Posted on Wednesday, October 31st, 2012 at 8:07 AM

By Adeola Adeyemo

A few weeks ago, Nollywood actress, Tonto Dikeh released two of her debut singles, “Its Ova” and “Hi“, which has been creating major buzz.

In a recent interview with iROKTV, Tonto talks about her career and very interestingly, the man in her life.

Check on it!

Remember “My Backyard Crew“? The guys who won the D’Banj and Don Jazzy Oliver Twist Competition. Well, they are here again with another hilarious video – this time, it is a rendition of Tonto Dikeh’s new single – “Hi”.

Check on it!

Be Sociable, Share!

Tags: ,

• Custom Search
  • 35 Comments on “BN Bytes: Watch Tonto Dikeh’s Exclusive Interview on iROKTV | My Backyard Crew presents “Hi” Unofficial Video”

Comments
    • Ginika October 31, 2012 at 8:22 AM

I watched this interveiew on mute and all I can say is, it makes me like her.

She’s got a personality and she isnt shy about it. I think she also has a good heart, which I love the most about her.

• i no send October 31, 2012 at 8:24 AM

hilarious …..the song is really terrible..wantaramera..hehehe..why is semovita in the rap??

• Nma October 31, 2012 at 8:38 AM

LMAO @ the parody. She said “see ya later” and they wrote “semotiva”.

Tonto is sha eating her own words now sha…shoulda kept Gene and Omotola’s names out of it.

• Jay October 31, 2012 at 9:07 AM

Emilia is that you?!!!! LMAO! that was really funny though!

• Oyinlola October 31, 2012 at 9:17 AM

LMAOO…hilarious. They made the song worse

• Teeenaaa October 31, 2012 at 9:31 AM

hehhheeehhe!! One tin i love about her is her guts.. Buh d song no try sha #semovita# hahhhahahahaha Tonto haff kee me ooo

• Queen B October 31, 2012 at 9:54 AM

Lmfao,the song was soooooo funny.

• Radiant October 31, 2012 at 10:06 AM

I like the unofficial video. It was a good spin-off. Made me laugh.

• Radiant October 31, 2012 at 10:08 AM

I like the unofficial video. It was a good spin-off. Made me laugh. Folks are talented. Lol @ insert tattoo here.

• Chattyzee October 31, 2012 at 11:15 AM

This is the video of the year! It actually made me like a song a little bit…. lol

• jen October 31, 2012 at 11:33 AM

lolz…I af laf taya! http://studiochic-ng.com/

• Osezy October 31, 2012 at 11:55 AM

i like tonto’s gut but the video is really fuuny

• bola October 31, 2012 at 12:05 PM

her diction though????

• bola October 31, 2012 at 12:07 PM

I like that she doesnt send anybody sa

• TD October 31, 2012 at 12:09 PM

“I dont take the same character, from the next script, to the next script”. Oh, that part made me LMAO. Seriously, are you kidding me?

• Mademoiselle October 31, 2012 at 2:05 PM

Cosign! In my mind, I’m like ‘but babe, aren’t you THE SAME CHARACTER in every damn movie’???. Wow!

• Truth Hurts! October 31, 2012 at 12:27 PM

The lie that some of us CHRISTIANS believe especially our celebrities is that Holy God is the one blessing the works of our hands even when the very work itself does NOT Glorify HIS Holy Name and in most cases are carnal.
      Yes We sometimes fall short of HIS Glory but should we associate the HOLY LORD with our Unholiness?(the lost souls are also observing)
      Why say that God has blessed you in business when you cheat your customers?
      Why thank God for that husband or wife when you did not ask HIM in the first place to choose for you?
      AND WHY DO OUR CELEBRITIES always say BABA GOD and attribute their success to HIM all the time in their music videos PLAGUED with half Naked women and characterised with hedonism?
      It is Just a bit Bold and Ignorant. Thank God for the MERCIFUL and GRACIOUS BLOOD of JESUS CHRIST.
      Lord forgive me in any way I’m also guilty of this and forgive us all.

