BN Beauty: Are you Tired of Your Body Acne? 3 Steps to Help Get Rid of It

Posted on Tuesday, June 4th, 2013 at 10:52 AM

By Laura Nwabia

Body Acne Be Gone - BellaNaija - June2013So you’re all toned up at the right places, looking really fly and ready to rock that gorgeous short backless gown. You put the gown on, it fits properly and just to make sure, you went to use the big mirror! And then you saw the most annoying thing and confidence killer. On your chest, arm and back; ACNE! This ended the night for your lovely short backless gown and for anything remotely open for some time. I know for most of us this scene is quite familiar, but like I always say; there is always a natural solution to every beauty challenge, and this solution is very safe. Enjoy!

Stage 1
First of all, instead of getting depressed you need to change your diet and start munching rigorously on anti-acne fruits and drinks. This is the first stage of your journey to get rid of your Body acne and all you need to do here, is stop eating greasy and sugary foods (fried foods, butter, chocolate, ice-cream etc) for now at least. It’s not easy but you have to, if you want to get to your final destination of an acne free body.

As we go along please keep in mind that there are other anti-acne fruits but I’ll focus on the most effective and easy to get ones. Here they are

Apples
As the saying goes ‘one or more apples a day, keeps the acne and doctors away’. From my personal experience I can testify to that saying because munching on apples daily has done wonders for my skin and health. Apples contain an enzyme called pectin, (a great diet supplement that improves your health) and the antioxidants on the apple skin makes the skin look younger and prevents the development of acne. Make apples part of your diet and always try to eat at least one everyday.

Bananas
As a natural supplement of Probiotics (a.k.a good bacteria), bananas help rinse out the bad bacteria that can cause acne and skin blemishes. It’s advisable you take it in moderation; at least one large or three small bananas a day.

Lemons
Lemons contain Alpha Hydroxyl Acids (AHAs) also known as citric acid. This acid which resides in its juice aids in the removal of dead skin cells, supports the growth of new skin cells and stimulates skin elasticity. Organically grown lemons help fight acne problems effectively, as they are known to be ‘very alkaline forming’, so they restore body balance and maintain a fresh skin. You can either drink it or use it as a cleanser. Please note that for those with sensitive skin it is safer to dilute with water.

Pineapples
Pineapples have a high alkaline level and restores pH balance which aids in eradicating acne-causing bacteria. Apart from that, pineapples contain a protein-digesting enzyme called ‘bromelain’ that effectively reduces swelling and inflammation. It is also rich in vitamin C, which is very good for the skin. Two slices of pineapples daily should do the trick.

Once you’re certain your diet routine is on point, the next move is to sweat it all out! Engage in any form of exercise that makes you sweat. I know some people say sweating is bad for acne, but sweating eradicates toxins from the body and should be washed off the skin immediately the exercise is done so it doesn’t clog your pores all over again.

Stage 2
Along with good food and exercise you will also need to change what you drink. I advise you take a good amount of green tea and water. Take at least 8 glasses of water a day and two teacups of green-tea (morning and night). Once you do this regularly, your skin would become acne free and healthier.

Stage 3
Thirdly, we tackle the issue of the beauty regimen. Treating body acne means more exfoliation. Exfoliate with a mild or medium body scrub,either with your hands or with a towel, in a gentle and circular motion. For a natural method of exfoliating, mix a sizeable amount of honey with 1tablespoon of cinnamon and 1teaspoon of thyme properly. Cleanse your body and apply gently in a circular motion for 3mins. Leave the mixture on your skin for about an hour and rinse your skin thoroughly with warm water. Ensure you use warm water because the mixture could get very sticky so the warmth of the water would take it off easier.

Once your skin is clean and dry apply a very good cream that has benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid. These ingredients are very good in killing bacteria known to be responsible for acne production. Depending on the severity of the acne, you can exfoliate thrice a week.

Follow this regimen and I’m sure you will be on your way to clear and acne free skin. Do you know any beauty remedies for body acne? Don’t forget to share them.

Photo Credit: cdn2-b.examiner.com

Be Sociable, Share!

Tags: , , , , ,

• Custom Search
  • 24 Comments on “BN Beauty: Are you Tired of Your Body Acne? 3 Steps to Help Get Rid of It”

Comments
    • BeeT June 4, 2013 at 11:22 AM

Thanks for this…

• ballerina June 4, 2013 at 11:50 AM

Just want to add that it is always helpful to see a dermatologist/GP, if you are able to. There are types of acne that are hormonal in nature or that may require a stronger treatment program. If topical treatments like the above do not work, please contact a doctor before more damage is done.

• Mariaah June 4, 2013 at 12:52 PM

I’ve been going through a lot of issues lately which resulted in horrible break out since May. I think it is safe to say I have tried everything! I think I may try the lemon thing. I got a soap (sebeamed) 2 fridays ago and I am noticing results (or maybe not).. I also intend getting other products off their skin care line to complement the soap and I hope it works.
      I also intend seeing a dermatologist to as soon as possible. I know the breakout will stop but I am trying to prevent black-heads and spots it will leave, I don’t use foundation or powder (over a year ago).
      Does anyone know a dermatologist in Abuja?? Not too expensive biko.. Thank you :)

• Hurperyermie June 4, 2013 at 2:09 PM

thanks Bella

• Turayo Tijani June 4, 2013 at 3:25 PM

Just drink more water, don’t touch the acne (it’s hard but leave it alone) and don’t pop it

