Introducing Mart-Life Detox Clinic – Nigeria’s First Modern Mayr Medical Spa

Mart-Life Detox Clinic is the new generation of modern mayr medicine combining both conventional and alternative medicine. Their programs provide each patient with individual diagnoses and analysis of his or her ailment using Applied Kinesiology and Asyra test.

Applied Kinesiology: It is primarily a diagnostic method that tests individual muscles and their change in strength using specific stimuli and therapeutic measures to derive insights into functional relationships and potential disorders.

Asyria Testing: It is a bioenergetics system that accesses 40 major organs in the body for any defect and carries out a customized assessment of what remedies can be used to restore balance. After these individualized diagnoses each participant will be given his or her treatment plan which will consist of a battery of the following services – these two tests will also determine food allergies and intolerances.

1.1 Phase 2: Natural Body Detoxification
In order to get rid of these effects, the body needs to go through a cleansing process called Detoxification. Mart-Life Detox Clinic’s programs provide a safe and healthy approach where the body can safely rid itself of all the toxins it has accumulated which is leading to mental and physical stress and sub optimal health and well being.

1. Abdominal Treatment: Daily abdominal treatment is a unique function of the Mart-Life treatment carried out by doctors using specialized modern techniques to increase bowel movement, increase blood flow to the digestive system, break down abdominal fat, improve respiration and restore the digestive system and return the abdominal organ to its anatomical position.

2. Colon Irrigation: It encompasses a number of alternative and modern medical therapies and machines to remove faeces, heavy metals and non-specific toxins from the colon and intestine.

3. Infra Red Cabin: This is an advanced form of treatment that uses infra red light which helps the body to release natural endorphins to soothe pains and aches in the body. It detoxifies by removing heavy metals like zinc, copper and lead out of the body. This process leads to relaxation by promoting circulation and accelerating the body’s healing process.

4. Electrolysis Foot Bath: It is an innovative method of helping the body eliminate unhealthy acids, heavy metals, toxins and pollutants from the various organs like kidneys, liver, pancreas and gall bladder through the foot by electrolysis (Exchange of ions in the foot). This is effected by ionizing the water in the foot bath.

5. Nasal Detox: Nasal Detox is skilfully done to cleanse the sinuses and remove heavy metals from the airways and brain to improve respiration, used to treat allergies and chronic sinusitis’

6. Scenar Treatment: This is an electro stimulator neuroadaptive device (developed in USA) used for therapeutic treatments on the skin to regulate physiological processes in the body in order to relieve different pain-related pathologies to increase blood circulation to tissues.

1.2 Phase 3: Optimum Nutrition
Each client will be put on a customized nutritional plan depending on his/her needs and objectives of what they want to achieve from the program. Whether the client wants to lose weight or just to detox, a personalized meal plan will be drawn up to achieve the objectives in the time allotted which will give adequate amount of nutrients and vitamins to allow the body to rejuvenate which will include different herbal teas, vegetables and special stones to mineralize the water.

1.3 Phase 4: Relax and De-Stress Spa Therapy
Our team of physiotherapists will schedule various daily massages to perform different functions for various organs parts for each client lasting for 25 to 50 minutes. These massages include;

Massage Therapy:

1. Cranial-sacral massage: This is a gentle therapy designed to increase circulation to the head and spine and help to alleviate mental stress, neck and back pains, migraines, scoliosis and many more, while leaving you with a renewed clarity of mind and ability to focus.

2. Deep Tissue Massage: Using specialized massage techniques to penetrate superficial, deep muscle layers and connective tissues to enhance body function, aid in the healing process, remove toxins and promote relaxation and general well being.

3. Lymphatic Massage: This is a technique used to unblock the lymphatic system by manually cleansing the lymphatic system in a clockwise fashion. It increases lymph flow, removes toxins from the body and increases immune functions. It is also used to relieve joint pains, arthritis, menstrual cramps depression and cellulite.

4. Reflexology This is a relaxing method of stimulating the body’s self-healing properties by applying pressure to very sensitive parts of the foot which represent different organs in the body, using a highly specialized massage technique. It helps increase energy level, stimulate function of nerves, increase circulation, and relieve pains.

