isha-sesay
Congrats to Isha Sesay, the CNN International anchor got engaged this weekend on Saturday 5th January 2013 in the presence of her family and friends.
Her colleague Anderson Cooper put her on the spot a few hours ago when he asked her about her engagement. The bride-to-be was beaming with smiles and showed off her dazzling engagement ring.

The Sierra Leonean/British television presenter grew up in Sierra Leone and the UK where she attended to Trinity College, Cambridge University. She is presently based in the United States of America.

BellaNaija interviewed Isha in October 2010 and the response was phenomenal! Great to see good things happening in every aspect of her life.

CNN's Isha Sesay shows off her Engagement Ring

CNN’s Isha Sesay shows off her Engagement Ring

Photo Credit: CNN

50 Comments on CNN’s Isha Sesay is now a Bride-to-be! Watch the Surprise Announcement by Anderson Cooper
  • Retrochic January 9, 2013 at 5:14 pm

Great news, it seems almost everybdy is getting married

• Demmy January 9, 2013 at 5:16 pm

aww congratulations to her. x

• majo January 9, 2013 at 5:18 pm

very happy for her!

• Bee Dazzler January 9, 2013 at 5:24 pm

Congratulation Isha Sesay on your engagement…When will i get married too?

Ans: till i make money and become a Billionaire.
    beedazzler.blogspot.com. Bella Inspires!!! must live to step into her shoes

• Glam January 9, 2013 at 5:32 pm

Congrats to Isha! Pretty ring too.

theglamfile.blogspot.com

• www.thebanquethall.blogspot.com January 9, 2013 at 5:39 pm

Congratulations to her. Marriage is a beautiful thing.

thebanquethall.blogspot.com

• i no send January 9, 2013 at 5:40 pm

congrats isha..good news

• Lolita January 9, 2013 at 5:45 pm

Aaaaaw, congrats dear. I love her reporting. Proudly African, no faking accent, and thats on CNN o. Local champions here will be speaking foneh. Nigerian women, now that is how to wear a weave. Simple and natural looking. Not overpowering your whole face and extending to your bum. Help people, I’ve never fixed brazilian hair before, and its because 9 out of 10 times, what i see from other women just turns me off. This one i really really like, and finally i want to try it out. Judging from this picture, if i want this look?
    How many packs of weave do I need? 2, or 3, I dont know again o. Most of the 3 packs i’ve seen looks too full (lion’s mane). This doesnt look too full, same with the pic with Anderson Cooper. I have a small face biko.
    Can anyone also recommend a brand of weave. I live in the UK, and there are too many to choose from.
    What length is this. It looks like 14 to me, am I correct
    Thanks
    BN, you guys more than rock. Saving this image and showing it to my hairdresser. Mwah.

• Teefah January 9, 2013 at 6:07 pm

I think 2 packs and 14 inches should be ok, or maybe 14 and 16 then you can layer it to make it look more natural. I wouldn’t go with 3 bundles because that would defeat your purpose of a natural looking weave. Hope this helps
      With regards brand, are you after virgin human hair, i’d recommend that cos even though it’s more pricey than the usual “human hair” sold at places like Pak, they last longer, and you can pretty much manipulate them (i.e. dye, curl, straighten). I’d recommend brazillian/malaysian cos that blends better with relaxed hair, india hair is alright (if it’s the coarser texture) but I find that most indian hair is a bit too glossy for our relaxed texture.
      Phew! I’ve said enough lol. Hope this helps

• Lolita January 9, 2013 at 6:48 pm

It does o thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it. I concur, 3 packs will be too much. What brands of virgin brazilian hair please. I would like something I can buy online and is reliable. I’m just buying 2 packs, so it should be fine As long as it is not Aunty Funmi hair. That one, I can’t justify the expense o Shoes hen hen, I can spend well.

• lolita January 9, 2013 at 7:01 pm

If you don’t know the brands by name, any stores i can buy online. I’ve been checking, and they all claim to be “virgin unprocessed brazilian remy”. I’ve never bought before you see, so any recommendations will be great. Before I buy nonsense and vex. Lol

• Sexxie January 9, 2013 at 7:30 pm

Try Funmi hair, it will surely give u d natural look u crave. U can do 12 & 14 (2 packs). Google Funmi hair & get her address from d website. She’s in d UK as well.

• Lolita January 9, 2013 at 8:47 pm

Thanks for the response. Funmi hair I know about, I mentioned it before, I can’t justify the expense. 12 inches £240, 14 inches £270. Coming from someone who has an insane shoe fetish my boyfriend will laugh his socks off, if he reads this. I did the math and immediately knew which shoes I could buy for that price. Lol. Shoes trump hair baby. Any other suggestions please. @CRM swayhair.com is in the US. I live in Mama Charlie land. Keep it coming girls, this brazilian hair virgin needs to come out with a bang. No Mgbeke things. lol

• CRM January 9, 2013 at 7:46 pm

go to swayhair.com/

• Teefah January 9, 2013 at 10:58 pm

@Lolita I’ve only ever bought from private sellers..no name brand. I’ve never bought hair online before but I hear there are some trusted resellers . There’s a girl called Lady J’s she’s on fb (i know peeps who’ve bought from her). The lady I bought mine from and I’ve had it for 3 years and still rock it, is in Mill Hill. Otherwise you can try online and check out youtube for reviews. I feel you on Funmi hair, I can’t justify the price either

• Anon January 9, 2013 at 11:36 pm

Lolita she has a British accent though from growing up here in the UK.

