Living La Vida Sylvia! A Peek into MBGN 2011 Sylvia Nduka’s Jet Set Life

Livin La Vida Sylvia - January 2013 - BellaNaija004When Sylvia Nduka won the 2011 Most Beautiful Girl in Nigeria pageant, there was such uproar that we were not sure if she would make it through her tenure. During her time as the 2011 MBGN, Sylvia turned many cynics into fans with her non-profit work and business savvy.

Sylvia runs a hair extension line “Sylvia’s Hair” and a hair salon/retail outlet “Sylvia’s Hair Gallery” in Surulere. In addition, she launched and completed the first season of the “Face of Sylvia’s Hair” competition in 2012.

In addition to her entrepreneurial pursuits, Sylvia is enjoying her jet set life. Check out photos below.

Jetting Off

Jetting Off

Test Drive

Test Drive

On holiday in Dubai

On holiday in Dubai

Livin La Vida Sylvia - January 2013 - BellaNaija010Livin La Vida Sylvia - January 2013 - BellaNaija013

Jetting back

Jetting back

Boating with fellow beauty queen Ene Maya Lawani in Lagos

Boating with fellow beauty queen Ene Maya Lawani in Lagos

With 2Face and fellow beauty queen  Maryam Elisha

With 2Face and fellow beauty queen Maryam Elisha

Striking a Pose

Striking a Pose

With Designer Mai Atafo at a Wedding

With Designer Mai Atafo at a Wedding

51 Comments on Living La Vida Sylvia! A Peek into MBGN 2011 Sylvia Nduka’s Jet Set Life
  • Sexxie January 14, 2013 at 9:42 am

Nice! Glad she’s enterprising, nothing beats a steady source of income. But not to be misunderstood, I’m happy she’s living ‘la vida Sylvia’ but d question is with whom? Someone’s hubby? I didn’t expect to see some of those pics on BN…Does she own a pj? No. Can She take herself to Burj Al Arab? Erm…don’t think so. We all know how these things work, beauty queen or not.

• dee January 14, 2013 at 9:58 am

Please take her far from Tuface o. We don’t want another belle story.

• hally January 14, 2013 at 10:02 am

@ sexxie said it all.girl we know that pagent money/weave bizn cant pay for the Xtrem luxury life u’r living.we all know how these things work doll.

• AristoLifestyle January 14, 2013 at 10:04 am

I admore her enterpreneuiral spirit
    But Private Jets
    Expensive suites in 5 star hotels in Dubai?
    I dunno why these girls put these things out there cos people are not stupid
    Some married man is funding your lifestyle and you are proudly exhibiting it

• i no send January 14, 2013 at 1:17 pm

we know how these things work….tomorow they will join mfm for prayer …she should keep these things discreet

• Abike January 14, 2013 at 4:31 pm

I’ve been on a private jet before and it wasn’t with a married man. There are single rich men in Nigeria whether u want to believe it or not. Every fun expensive looking activity doesnt have to be funded by a married man.

Plus taking a picture inf front of the 7-star hotel doesn’t mean she stayed there. Only if u tell me you’ve been in one of the rooms there and the room she put up is definitely one of their rooms.

You people should not be quick to assume the worst abeg as if if you get the opportunity you won’t jump on it.

• Kamal January 14, 2013 at 8:49 pm

Thank you very much Abike! I know a couple of single men in Lagos and Abuja who own private jets! We should not be quick to judge and condemn!

• Ona January 17, 2013 at 3:49 am

Sylvia, but did u have to use a fake name to defend urself???

• Bibi January 14, 2013 at 10:20 am

7 star hotel.

• Motun January 14, 2013 at 10:22 am

HATERZ!

• Bey January 14, 2013 at 10:24 am

Yaay I’ve seen dt Green dress on kim k..it looks good on U too..– Congrats Dear

• pynk January 14, 2013 at 10:43 am

Nigerian babes just keep exposing themselves. Jetsetting life indeed.

• Missy January 14, 2013 at 11:02 am

@sexxie as much as I wld like to agree with u it’s true 90% of the time but then again she might just have a single rich boyfriend/finacee she does hv an engagement ring on after all. There are still a few single millionaires on the raise looking for wives or trophy wives as the case may be.

