Sometimes it takes a quick glance at the cast of a movie to determine if it’s worth checking out or not. “Broken“, a new movie starring  Nse Ikpe-Etim, Kalu Ikeagwu, Bimbo Manuel and Maksat Anpe tells the story of a family torn apart by bad decisions.
Broken

The official synopsis offers an overview of this twisted tale;

Gabriel Ortega (Kalu Ikeagwu), a promising young man, gets Mariam (Nse Ikpe-Etim), a naïve teenage girl pregnant in a remote community where he was posted for his primary assignment during his National Youth Service year. He absconds to the city, leaving her confused and frustrated. In her naivety she abandons the child in a refuse dump, and he is later picked up by a Good Samaritan and taken into an orphanage. The lovers reunite in the city and get married, but after two kids they begin to experience marriage burn out, and eventually get separated. The divorcee each reunites with a new life partner and starts up a new family. A few years later, the mistakes of their past comes hunting, throwing their families and entire life into chaos; having to deal with a daughter who was sneaked out of an asylum where she has been for six years, a second son who has become wild with the street life as a result of frustration, and the son they abandoned in a refuse dump, now in prison on death row.

The movie was written and directed by  Bright Wonder Obasi and will be hitting cinemas soon. Check out the trailer below.

15 Comments on Nse Ikpe-Etim, Kalu Ikeagwu & Bimbo Manuel star in Bright Wonder Obasi’s “Broken”! Watch the Trailer on BN
  • maimuna November 12, 2012 at 1:56 pm

JUST WOW!watching the trailer alone got me emotional! so proud of NSE! brilliant actress!!

• nich November 12, 2012 at 2:16 pm

nse…..now is the new face of nollywood…….she is the cinema favorite

• Joan November 12, 2012 at 2:59 pm

Can’t wait. I strongly believe that Nse’s time to shine has come, everyone is starting to see her potential. Every single role she plays these days, she interprets so well. Kudos.

P.S.: If you haven’t seen her in ‘Mr & Mrs’, you should >>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sC3VBUyTZV8

• dont mention November 12, 2012 at 3:10 pm

she def is….n she def deserves it. from her acting, her diction n her mannerism, she got it all in one package. love her n wud see her movies anyday. this one is quite diff from the romantically based ones. so i look forward to it.

vikkyscreed.blogspot.com

• Yinka Ogunbajo November 12, 2012 at 8:55 pm

I just love her on screen, she portrays her characters so well! Kudos!

• Aba November 12, 2012 at 11:45 pm

I think this lady is now my best actress….I love her

• a hater! November 13, 2012 at 12:07 am

What I don’t understand is Kalu playin an NYSC corp. member. Like seriously…ds guy is 41.
    Nse nte (though a Fantastic actress) also I her late 30s playing a “naïve village girl”???
    Abeg must dey use known faces abi na Cinema faces??

• oMA March 28, 2013 at 3:46 pm

Calm down joo-did u see him being cast as a corper?does he even look uncorperly-critcise something else biko!!!

• well November 13, 2012 at 5:01 am

sadly another beautiful movie, we’ll never get to see in diaspora…..till today i havent seen ije :(

• X factor November 13, 2012 at 11:38 am

cool story line….

• Gee November 15, 2012 at 4:01 am

@ well – I concur. I always see all these trailers but no movie.

• cathy November 15, 2012 at 4:08 pm

nseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

• KingzbarbiE November 16, 2012 at 11:04 am

Really I like the fact that nollywood is shooting on red,5d n all but my question is why don’t they get the movies down to the masses I mean those that can’t and weren’t chanced to go see them at the cinemas? Really I don’t understand it. Hell yes I know the make all their money from cinema but for the sake of circulation pls. Don’t they see hollywood? It’s on cinemas and still gets to everyone

• Gina November 19, 2012 at 2:36 pm

After it is shown at the cinemas, it will be put on dvd/vcd for the ‘masses’. But note once its put in dvd format thats when the pirates move in, thats why most are opting for cinema releases. after shooting on Red, the producer must try and recoup his money first.

• Olori March 13, 2014 at 10:57 am

I dont make comments but Kalu your acting skills are not where it needs to be. take classes cos i can act better