• Sbaby October 31, 2012 at 1:09 PM

Thus interviews as ade me lve tonto ohhhh, its POKO baby, keep doing you

• Sbaby October 31, 2012 at 1:10 PM

Excuse my yeye typo in the first post, This interview has made me love tonto ohhh, its POKO babieeee, keep doing you

• dera October 31, 2012 at 1:58 PM

So the interview was going good until she started talking about Genevieve and Omotola’s music career.I wonder what gives her the impression that she’s better than them. Tonto has not talent whatsoever and all that keeps her ‘relevant’ is her attitude and determination to stay relevant or get noticed! So she should just keep doing her and not criticize anyone ‘cos she is really not in a position to.

• dera October 31, 2012 at 2:00 PM

forgive my typos………

….music careers…..
      …… no talent……..

• cooltayo October 31, 2012 at 2:21 PM

If you notice in her interview, once they started talking about Wizkid, she stopped making eye contact with the interviewer when she was answering the questions. one can easily tell she is sooo lying.

• elyn October 31, 2012 at 2:28 PM

Tonto Tonto,i love ur guts though bt why u go fal my hand wit dis kind song nw?

• nich October 31, 2012 at 3:14 PM

her song is really nothing to write home about…………….but honestly tonto dike is really talented…..her voice is so natural and if many are given the opportunity….more stars would be out there………………the same with mercy johnson and ini……all of this ladies are really doing a great job at their level…….they are able to travel abroad….they drive big cars…..own investments……….most people at their age cannot even get a visa to south africa….tonto is a graduate of petrochemical engineering…..she has hit fame……what else can one desire in life…the good thing is that the better part of nollywood is still coming….i believe 10yrs from now there would be a stronger and better nollywood………

• a hater! October 31, 2012 at 3:27 PM

Tonto u don come again?

• realgist October 31, 2012 at 3:51 PM

go on girl………….

• Gidi Girl October 31, 2012 at 3:53 PM

Tonto Dikeh oooo “I’m a very expressional person…” LOL!!! See English!

• aby October 31, 2012 at 4:20 PM

SERIOUSLY?????
      still granting interviews?
      wonders shall neva end.

• Bolake October 31, 2012 at 7:01 PM

But this interview is old sha, saw it before the song was out

• huh? October 31, 2012 at 8:26 PM

Seriously,I far prefer her song to Helen Paul song or that of Julius Agwu….I still womder why so many critics

• Cynthia November 1, 2012 at 7:00 PM

I have laughed Nd laughed, I now have headaches, the video is so funny, lol@ insert tatoo here.

• Sylvia November 2, 2012 at 9:23 PM

Funny and Interesting video, kinda makes the song better but she shouldn’t have mentioned Gene and Omotola, seriously

• Chizeee November 4, 2012 at 6:58 AM

LOLLLLLMAOOOOOLLLLMFAOOOOOO!!!!! *insert all d laugh acronyms*…..MY BACKYARD CREW KILLED IT!!! Especially d lady with her chop chop hair who was talking while being made-up like Tonto!!! Haaahhhahaahahahahahahaaaaaaaa…………………..

As for Tonto…… U certainly took Rita Dominic’s cheap roles and forced her to up her game, i see dat…. But talking about Gene n Omo-T’s (non-existent) music careers was just WRONGGGGG!!! Haba….even a fly dat followed d corpse to d grave is wiser dan dat! Anyways dat said- If i had to compare music to music- Omo T first, You 2nd n Gene is last…(seriously wat was she thinking singing ‘i go jump, i go shout, i will scratch… bla bla bla b4 i give u my fist…bla bla bla m ga-eme gi many many things…’ —really???

• amaks November 4, 2012 at 5:00 PM

TONTO DIKEH!!! is this what you mean by doing it right! i am in Shock! WHAT!!!!!.
      And you have the nerve to mention Omotola and Genevieve.
      All i can say is U NEED TO GET A LIFE!!!!!!

• yvonne November 23, 2012 at 1:51 AM

O M G how dare u mention Omotola and GEnevieve’ s name little braggart! They rock while u TONTO is and will remain an Amateur. KMT