• Princess June 4, 2013 at 5:57 PM

I would love to write this in CAPS some last three months i was on the internet looking for solutions any type just something to help my face, 10 layers of foundations could not mask my acne polished face.. it would suffice to say i have spent not less than 100o pounds on beauty regimes to get rid of this acne but nothing i mean nothing worked. Last month i started using a *natural* honey soap with dried fruits made in the delta region of Nigeria, i also combined with Sea breeze face cleanser…… my dear people of bella naija. There is no single acne on my face two months later. I Have eaten chocolates, groundnuts, cashew nuts, icrea cream and everything i haven’t eaten in 8 years, my face still glows. I really wish i could paste a before and after picture of myself…. i am so damn happy

• Mariaah June 5, 2013 at 2:09 PM

Where can we get this soap?? I’ve been using sea breeze (the one with 1% Salicic acid) and bathing with dudu osun soap (I had a pimple here and there once in a while)… Fast-foward beginning of last month, May. I have rough face all over.. Though what I use ATM seems to be working but gimme ur soap 411?? Please..

• Olds June 7, 2013 at 2:04 PM

Sister,help the brethren oh……it may sound a bit shallow but in my 27 years of existence,I have never been this depressed…acne is ruining my life!I too have spent almost a thousand pounds in the last 6-8 months and it seems like everything even the mildest of products makes it worse.Heck even the concoction the NHS gave me was like the final nail in the casket.It made everything 20 times worse!Chai!….while we are at it,Princess,Bella Naija and everyone,please any recommendations for a proper dermatologist in Lagos or Abuja?I will be home in a short while…help,please….it really is that serious.Thanks in advance darlings!

• Deebabz June 4, 2013 at 6:28 PM

at 26, No wonder never had acne…wink!
      I unconsciously do STAGE ONE n TWO on a daily basis…
      Green Tea and Lemon never finishes in my kettle no matter the weather—Am Addicted

• Mariaah June 5, 2013 at 2:12 PM

Forget it Deebaz, you probably have good skin genetically.. Some of of have to put more effort.. Its just like I can eat whatever I want and last last, I will not ever go beyond size 12.. I even eat at odd hours but I am a comfy size 8-10UK let someone else try that….. But this lemon therapy I am willing to try.. Told my brother to get me lemons from the market before I get back from work :)

• Bisibabe June 4, 2013 at 7:56 PM

Just use black soap. I’ve been using it for about 5 years and my face smooth and no discoloration or blackheads.

• hertz June 4, 2013 at 10:06 PM

Great article. I don’t know how factual it is to connect acne with our diet since there seems to be no concrete scientific research outcome to support these facts. However health eating is a good option to stay health.

• Oby June 8, 2013 at 2:41 PM

Princess pls can the soap be bought online? Can you send me a pic of it pls I am in South Africa. Pls helllllllllp!

• Nigeriansabroad June 8, 2013 at 10:27 PM

thanks bella for this. another home made recipe for exfoliation is sugar and olive oil, just mix a teaspoon of sugar with with four drops of olive oil and rub it on your face in a circular motion. leave for five minutes then wash it off with warm water.

• Princess June 9, 2013 at 4:25 PM

it isn’t available online, it is actually home made by the lady in delta state but her daughter has a bridal makeover studio in lagos and i think she uses it to treat her clients face,. am in london and my mum usually sends it to me.. u can contact Beerich makeover to get more details

• Princess June 9, 2013 at 4:28 PM

@oby i wish i could attach a picture of the soap maybe u could follow my twitter handle @princessxxy

• The Mane Captain June 21, 2013 at 6:13 AM

Apple Cider Vinegar is really good for any kind of acne. I stared seeing results just within days of using it. You just apply a bit on a piece of cotton ball and apply on affected areas twice a day. To help with the spots, you can use “Bio-Oil” or “Shea Butter”. I heard Pure African Black Soap also helps. I started experimenting with Black soap just few days ago just to see. I have to say that Luckily, I don’t have acne on my face, just on my back, with few bumps on the chest. It’s an unending battle for me.
      But you all should try those simple products.. I can guarantee Apple Cider Vinegar for fast results for sure!
      themanecaptain.blogspot.ca

• Kat June 25, 2013 at 7:11 PM

My dermatologist told me the primary cause of acne is actually a hormone called DHT and prescribed Clearogen to me. Since taking it, my skin has cleared up so much! In honor of Acne Awareness Month, they’re offering a huge discount on the entire skincare set. Check it out on their Facebook page: facebook.com/Clearogen

• Kim June 27, 2013 at 2:45 PM

I like all fruits you said about! I think for the best results it’s better to make a fruit salad from them each day:). Thank you for these great tips and review. I have a problem. I like sweet products very much and cannot avoid them so easily. Do you think eating sweets and drinking a lot of water together may help me? Sometimes I feel that drinking a good amount of water helps me to loose my weight. Am I right?

• lemonade-diet July 1, 2013 at 12:02 PM

It’s true that good skin starts from the inside out. You shared very helpful tips here. All of these fruits have wonderful qualities. I especially am fond of lemon for it’s antibacterial role.

• Blackpearl July 5, 2013 at 8:24 AM

Thank you so much for this article… it sure came in handy
      On the other hand, any ideas on how to make eyes look whiter???

• acne face wash BLOG March 14, 2014 at 12:55 PM

Thank you so much for these great tips and review.