• Monica January 10, 2013 at 6:16 am

google is your friend!

• Sexxie January 10, 2013 at 9:35 am

So sorry dear, didn’t notice ur comment about funmi hair b4 replying. I’m a shoe fetish too but I always balance things…I know there r other nice weaves apart frm fumni but my dear, they don’t come cheap either. When it comes to extensions, for me, it’s d best or nothing! Good hair( natural or extension) is a woman’s crowning glory.

• Inebaby January 9, 2013 at 6:06 pm

Congrats girl! Love her….

• liily January 9, 2013 at 6:08 pm

congratulations!!! she is sooooo pretty! My Heavenly Father as You are blessing people please don’t forget to double my own blessing. Lord please bless me! In Jesus name AMEN!!

• Floxy January 9, 2013 at 7:13 pm

Lolita u too funny oh i swear

• Shehu Naberu January 9, 2013 at 7:43 pm

Good now that the time has come! U are welcomed to our world!!

• Wale January 9, 2013 at 7:57 pm

Story is not complete…who is the lucky man?

• Omalicha January 9, 2013 at 8:44 pm

go to aliexpress.com or dhgate.com and order hair for great price guaranteed!!

• ONAKACHI January 9, 2013 at 8:48 pm

Awww…very nice. I think the first time I saw her on AC360, I yelped with excitement because I remembered her from this site (after I watched her interview Uche and later read the interview she did with BellaNaija).

• Isatu January 9, 2013 at 10:05 pm

Isha Sesay born 1976 in London looking like a born 86 baby!!! Good genes all round her mum is in politics in Sierra Leone and looks so young too for her age

• Rogue January 10, 2013 at 8:42 am

Na Money… The babe is 37 degrees and hot…

• Isatu January 9, 2013 at 10:10 pm

Bella your caption “Isha sesay shows off her engagement ring” on the second photo is wrong that ring is on the wrong hand and finger if you replay the video when she has both hands up you will see her very blingy engagement ring on her left hand ring finger

• Yetty January 9, 2013 at 10:22 pm

Go to preciousmane.com. its UK based. Congrats to Isha! Wish her all d best.

• Dlapikin January 9, 2013 at 10:39 pm

Beauty and brains!

• Teefah January 9, 2013 at 10:59 pm

• lolita January 10, 2013 at 10:58 am

In fact, you are making my head swell. We fellow Bella Naijarians. Thanks. Teefah, can you please give me the email address of the woman in Mill Hill. I will also check out the Lady J on facebook, but I would really prefer personal recommendations. 3 years is a big deal in terms of hair.

• Kenny January 10, 2013 at 1:39 am

Oh my goshhhhhhh i missed her Isha why? i’ve always wanted to marry you. Well i wasn’t fast enough demmmm who’s that dude that has snatched this pretty African queen? Lol…… the dude better be handsome, must no how to dress and ultimately, must make sure he treats her like the queen she is, otherwise we are taking her from him. Isha wishing you all the very best comes with marriage.

• nky January 10, 2013 at 8:05 am

@ lolita thats not brazillian hair. Its virgin european hair in 200g. And for the lenght, my guess is a 14 and 16 inches. I deal in human hair and they all come with a two year guarantee. You can send me a mail nkyanthonia@yahoo.com for info and pics…………..ps not all human hair is brazilian, indian or peruvian.

• lolita January 10, 2013 at 11:00 am

Thanks nky, i’m definitely emailing you. So this is virgin european. Wow you do have a trained eye. Help a sister out. 2 packs should do right?

• Shehu Naberu January 10, 2013 at 8:36 am

Wish her even more better presentation of her programs, happy engagement and a blissful marriage life!

• Nenye January 10, 2013 at 9:04 am

preti congrts

• Sexxie January 10, 2013 at 9:39 am

Lol! Silly me! Got carried away talking hair. Congrats to pretty Isha!

• atutupoyoyo January 10, 2013 at 11:50 am

phew almost 4got we were supposed to be talking about Isha but hair got in the way…..congrats Isha proud of u and what u do……pray the guy treats u good and u both enjoy marital bliss…..

• Benson January 10, 2013 at 11:51 am

Big congrats.I love this babe when she is reporting.True African woman.

• brandigest January 10, 2013 at 1:18 pm

lovely African Lady… I always get carried away anytime she shows up on my TV screen.

brandigest.wordpress.com/

• judith okafor January 10, 2013 at 6:29 pm

Congrats Dear!

• Jane January 10, 2013 at 11:42 pm

Her set time is here! Beauty and brains. Very nice to know some dude loves her even in her seeming busy schedule and has gone further to ask her hand in marriage. Congrats Isha!

• Naza January 11, 2013 at 9:02 pm

Aww, so happy for her.. check out my blog and ask questions. :)
    askanigeriannow.blogspot.com

• omada January 11, 2013 at 11:47 pm

awwwww… i love her. one of my faves on CNN. congrats!

• Fouad March 21, 2013 at 4:13 am

Please please please don’t let him be white

• Cy April 15, 2014 at 5:53 pm

Good for you. that is another phase of life to you go. More greaase to your elbow OK