5. Exercise: This is among the most important building block of our health. It strengthens the muscles and cardiovascular system, removes toxins, reduces body fat, improves mental performance and improves overall well-being. Mart-Life Detox Clinic’s gym is equipped with different exercise facilities which the participants will be encouraged to use. We will have daily scheduled classes of aerobics, Yoga and Pilates as well as sponsored walks around the serene neighbourhood as well as water exercise in the swimming pool.

6. Sauna and Steam: All clients are encouraged to make good use of Mart-Life Detox Clinic’s Sauna and Steam rooms for maximum detoxification. Use of these dry and moist heat baths can help them to relax and remove toxins by increasing blood flow to various organ systems.

1.4 Phase 5: Report and Action Plan
To ensure you not only undergo diagnosis and treatment to distress and rejuvenate, Mart-Life Detox Clinic will provide a final recommendation regimen report to ensure you are able to sustain this new lifestyle change and ensure a continuous improvement to provide improved productivity in the work place.

2 Our Terms and Conditions
Mart-Life Health and Well Being de-stress and rejuvenate programme for a 3 day weekend retreat or a 3-10 or more days programme as follows;
10 Days – Price: N 700,000 – N 740,000
5 Days – Price: N 500, 000 – N 540,000
3 Days – Price: N 300,000 – N 350,000

Please Note: Cost difference is room type and therapies and a 50% deposit will be required to secure booking.

Key Activities of Mart-Life Detox

1. Welcome Lecture on Modern Mayr Medicine
  2. Initial Consultation and Examination for each client
  3. Comprehensive Asyra test for total body scan for defects and food allergies
  4. Health and Body composition analysis
  5. Daily Abdominal treatments to increase bowel movement and return the abdomen to its normal size
  6. Daily 50 minutes Full Body Massage (includes deep body massage, head and neck massage, myofacial release and lymphatic stimulation) or 25mins Express massage (cranio-sacral massage and Reflexology)
  7. Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation/ Scenar treatment for joint pains and inflammation
  8. Electrolysis foot bath to remove toxins and heavy metals from the kidney, liver, bile, pancreas
  9. Nasal detox to remove toxins from the sinuses and airways
  10. Infra-red cabin treatment, to increase body metabolism and remove toxins from the skin
  11. Hydrotherapy, for relaxation of the muscles and nerves
  12. Dietary evaluation according to F.X.Mayr
  13. Healthy Detox diets; Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
  14. Mineral stone water to replenish lost minerals
  15. Daily herbal infusions to help the detoxification process of the organs
  16. Mineral and Trace element supplements
  17. Final Consultation and Report
  18. Full use of our facilities which include swimming pool, Gym, Sauna and Steam baths

Contact: For more info and general enquiries;

_____________________________________________________________________________
Advertorial – Sponsored Content

31 Comments on Introducing Mart-Life Detox Clinic – Nigeria’s First Modern Mayr Medical Spa
  • ms_dee October 17, 2012 at 12:39 pm

740 000, i will get there :)

• Straight4ward October 17, 2012 at 12:59 pm

Hahahahahah!…They are Jokers!!!!!!

• chinco October 17, 2012 at 1:02 pm

I’m pretty sure this is some unconventional physiotherapist’s idea. Well every business is good business in lagos, goodluck 2 dem.

• kem October 17, 2012 at 1:18 pm

it is well with my soul

• BlackPanther October 17, 2012 at 1:33 pm

Am a criminal!!!!!!!!!!

• folake October 17, 2012 at 1:44 pm

chineke oh , pls 3 days fasting with plenty water all the way … na wa

• Debutante October 17, 2012 at 2:09 pm

Physiotherapy re-packaged!!!! Issokay… My advice will be to cut down on the price so that your business does not die prematurely.

• anonymous October 17, 2012 at 2:17 pm

Finally a proper health farm for medical detox in Nigeria. Impressive

• Ufuoma October 17, 2012 at 2:33 pm

Love the idea of a proper health spa to detox. Nigerians need this!