• Yinka January 14, 2013 at 11:03 am

I JUST WANT TO DIE RIGHT NOW … THIS IS A BIG SHOW OFF, BUT WHY? THIS IS UNFAIR SYLVIA, THIS IS UNFAIR AND GOD IS WATCHING, HE WILL DO MINE WITHOUT MARRIED MEN SPONSORING IT IN JESUS NAME (AMEN AND AMEN AND AMEN).

ANYWAYS I ENVY YOUR LIFESTYLE SHA … GOD BE WITH YOU.

• Bey January 14, 2013 at 11:26 am

@ yinka Lol

• Monica January 14, 2013 at 11:59 am

well done to her. No need to envy. all if it is vanity at the end of the day. materials things which we will leave here on this earth.

I wish everyone all the best. and to those speculating about how she made this money, well…she is the only one who knows the truth to that question.

In any case, may God bless us and continue to cause His face to shine upon us all. Amen!

• Alache January 14, 2013 at 12:23 pm

How do you guys know she is being sponsored by a married man?

• Monica January 14, 2013 at 1:39 pm

please o. dont leave that type of question attached to my comment. I didnt mention anything of the sort. I dont even know the girl. I just read the comments and left my own.

• nich January 14, 2013 at 12:53 pm

Ladies but why do u think that it is definitely a married man…..?does it mean that there are no single guys that are rich…………although I still believe that you ladies are not fast from the truth……

• Chi-ka January 14, 2013 at 1:07 pm

I love how she’s grown in terms of dressing and carriage. I wish her all the best.

P.S.: Not everybody’s posh lifestyle is sponsored by a married man. Not everybody is into sugar daddies. Some people are privileged; just because she is not from one of those families that we constantly see on BN does not mean she isn’t from a wealthy family. Or as one person said, she might just have a rich fiancee who likes to spoil her. Yes! Believe it or not, some men still do these things for their women. Or she might have another business in addition to the one we know (hair). There may be several reasons why she is able to live this lifestyle. It doesn’t always have to be a married man. Gosh! Our society is so polluted with these things that it is almost impossible for people to believe that a chic can indeed live lavishly.

And before anyone jumps on my case, no, I am not Sylvia and I do not know her personally in any capacity…

• Idak January 14, 2013 at 5:59 pm

I have a bridge i’m selling. you sound like a potential buyer. Pls get in touch.

• Iruya January 26, 2013 at 3:01 pm

thank you very much,people can just be stereotyped and judgmental,life is too easy to hate on someone,be happy for them and ur own wld come…

• golden Globe Redcarpet January 14, 2013 at 1:10 pm

I can’t hate on a fine girl,she is living her life! Life shouldn’t be taken so serious you know,vanity or not…I would embrace such a widely door opportunity,married man or not(as far as my legs are close)….

• Retrochic January 14, 2013 at 2:10 pm

Well, it shows that she needs to expose her lavish lifestyle for everyone to see, pls let me add, Agbani Darego, Omowunmmi Akinnifesi, and the other successful ex-beauty queens, didnt need to unneccessary publicize thier large living, i really dont care where the source of income is coming from, because am not God, why should i judge, she is obviously old enough to tell the difference between right from wrong. but what is upsetting for me is why she feels the need to publicize her flamboyant lifestyle, afterall everything is just vanity, and it clearly shows where her interests lie.

• Esther January 14, 2013 at 2:41 pm

La Vida Sylvia! Lol

• jessie January 14, 2013 at 4:39 pm

most pictures on bella naija are not directlyfrom d person being discussed, most of this pictures are from instagram.
    The fact is my bf can afford way more than this and we do this alot. hiring a private jet is not as crazy as u fink . Most of us feel everything a pretty girl gets is from one married man, funny enough your senators daughters do worse u all see their pictures and wish to be in their shoes. People she is balling and balling dis way kills it all.

• konnie January 14, 2013 at 4:46 pm

Nice but please ladies, stop the ugly pouts. messes the face up

• Cynthia January 14, 2013 at 6:40 pm

We really need to stop this stereotype thing , based on assumptions,it isn’t nice, how can people just assume that her lifestyle is sponsored by a married man.haba.stop generalizing without facts.

• ao January 14, 2013 at 11:16 pm

Thank you! I was thinking the same thing. People should let the woman enjoy herself and stop assuming that a married man is the one funding her enjoyment.

