September 3, 2012 at 6:21 PM

love linda, but i was shocked about this post- 4 Lies Successful Linda Ikeji Told The Juice

• Nnenna September 6, 2012 at 7:26 AM

well as a tatafo i followed your link, and all i can say is dis- u n d writer (u for reposting it, n d writer for just being clearly dumb) of that post need to reboot ur brains, watch d interview well again n den re-process d information… *just wondering how d writer deduced all dat nonsense seeing as NOT EVEN ONE THING WAS FACTUAL…luking for cheap publicity hopin to pull traffic to ur page..o welll…….*

• Nnenna September 6, 2012 at 7:31 AM

I love linda die!!! i watched with certain expectations n d girl didn’t disappoint….. Omo yato si omo @ d end of d day!!! Well done linda, just hope u start thinking of strategies to sustain n grow ur biz even further… ciao!

P.S.. as a late bloomer I only just heard of d controversy with RMD- dude needs to go n SIT DOWN by d window n stop yarning dust… If he had some sense he would ignore it, cos if we decide to dig further, believe me- Linda will be d least of his problems–Nonsense!!!

• Toyin September 9, 2012 at 11:37 PM

Love this woman. So natural and real. Turned a blog to a multimillion business, so proud of her. Linda is a virgo, and trust me they are super shy and an introvert but really talented and smart. So, I’m not surprise that she seems shy. Love Toolz acent.

• me September 17, 2012 at 5:04 PM

stay der and continue building ur life around dat horoscope shit. shes a shy person yh.. doesnt have anytn to do with any nonsense zodiac sign