• TK October 17, 2012 at 2:38 pm

Wow impressive! I need to loose a few pounds wouldnt mind going somewhere without any interuptions or food tempations to detox properly. Also Heard of Modern Mayr and the viva mayr book. Nigerians are doing big things

• Aisha October 17, 2012 at 4:49 pm

Anonymous and Ufoma, LOL!!! You people are too funny. I don’t even know what to say. I’m scared that even when I’m rich enough I won’t do all these things. But wait my grandma lived to a ripe old age and she didn’t do all these things na so what’s the issue?

• labelwhorre.wix.com/piecesly October 17, 2012 at 7:17 pm

740 thooooooooooooooooooousand….mbanu , hmmmm maka y is the price to high.. all this for detox almost 1 million to poop and see the toilet more often. i will drink my prune juice for $1.99cents..and detox my body.

• iamfascinating October 17, 2012 at 8:30 pm

good idea,

• Olu October 17, 2012 at 9:26 pm

This is a welcomed health farm for Nigeria. I had the oportunity of spending 10days there I lost 10.4kg. I was at a similar center in Austria last year. Very comparable. Up Nigeria.

• ZK October 17, 2012 at 9:36 pm

Definitely not for the poor or middle class tchewww

• laila October 18, 2012 at 1:21 pm

@ZK so anything for the rich is bad? Haba……………!!

• Sandy Halliday October 18, 2012 at 2:23 pm

Looks like a wonderful place for healing. We could do with a centre like that in the UK.
    I think the abdominal massage is a very important part of the treatment while you are detoxing. Visceral massage is good too.

• sassycassie October 18, 2012 at 8:59 pm

740 00 naira, ke?! Osanobua!! I guess i’ll be sticking to my ayurvedic teas, workouts, healthy eating, store bought massage oils and milk baths

• Tolu Ayoola October 18, 2012 at 10:39 pm

My wife and I did the 3 days package over the independence holiday.I am both diabetic and hypertension and my wife is pre-diabetic. I can testify that the Mayr medicine therapy at Martlife detox clinic is working. I have not used my diabetic and the hypertensive medicine since we came to the clinic. My sugar and blood pressure have been and continue to be in the normal range up till now. 1st time in 15 years! I shall contunue with the martlife principles. Many thanks Martlife!

• Chiko October 28, 2012 at 3:31 am

Sorry but you and your wife could have gone to Cotonou, or somewhere close, stayed in a luxury hotel and rested in each other’s arms. Then come back home, and worked on healthy eating, and your diabetes and hypertension will be under control.
      1st mode of treatment is always lifestyle and exercise, even before medications. There is nothing here that was done for this price, that you wouldnt have been able to get elsewhere for a much cheaper price.

US doctor here by the way…

• faith October 21, 2012 at 2:44 pm

oya bn commenters abroad i want to ask u something…is detoxication places like Martlife this expensive abroad?

• csl October 24, 2012 at 5:39 am

not with those dirty walls, fake grass, conservatory etc etc etc

• Chiko October 28, 2012 at 3:27 am

Abeg for those expensive prices, you can just buy a ticket abroad for 1 week (N250k), stay in a nice hotel that has spa packages (N170k), rest and then spend N200k on small shopping, and rest, your BP will come down.
    Abeg make persin hear word.

• foluke Ogun November 2, 2012 at 12:36 pm

That is how people collapse on the plane or in the office. Just resting in a nice hotel for one week will not take your high blood pressure away. The underlying cause cayse must be identified and treated, that is what they do at Martlife. My blood pressure went from 160/100 mm Hg to 120/80mm Hg in 5 days of therapy at Martlife. No beauty spa could have done that for me. If you go shopping as you suggested a stroke attack could occur while shopping abroad. The overall expenses to address the stroke could go into millions not to talk of the possible permanent disability if one is still lucky to be alive.