• zsa zsa January 14, 2013 at 11:20 pm

I agree with some of the comments. Just because she appears to be living large dose not mean she is being sponsored by a married man. I am married and my hubby and i are still trying to get it together career and money wise. Whenever i see young women doing big things i actually get excited and then y’all come in and burst my bubble!! :)
    I think we should take it easy with the assumptions, unless you know for a fact that a lady is being “kept” by a married man lets just take them at their word. We don’t want to give younger girls/ladies the impression that the only way to success or living well is a rich married mans pocket.

• NNENNE January 15, 2013 at 1:38 am

@Abike… God bless you! At this time and age,it is annoying to know that Most Nigerians still do not know that a woman is capable of doing anything.
    My auntie was Nurse practitioner ,working two full time jobs and making over two hundred thousand a year. The first time she went home to meet her fiancé’s family, they were all telling her how lucky she was to meet their brother, how she will not have to work ever in her life.
    What they did not know, was that she made more money than he did.
    I do not support vain living but sylvia may have put herself out here to promote her business.
    EVERY NIGERIAN WOMAN DO NOT SLEEP AROUND PLEASE!

• Deedee January 15, 2013 at 1:57 am

Well good luck to her

• primrose January 15, 2013 at 5:00 am

I dont like the necklace on her trado garb. Seems like it was designed to choke her. Guurl, I want to be at the Burj Al Arab too. Hmmm. Some day with my son and daughter. We shall enjoy that place. Please dont let the bathroom tiles touch your skin. Think of all the people who have left skin cells on there. THink of all the cleaners who use the same scrub to clean all bathrooms at least on your floor transferring germs. Just my crazy mind going haywire…..

• Oncarela January 15, 2013 at 7:43 am

I don’t care if she is engaged to okoya or dangote is screwwing her, I just want to warn her very very well to stay off mai atafo 4 me, biko nu nwanem, mai am coming for you!

• Berry Dakara aka Choco Latte January 15, 2013 at 8:25 am

I would have liked to see some of her philanthropic work here. These pictures make it seem like all she was/is interested in is traveling, and weaves (which are not bad, actually cos I love traveling, myself). BUT the short write-up mentioned non-profit work, and that was it. There’s no mention of what her platform was, no pictures of how she’s helped others. It would have made sense to include it.

My thoughts.

berrydakara.blogspot.com

• KK January 15, 2013 at 5:53 pm

GOD BLESS U GOOD POINT

• despy January 15, 2013 at 7:55 pm

without dithering about married man or single being behind her. “Discretion shall preserve you””(no be me talk am ooh check out King solomon himself). If I were dating a single man and he could afford to give me this lifestyle……..I shall be keeping my cards close to my chest……not flaunting it………and as for married men do not even get me started……..young girls that go after married men….you seriously think their wives are sleeping………..YOU MUST BE joking!!!

• Debs January 16, 2013 at 10:49 am

are these two dating? Just asking

• vanessa January 16, 2013 at 3:35 pm

poverty mentality,who ever said infact where is it written that single hardworking girls cant enjoy their lives,what if she stayed in the 7 star hotel,what if she does contracts.the mentality of 8-5 job has blinded people.i dont see whats so megs in wht she is doing.i beg go and wash your head and pray to GOD for xplosive wealth instead of judging people

• ZK January 16, 2013 at 3:48 pm

Bellanaija pls can i send some of my vacation pictures to you too? Mine includes the Bahamas, Gambia , spain…tchewww

• Chouchou January 16, 2013 at 4:48 pm

Dont hate, congratulate. Lol

• Omega Female January 16, 2013 at 9:27 pm

I do not understand how you think someone will just send their vacation pictures to Bella Naija to publish, when it’s not wedding pictures or videos…ahan! Bella Naija probabaly got these pictures from her facebook or instagram account. Live and let live. And i enjoyed looking at the pictures…shows the amount of progress she’s made in her look and style and how real Mbgn is …every single mbgn i know has something good going on for them…i just hope she’s making the same progress with her diction.

• hot momma n future gastronomic star January 19, 2013 at 10:29 pm

@omega female, am with you on that. Nice pictures. but hope she has protection because her shop is very visible and is in surulere where robberies are pretty regular… stay safe ladies

• ibukungeorge January 24, 2013 at 2:15 am

ROFL@all the comments.

• alban February 17, 2013 at 11:26 pm

oh plz bcos u’re not the one in the jet it is vanity. even God wants us to reign on earth as kings, it’s in the Bible. if you have the money on earth and you don’t spend it, is it in your grave you want to spend it? So many nigerians are just haterz looking to bring out the worst in everyone