• Segun Adebanjo November 2, 2012 at 11:58 am

People should not compare Martlife clinic to a typical fitness spa or detox program. The martlife clinic is like a hospital in an hotel/spa environment. Unlike those spas abroad it is managed by medical doctors, medical physiotherapists and nurses. The Kitchen is based on the Modern Mayr way of cooking. Consequently, there is diagnosis of the persons physical condition or illness followed by prescribe therapy and medication by the doctor, then the prescribed diet followed by different therapies to achieve a healthy state. I had the opportunity of visiting the clinic in July 2012. I am a 69 year old known diabetic with hypertension, my weight was on the high side having pot belly with arthritic. I had visited other spas abroad in Surrey England and in Scotland but could hardly walk and not ready to take a trip. My visit to Martlife clinic on recommendation of a friend of mine was a unique experience.After 10 days I was able to walk properly, my blood pressure and diabetics are not controlled with less medication the pot belly has very much disappeared. I now have a new eating experience with several life habit changes. I thank all the medical staff and kitchen staff for the excellent personal care and thank the founder fro bringing such a center to Nigeria. I am proud to be an alumnus of martlife.detox clinic.

• foluke Ogun November 2, 2012 at 12:26 pm

My experience with martlife clinic needs to be presented to help others. I had been married for 11 years and have difficulty in getting pregnant. I leave in Dublin and received treatment for my infertility in Dublin and England with no success. On several recommendations from friends I went to the Medical Art Center in Lagos fot my infertility treatment. The doctors did a series of test to determine why I was finding it difficult to get pregnant. All the tests came back normal except of my immunoglobin IgE which was extremely low. Based on this I was told that I had intolerance to some items which must be determined for a successful IVF. I was referred to Matlife clinic. THe doctor at Martlife did an Asyra test and Applied kinesiology test for me. They found out that I had lactose, intolerance, histamine intolerance, and several heavy metals deposits that compromised my reproductive organs. A seven day detox program was recommended but I opted for a five day program. I started a new life style as I got a list of several food that I was sensitive to that I must now avoid. I was amazed at the level of substances thatcame out during my foot detox. At the end of the %day therapy I had lost 4.5kg and my bulging belly was down, I could now zip and button my jeans without the belt support. I returned to the Medical Art Center for my IVF treatment. I got more embryos and had three transferred. I returned to Martlife clinic after my transfer to rest for another 5 days. When the pregnancy test was done 12 days after transfer I was pregnant. A very pleasant surprise to me and my husband. I am currently 14 weeks pregnant and all is well. Thank you Martlife and Medical Art Center.

• Faith onyalewa November 6, 2012 at 12:30 pm

martlife center is actually not like the regular spa we all know.Is the only medical spa in Africa with a difference ,is a place were you go to detox,relax, regenerate and rejuvenate and learn how to remain healthy. I thought they were joking untill i went there and my life has never remained the same.please if you want to have a professional touch go to mart-life detox clinic.

• Mrs Ugo November 6, 2012 at 1:17 pm

Mart-life is not a regular spa or an holiday resort as described by some. It’s a residential health clinic whose main focus is on prevention of diseases and elongation of lives. Their various medical therapies and detox diets really help to get your life back on track…I am a living proof of that! I first read about them in the guardian newpapers and because i’ve always been fascinated with spas and health farms. I decided to pay them a visit. I did a 3 day detox program in August which was worth every penny I spent! I never knew I had so much of toxins deposited in my system as revealed in the foot detox and the colonics! The abdominal treatment equally helped to remove 3cm from the belly fat I’ve harbored since my youthful days.At the end of my 3 days stay, I felt rejuvenated and invigorated. I still practice all the healthy tips and the home maintenance tips I learnt…..Double thumbs up for Mart-life

• Abiola November 7, 2012 at 11:13 am

@ Mrs Ugo and Faith, I quite agree with you, Especially with the abdominal treatment i received there, it helped in pushing in my tummy but the diet was killing initially but i survived it and i love the new chicky way i looked when i left the facility. I had 2 go and get new size clothes! Mart-Life you ROCK!

• Martlife doctor June 22, 2014 at 6:22 pm

Unfortunately those days are gone. We now have our environment polluted by toxins Produced by new technologies and industrial development. plus toxic GMO foods dumped in our country causing many lifestyle diseases like cancer high blood pressure and diabetes. all toxins need to be detoxed to restore one to good health